New Moderators

Look for help topics on Forum related issues here ...
Outback bloke

New Moderators

Post by Outback bloke » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Steptoe has just volunteered to moderate the mechanical section of this forum. Well he didn't really but his suggestion brought about this idea so I made him moderator of that section.

I thought that if some other regulars think they would like to moderate a part of the forum that I will set the permissions to make it happen. There is no holy power that you receive when you become a moderator, it basically allows you to stick, edit threads, posts, delete crap and move threads/posts to where they should be in your area.

It keeps the board in shape and looking how it should. New moderators are great because they have new enthusiasm for doing this sort of stuff. As time goes by you lose interest in it and just want to read the posts.

If any one wants to give it a go just send me a pm. If I get too many peopel I will just choose names at random out of the group.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Well, shucks ;)
I don't mind giving it a go , so long as I don't have to correct speeling mistakes

Now, what chapter of PC's for Dummies will these duties be covered in ?

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:31 pm

haha, leave the spelling, grammar and other mistakes to me. It's one thing I just can't stand (within reason). I'm not perfect myself but bloody hell, they teach the difference between "their", "they're" and "there" in grade three! :)

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:21 pm

AndrewT wrote: they teach the difference between "their", "they're" and "there" in grade three!
Yeah thats a pet hate of mine too.

Use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser, they have a built in spell checker
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Subaman

Post by Subaman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:27 pm

Andrew T, maybe you need to take the same view as the subaru club editor......As quoted in the QLD "Subanews" magazine.....

"If you find mistakes in the Subanews, please consider it put there on purpose. We try to publish something for everyone, and some people are always looking for mistakes!" :)

tony

Post by tony » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:15 am

besides if you notice the mistakes it means you have read it. I know a shop owner who puts notices on a board at the front of his shop and he told me he often deliberately mispells words because it draws in people who tell him he has spelled/splelt/speeellled some word rong and end up buying a coke or sandwich.
however i must confess that on some sites people insist on using texting language, I can't be bothered even reading it and even if it is something I can help with I take the attitude that if they don't respect readers enough to use proper or even reasonable grammar and spelling then they don't really need my help.

Return to “Forum Help Area”