Oz weekend 2013

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
El_Freddo
Master Member

Oz weekend 2013

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:34 pm

Welp, Ruby Scoo is all packed up with the three occupants for the long weekend - we're currently in Benders with family before we head off to Lake Eppalock tomorrow for the weekend - it's a short drive from benders.

The plan: waterski, jetski, drink and have a great time celebrating Australia Day over the long weekend. The most exciting part for me is that it's the first time the boat has been out in 3 years! A few reasons for this but I won't bore you with those details!

Then rock up back at work on Tuesday very sore...

What is everyone else doing for their Australia weekend?

Also, stay safe, apparently this is sadly the most violent day of the year for the police to deal with. Very sad to hear about this!

Enjoy! I'll add some pics of our unusual boat and our weekend next week ;)

Bottoms up!

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:24 am

Is it actually a long weekend or have you just made it one starting Friday?

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:20 am

wont be doing a lot this year for oz day unfortunately :( all my mates are at the big day out.

looks like ill be listening to the hottest 100 all day :D
2004 subaru forester -gone
1999 subaru forester- no more :(
1989 subaru brumby- sold!
2008 zook jimny -sold!
2003 mitsubishi pajero - missus car
2013 nissan d22- set up for long distant touring

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:14 am

steptoe wrote:Is it actually a long weekend or have you just made it one starting Friday?
yes its actually a long weekend.

for me, i'll be at a mates house tomorrow drinking his homebrew and watching cricket.

Just have to make it through work today!

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:27 pm

steptoe wrote:Is it actually a long weekend or have you just made it one starting Friday?
Yep long weekend - holiday on monday. It's been tough for me - off since the 21st of December :twisted:
thunder039 wrote:looks like ill be listening to the hottest 100 all day :D
Bloody big day out on Oz day - poor planning in my book! We'll have the hottest 100 on too. Looking forward to it - but I forgot to vote :???:
Alex wrote:for me, i'll be at a mates house tomorrow drinking his homebrew and watching cricket.

Just have to make it through work today!
Sounds like a plan Alex! Best of luck getting through the rest of the day, you're getting there ;)

We're about to smash some lunch, do some shopping then head off. Stoked!

Cheers

Bennie

Bantum
General Member

New Aussie Flag ...

Post by Bantum » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:03 pm

El_Freddo wrote: ... What is everyone else doing for their Australia weekend ? ...
Hmm, well I just did this ... :)

Any good ?

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:22 pm

The three (3) occupants ?? There is Bennie, Mrs Bennie ...... are you dropping any hints ??

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:15 pm

thunder039 wrote:looks like ill be listening to the hottest 100 all day :D
Me too, but they've been playing some garbage in the last 12 months, it wasn't hard to narrow down my top 3 :-?

As for the weekend, I'll be flying gliders what ever day the wind is best. Hopefully there's a good south easterly one day, heaps of people go down to deep creek to chuck models off the big slope this time every year. Last year the wind was blowing strong and true, fantastic lift! :) Hopefully the same this year.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:45 pm

I think Bennie you need to come up here with your boat:rolleyes: we got a lot of rain coming here in the next couple of days 300mm
Our club trip for this weekend has already been postponed :-(

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

Brumby Kid
General Member

Post by Brumby Kid » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:05 pm

steptoe wrote:The three (3) occupants ?? There is Bennie, Mrs Bennie ...... are you dropping any hints ??
No Jonno, it's not his mistress either. Il let him elaborate.
I'm surprised that the boat is going to be more exiting rather than having three Bennie's on a trip for the first time.

Cheers Cam
When life gives you a corner, drop a gear, pitch, and stomp the loud pedal
Bianca: 1991 Subaru Brumby
My First / Project car

EA81 Rebuilt by Tony Knight from knight Engines
2" body lift
25" 185r14 Yokahama Delivery Star, light truck tyres
2" Sports exhaust
Rear Aguip step/bar
Liberty seats
"Bianca"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dads Car: 02 Impreza WRX STi
Mums Car 08 Liberty Wagon

Rodeo4jake

Post by Rodeo4jake » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:06 am

:DHappy Australia Day:p
G'day all
Ive had to skip Australia day celebrations this year. My Father & I are in Narrabri in his new Off roader to look at a Travelander camper that goes on the back of it. If all is good we will head for home home with it today. If you've done 5000km Sunday to Friday what's another coupe thousand on the weekend? Oh well gotta help the old man, he would do it for me.
Hope you all have a good one.

