Australian Anthem in Islamic

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 pm

The year is 1907, over one hundred years ago....

Sir Edmund Barton’s ideas on Immigrants and being an Australian in 1907.

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an Australian and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.

But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an Australian, and nothing but an Australian...

There can be no divided allegiance here.

Any man who says he is an Australian, but something else also, isn't an Australian at all.

We have room for but one flag, the Australian flag....

We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the Australian people.'

Edmund Barton

Every Australian citizen needs to read this!

(For those who don't know, Edmond Barton was Australia's first Prime Minister.. )
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

username

Post by username » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:57 pm

What alex said, two way street.

IF we migrated to their countries we would be expected to follow all their rules and laws regardless of what we do here

daveosubi

Post by daveosubi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:03 pm

There's heaps of these hate email's going around, usually localised from another email which was also fictitious to begin with. I wonder if the "arabs" will learn the 2nd part to anthem? no australian i know can it remember it most people dont even know there is 2nd part :)

[Collected via e-mail, June 2007]

OH CANADA - OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM

Boy do I ever agree with this one — Keep it the way it was written — English period, no exceptions!!!!!!

I am sorry but after hearing they want to sing the National Anthem in Hindi - enough is enough. No where did they sing it in Italian, Japanese, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German, Portuguese, Greek, or any other language because of immigration. It was written in English, and should be sung word for word the way it was written.

If this offends anyone too bad - because this is MY COUNTRY!!! - IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY, SPEAK UP — please pass this along.

I am not against immigration — just come through like everyone else. Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the past — and LONG LIVE CANADA!

PART OF THE PROBLEM

Think about this: If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone — YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM !!!!

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be CANADA if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in CANADA because it is the Country of Choice??????

Think about it!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT CANADIAN'S, MUST ADAPT.

It is Time for CANADIANS to Speak up. If you agree — pass this along; if you don't agree — delete it!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigrat ... anthem.asp

I like this one even if the quote is untrue, thought it was pretty witty :)
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/cosgrove-fem ... ewer.shtml

Return to “Open Slather”