forsale section

Ask for help from the Admin / Moderators ...
Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:41 pm

I agree with Muddy on this one if you are sick of cutting and pasting you should be in the Comercial Advertisers section not in private
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

Subaman

Post by Subaman » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:13 am

What is the biggest issue that brought about the need for the form anyway? was it simply the fact that nobody was stating where abouts the items for sale were located? Could this be overcome by making it compulsry to fill in the location details when signing up (I know this wont work for those who have already signed). I have never personally had a problem with the form myself but I would imagine it could be quite a PITA when trying to list multiple items when you are parting out a complete car for example. We dont wont to scare people away from advertising on here as a good/strong market place is good for hits and keeps people coming back to the site.
Stepping off soapbox now...
Cheers
Grant

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:26 pm

Before we really had any rules there were all sorts of rediculous adds on here - I can remember one posted (user's only post ever BTW) that was simply:

Subject: Liberty For Sale

There are several key variables that people are still just failing to include. I feel the template is simple, effective and is also a good way to weed out the serious sellers from the "make me an offer" numbnuts.
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

stinky

Post by stinky » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:48 pm

To be honest I don't really care all that much if somebody hasn't followed the template but has still put in all the relevent details, usually I'll edit it for them and put it in the correct template and leave it at that.

It's there to assist both the seller and the buyer by making sure a person puts in all the relevent details. It's not difficult, there's no images or anything in the template, so I can't see why even on 56k it would take more than 5 minutes to open it up, copy the data, and paste it into your post.

I don't see why any rational person would advocate the removal of such a simple but useful template.
'91 brumby, EJ-Turbo with VOSChip, 2" lift, 15" superlites, Dual Range AWD.

'93 Subaru Legacy, 2.2 auto, automatic seatbelts, LHD.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:33 pm

Another option is to save the template as a word document. Then you can create all your ads offline and then simply paste them in to a post once you are on the internet.

I feel that all the hard work that has gone in to the site by admins and moderators over the years is excellent and is the backbone of the site. Surely 5 mins work on the behalf of a seller for a free ad directed to dedicated buyers is not too much to ask.

When it all boils down to it, they are the forum rules. If some one doesn't like their posts being deleted they either conform to the rules or simply don't post.

waggaclint

Post by waggaclint » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:08 am

I think subas idea is the go its easy..to
2011 Forester X

Return to “Contact a Moderator”