AndrewT wrote:Maybe just updating a few things. I've been away from this site for quite a while so not sure the current status of these things so just basing them out below in case they need attention.
In the Forum....
"The Backyard Boys" advertising banner
- When you click it, it directs to a webpage which doesn't exist. Does "The backyard boys" still exist itself?
Under "Suspensions - shocks, springs, and upgrades" there is a Sticky thread for "BYB Lift Kits" by Suby Wan Kenobi, which is an advert for lift kits to suit various cars, adaptor plates, bash plates etc with "Website coming soon".
- Are BYB or Suby Wan Kenobi still making lift kits? There seem to be a few threads recently with people struggling to find lift kits forsale.
There's also a similar Sticky in the For Sale section.
- Would be good to update these, I'm sure it will help sales etc.
Maybe evaluate some of the forum sections which are seldom used.
- Communication. Last post back in 2012
- Navigation. Last post back in August 2013
Perhaps merge them?
Main front webpage...
- Is this used much? There seem to be very few albums here and it asks me to log in when I click on them, and my login fails anyway.
- Is this used much? There seems to only be two events listed, from 2007 and 2008, neither with any actual content. Seems to be a bit redundant as there is a "Camping and Travel" forum section anyway.
Lift kits and Engine Adaptor Plates sections
- Indicates new webpage and online ordering system are under development but seems to have said that for years.
- Links to forum threads which don't exist any more
- Broken picture links
- Maybe redundant as Suby Wan Kenobi's forum threads may have taken over their purpose?
- Goes to an error when you click it.
Perhaps use Capcha or something similar for registrations. Every other forum I go on seem to have spammers very well under wraps without too many issues. I guess this is currently under review right now anyway given very recent issues.
I wouldn't mind seeing a completely new format.
Some other forums I frequent are so much easier to navigate and easier on the eyes, for example,
(To me they look like three different (better) forums)
I don't know anything about web hosts, but those forums ^ all seem to be a lot better presented. And if I'm honest, it is a big reason I don't frequent here as much, because this site seems dated, but the content is still valuable and unique to ausubaru
Hope this helps
I'm keen to see what the new site will be like!