bloody cops :)

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
clarkey

bloody cops :)

Post by clarkey » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:13 pm

lastnight in forrestfield just of hale road, just past the shell survo a couple of cops pulled me over (i am only on my l's). They had just pulled some one over just after the lights and they stared at me the whole way past them and my mum and i both knew that they were going to pull me over i got a red light and they came up in the straight ahead lane and cut across just to pull me over. they recon that the light that i had on the front of my car in behind the grill was ilegal and he reconds he was going to sticker it but he let me of with a caution and said if he sees me driving around with it on again he will sticker my car. but they accualy turned out to be pretty nice pair of cops after all. but i still had to take it off and thats a bummer coz it looked pretty good.

so i thought i would start a post bout cops and our run in's that we all have had with them. thought it might be a good topic to talk about and just to have a laugh bout some of the thingd that has happened.

let us know.

Michael.
nuthin beats a subbi

Previous rides: 1998 rx liberty sedan, 2007 mitsu 380 and now a 2005 foz, lifted with bigger and black wheels ( Got rolled :( ) and now a 100 series land cruiser.

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:29 pm

in my experince out of the 5 times ive been pulled over, 2x have been for yellow stickers. and the other 2 were speeding fines. got let off for one. not very happy experinces.

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:32 pm

you gotta hook that light up to a switch eh bro. Thats how ive got mine. They pull ya over and they dont know where the light went cos u quickly turn it off!

when i got pulled over they even looked in my engine bay for mine and they couldnt see the 1m long neon hanging off the front grill bahaha.

dont take it off. Just hook it up to a switch or your ciggie lighter.

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Last time I was pulled over was for a random breath test.
But all 6 of us in the car thought it was because they spotted my mate in the boot, I owe a thanks to my saggy cargo blind :)

BRUMBERTY

Post by BRUMBERTY » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:08 pm

I was given a heap of liberty parts by our last local seargent, he loves his subies and tolerated mine being on the road....better than what it could have been like.

Still haven't met the new bloke.....hmmmm
1989 Subaru WonderBrumby II
EJ22 Dual range AWD lifted, widened and much happier now thanks very much.

1991 L Series wagon, white and perfectly normal apart from the ticking, no I think that is normal.

Jet boat..webbered EA81 with a hybrid tin dish welded and glued to it.

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:18 pm

i owned a VT once till i got smart....i was comming home from work one night about 1;30 am on a new years...was miles away dreaming of bed..came up over a hill and all i could see was a hiway patrol car on the road side..looked nice really in my high beam..with a speed gun pointed at me...looked down and thought...oh crap...30k's over...just pulled over and got it over with...he asked me if i had a reason for speeding...i told him yes but nothing you would believe[with a smile]...10 minutes later i got my ticket and was told i could just enter the motorway and head off...nearly worked for him as a reason for a second ticket....was a double line and painted traffic island...now if he had been there 2 nights earlier my mate and i were in a stupid mood and were racing each other...about 180kph...i was happy with the 25k over ticket he let me off with so i did not loose my licence for being 30ks over
ImageImage

life is like a game of cricket...at some time you will get hit in the nuts

BRUMBERTY

Post by BRUMBERTY » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:19 pm

And I bought the WonderBrumbyII from a member of the force in NSW and a member here!!

Top bloke, Hi Rob.

Fellas doing a hard shitty job.

1991 L Series wagon, white and perfectly normal apart from the ticking, no I think that is normal.

ChPLAT

Post by ChPLAT » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:41 pm

My old job was delivering pizzas. So one night I'm driving along, not speeding or anything and i see a cop behind me and he pulls me over. This is about 100 metres away from work. He comes up to the window and says 'Where are you off to tonight'. Well i'm sitting there in my bright red pizza hut shirt with a red hat that says 'Pizza Hut' in big letters and 4 big red duffle bags in the seat next to me full of pizza. I came so close to just going "well where the hell do you think I'm going jackass". Sometimes I wonder if they have anything else better to do. Oh and all I had done to the brumby was a cannon. Can't good drivers have cannons? I like the boxer sound. End rant. :)
Past rides-
1989 Brumby

Current ride-
MY06 Liberty 2.5i Sedan

sven '2'
General Member

Post by sven '2' » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:04 pm

The police do an amazing job - would (could?) you do it?

They are also reasonable - if you are a young punk acting like a punk...well expect to be treated as such.

Do the right thing, keep your mods stealth and well thought out, do not attract attention to yourself = nothing to worry about.

Sven
73 Yamaha DT3 250

08 Ford BF wagon - LPG FTMFW

14 Toyota Kluger - goodness!

clarkey

Post by clarkey » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:21 pm

Alex wrote:you gotta hook that light up to a switch eh bro. Thats how ive got mine. They pull ya over and they dont know where the light went cos u quickly turn it off!

when i got pulled over they even looked in my engine bay for mine and they couldnt see the 1m long neon hanging off the front grill bahaha.

dont take it off. Just hook it up to a switch or your ciggie lighter.

alex
yeh it was hooked up to my fog lights but yeh my mum and dad made me take them off :mad:
nuthin beats a subbi

Previous rides: 1998 rx liberty sedan, 2007 mitsu 380 and now a 2005 foz, lifted with bigger and black wheels ( Got rolled :( ) and now a 100 series land cruiser.

