Resizing images

Look for help topics on Forum related issues here ...
Outback bloke

Resizing images

Post by Outback bloke » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:05 pm

Original post by Ben.

Assuming you are running Windows XP

download this file - http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... ySetup.exe

and then run it.

Any image that you have on your computer you can now right-click on it and select "Resize Pictures"

When the dialogue box opens up select the most appropriate option. The forum only allows .jpg files to maximum 97.5kb, .jpeg to max 19.5kb and .jpe to max 19.5kb. Providing you are using a .jpg extension (you can just change a .jpe or .jpeg extension to .jpg without detriment) then either small or medium options are fine for use on the forum. The sizes will also be most suitable for all web users to view on the screen (yes there are some people out there still using 800x600 displays)

When the file is resized the new version will be in the same folder in the original and have a "(small)" or "(medium)" in the title. This is the one you can upload to the forum.

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:52 am

That is so cool. Kinda thought you should have been able to do something like that for ages. I cheated by pretending to email the pics and then grabbing them and deleting the new email.
Settlement Creek Racing

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:25 am

For Vista users you want the following.

1. Download and Install (PrishImageResizer.msi)
2. Select one or multiple image files with your mouse.
3. Right-click a file name and scroll over "Prish Resizer"
4. Select one of the Preset Sizes or "Resize..." to choose a custom size.

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:46 am

For Mac OSX Users (currently using OSX.5.5 here, Earlier OSX ie. OSX.4 etc doesn't have this feature but if you have photos in iPhoto then that program will be able to do that explained below-)
Anyway, Preview is on the dock (normally it is, otherwise it'll be in Applications folder) open that, and find the photo or picture you want to resize - drag the photo and drop on preview that is on the dock.

Adjust Size is under Tools menu in Preview.

My Photo default size - find "Width" and change the size of the photo to 800x600

After you change the size, Then click on OK button.

• For iPhoto (currently using 7.1.5)
Under File menu is "Export" then go to "File Export" tab, then go down to "Size", click on "Custom" make sure its showing Max dimension of "800" which will become 800x640 etc...

In older version of iPhoto, the export is in other menu (but its there) can't remember and I'm not going to install older version on my computer.

Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

Return to “Forum Help Area”