Cheers Jake

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Well, it was a great weekend, we made some new mates while "suburban" camping as I call it. If anyone has seen Tidal River at the Prom during peak periods that's suburban camping! Still had a great time and generally everyone was well behaved except Shazza and her crew on the Friday night...

A couple of pics for you all - feel free to share your weekend's pics too!

Friday night (about 2am) - Ruby Scoo with the camper:

A little glider we found in a recycle bin early on Australia day. Jimmy by chance looked in the bin when he thought his coke can moved for longer than it should have. The bin was emptied and up ended to let him out:

The boat doing what it does best - being at speed. Jimmy blew a few cobwebs out while the conditions were still good for some speed:

"Here we go!"

Lining up:

Ruby Scoo pulling the boat out for some much needed attention - can't expect everything from something you leave for 3 years then fire it up and off you go!

Nothing unusual here! And if nothing was needed to be done on the boat I'm sure we'd do a poser shot just to say that we did...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Hehehe - the water police were out. Only checking jetskis. Jimmy was out to charge the battery on the jetski, then got pulled up by these boys who told him to turn it off. They started towing him back in then gave it some, over he went. Great for an embarrassing shot :D

Pretty much the only tonka toy we saw for the weekend. There was a dark green patrol that looked like it should have been in the top gear north pole expedition episode but it still looked like a decent setup that wasn't over the top:

The relatively flat wake from the boat - great to ski behind! Not so good for wake boarding though:

The evening relaxing beside the fire for the night:

Moon rise - fuzzy as I didn't have time to change the ISO settings:

It was a great weekend. Very little sunburn between everyone. And I think we've found a new favourite caravan park to camp in when boating. Jimmy got up on the twins for the first time ever and I have bruised a rib when I stacked off the salom in the choppy stuff. Can't wait to find out if it's just a bruised or a cracked rib - only for bragging rights!

I hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe Australia day (and long weekend)! I must admit that I struggled a little bit at work today, not because of the rib damage either! My work mates got a laugh though...

Cheers

Bennie

Rodeo4jake

Post by Rodeo4jake » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Here's a pic of what we want to Narrabri to get. Not the ute, just got the camper to go on the back.
That's Mt Kaputar np in the back ground. The farmers property was like a dream with the outlook from the Verandah to what is called Sawn Rock. No time to look around though, straight for home & in bed by midnight Saturday. One stop for lunch & fuel at Coonabaranran.

Cheers

MTB92

Post by MTB92 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:55 pm

talked my old man into taking his new car out on some sand... :D i have to say i was quite impressed! Between the two of us we certainly got a few looks :cool:

the subies:
[ATTACH]3839[/ATTACH]

xv trying a hill climb. i actually got the camera out too late, this is on the way back down (where he tried his best to get bogged)
[ATTACH]3840[/ATTACH]

cruising down a dune
[ATTACH]3841[/ATTACH]

and i dont think this bloke had much going on between his ears... he asked us to help, but neither of our cars were pulling that out (maybe tandem snatching? :p ). another new patrol came and pulled him out. the guys that were stuck sat and had a joint and watched everyone else do the work, which is flat out rude in my book.
[ATTACH]3842[/ATTACH]

but all in all a good day!
Attachments
P1010399.jpg
P1010399.jpg (77.54 KiB) Viewed 3071 times
P1010363.jpg
P1010363.jpg (115.47 KiB) Viewed 3070 times
P1010364.jpg
P1010364.jpg (37.92 KiB) Viewed 3070 times
P1010376.jpg
P1010376.jpg (44.19 KiB) Viewed 3069 times

Rodeo4jake

Post by Rodeo4jake » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:46 pm

Ha the people you come across in the great outdoors hey. Cool shots, looks like a top spot there.

Post by 60766244 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:27 pm

Loads of great shots in this thread! All I can say is I was recovering from a massive friday night/saturday morning - Loved it.

Great looking Subis all round! - Love the rooftop camper.
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

Return to “Open Slather”