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:47 pm

I got pulled over after going straight through a double lane round about over the speed limit. They just told me "pull your f***ing head in* and let me go. Another time i got pulled over in my Val with no P plates on, just told them i was borrowing the car from my old man(in his name for insurance reasons) to go on a date. All they had to say was "nice car, you might get something in the mail later".

I've found the best approach is no BS, take it on the chin, and definitely never ever argue.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

clarkey

Post by clarkey » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:51 pm

sven '2' wrote:The police do an amazing job - would (could?) you do it?

They are also reasonable - if you are a young punk acting like a punk...well expect to be treated as such.

Do the right thing, keep your mods stealth and well thought out, do not attract attention to yourself = nothing to worry about.

Sven
im only an l plater (not that i drive like one) but my mum always panics when im driving because she thinks i approtch things too fast and that i brake late but as i said i know the capabilities of my car. its a subbie its gotta be good right? lol but nah i wasnt driving like an idiot. the cop accualy said to me that he didnt relise that i was an l plater till he walked upto my car and saw the l plates.

and yeh i would do it. i originaly wanted to be a cop ever since i was about 6 upto the start of this year/

Michael.
nuthin beats a subbi

clarkey

Post by clarkey » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 pm

I've found the best approach is no BS, take it on the chin, and definitely never ever argue.[/QUOTE]

yeh thats true i recon that the more of a smart ass you are the more they will fine you and in some cases even look over your car to sticker it. i get my p's in 3 months and i am definatly not gonna be an idiot and when i do get pulled over not gonna be a smart ass.

Michael..
nuthin beats a subbi

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:10 pm

I have been pulled over only a handfull of times. Once i was pulled over for a "Random Vehicle Inspection". Yes my hart sunk when i heard him say that.

He started by asking some general questions about the car and started writing something down. As soon as i mentioned it was an import he backed right off and sent me on my way.

I can't say i have a problem with them... for every 1 Subaru they give defect notices too there is 1000 Commodores.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:55 pm

You can reduce your chances of getting pulled over in the first place by not having neons on your car too.
You also reduce your chances of everyone thinking you are a retarded poser when they see you driving along with them switched on.

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:18 pm

clarkey wrote:im only an l plater (not that i drive like one) but my mum always panics when im driving because she thinks i approtch things too fast and that i brake late but as i said i know the capabilities of my car.
Mate, it doesn't hurt to listen to people who try and help with your driving. :)
Saying you know the capabilities of your car doesn't mean you can go 10ks quicker into a round about then say 90 corolla just because your car has awd for example. Not saying you do, just, you can learn a lot from people who have been there done that (parents).

brumbee

Post by brumbee » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:53 pm

if you want your parents to trust your driving you dont prove it by showing off your driving skills, just be sensible.
+ you get way better fuel economy, less tyre and brake wear if you approach things more gently, gotta respect your car, subies are good but they are still a car.

BRUMBERTY

Post by BRUMBERTY » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:50 am

I think minimum stopping distances are very cool,

Saves you from screaming passengers, insurance increases, doctors, plaster casts, panel beaters and all sorts of really uncool stuff. (like neons)

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:35 am

Knowing your car's capabilities is one thing, but do you know it's breaking points? In other words, if you drive to within an inch of what the car can do, it also means you could be chancing a serious mishap. Things go wrong and things wear out. Even the best race drivers are taken entirely by surprise when something lets go while they're driving within what they know is the limit.

The other BIG consideration is the limit of the road, and behavior of other traffic. A new pothole around a corner can kill you if you don't make allowance for it, or somebody going wide on the inside lane of a roundabout can send you out of control if you are already almost letting go and then have to swerve out of their way.

When you've been driving for many years, maybe then you will understand the dynamics, risks and responsibilities of driving on a road in public.

--------------------------------------------------

On the issue of police issues... A few weeks ago I was pulled over for RBT and license check. Well,, since there was an issue with my license (Transport Department cockup) they decided to call a couple more officers over and go over my car with a fine toothed comb (no nitts found). I knew there was nothing dodgy on my car, so all they could come up with was "if your tires extend beyond your chassis, you have to have SOLID flares not the FLEXIBLE ones". I explained to them that the flares I had fitted were the legally required ones under the guidelines for vehicle modification in Qld and that they complied with Aust Standards and ADR stipulations.

In the end, they admitted to not really knowing as much as I seemed to about the matter and that was the end of the issue. I mean, come on, "tires extending beyond the chassis have to have solid flares"? Umm, I thought most cars had their wheels on the outside of the chassis, and then, the fenders on most newer cars aren't even as stiff as the thick rubber extrusions I have around the edge of my fenders...
Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:37 am

clarkey, might not be a compliment when the policeman said he didn't know you where on your L's at first, maybe you didn't have them displayed as per instruction or maybe you were driving like, say, a P plater !!

You gotta think why he interpreted your light in the grille as a reason why he pulled you over - if it simply ain't allowed to be on in the traffic at night that'd be why not your driving ability so far.

He has a great job, in recent years NSW Police had an average length of service of just six years for males and just four for the girls. Divorce rate is pretty high amongst those that beat the averages. Like most of us they need a fair go.

On your performance braking, city style intersections controlled by lights tend to build up more oily surfaces due to engines sitting there dropping oil, more likely to drop off due to physics of hard braking. The build up more likely to impede braking unevenly

Return to “Open Slather”