dietary supplements work 4 you?

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
steptoe
Master Member

dietary supplements work 4 you?

Post by steptoe » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:24 am

Am yet to meet anyone other than a supermodel or other "personalities" that has experienced a benefit from dietary supplements along the vitamins and minerals line of things. Still waiting to meet said established supermodel full stop actually :)

Given this forum has a good selection of people with a common interest and no ( or not much) BS - what is your experience?

I can't say I have ever felt any better,worse or diffrent from the usual vitamin/mineral supplements - other than the entertainment of extra colour and/or aroma of their final journey from my system.

Currently on the 'you must be short of magnesium' run - everybody is.

There may also be a difference between 'short on' and 'deficcient of'.

Now, for every read of this - I expect a reply !!

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:17 am

My Mum is currently taking a product called Nu Skin which is really helping her, she feels a lot better after taking them and can notice the difference if she forgets to take a dose. I am actually considering having a look into it myself.
ImageImageImage
2012 Subaru Forester - 2.0D Premium ~ 2002 Subaru Forester - Limited (Lifted)

Bantum
General Member

Post by Bantum » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:44 pm

I have used these in the past ...

I'm not sure if they did anything, but when I accidently got the wrong supplement for 'aged', I did try it out - made me feel sick ... :(

Cheers, Bantum ...

555Ron

Post by 555Ron » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:22 pm

I didn't want to reply but I felt under duress after reading steptoes idea on the views to post ratio. I never have really bothered with any supplements because I just don't think they do anything. I just try not to eat crap. I feel they are just there to fleece gullible people. All the money I save I put into my Subaru and that makes me feel good...
- Rhys
91 Brumby

Post by 60766244 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:48 pm

I use Neways products. You've gotta sign up, and it's all bought online, over the phone or via fax (godforbid) and I have faith in all their products.

Right from supplements to having toxic-free safe bathroom/skin/kitchen products.

They also make a really good oil additive called Roil.

Been on their stuff for 18 or so years now.

https://www.neways.com.au/

Have a good read up if you're interested. If you're the sales type there's great money making opportunities too. (Mum used to be a distributor, she did alright) But I hate sales, I just love the products. :D
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:47 pm

I only ate vitamin C tablets when I was a kid because they tasted like orange sherbet.

As for all those extra vitamins and ulti-boost nonsense it's all a big gimmick; any doctor will tell you if you eat a healthy varied diet you get enough vitamins and minerals anyway. The $30 a bottle big colorful pills only give you expensive (and brightly coloured, thanks Jonno) piss.

But I've heard those glucosamine tablets actually do something to help achy joints...not that I'd know though, not being old an all :lol:
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:44 pm

I used a lot of "supplements" as a youth, most made me see ninjas on the front lawn and elves in the trees.

glucosamine is good but these days it costs more than it is worth in the scheme of things.

I've found a balanced diet without "supplements" works well. And not eating food made by an evil clown, a mad pizza chef or a crazed colonel helps heaps.

As does regular exercise, even if it is just walking :)

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:14 pm

I feel supplements probably do help, but only when your not getting enough real food or have a deficiency (hopefully diagnosed). As others have mentioned nothing beats a good balanced diet and exercise. How often you eat also plays a role in things.

Example of when I take supplements:
Hiking for more than a day or two. Eating crap food etc - multivitamin.
When flue style sick - Vit C.

But each to their own. Even if they really do nothing, how strong is the value in the belief that they do work. Placebo effect may be worth the money

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Return to “Open Slather”