Site Outage

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
Post Reply
User avatar
Bantum
Senior Member
Posts: 2075
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Territory + QLD
Contact:

Site Outage

Post by Bantum » Thu Apr 09, 2026 11:28 pm

And were back ...

Anybody found out what happened ?

Bantum ...

User avatar
El_Freddo
Master Member
Posts: 12732
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:00 am
Location: Bridgewater Vic
Contact:

Re: Site Outage

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Apr 17, 2026 1:33 am

I contact Subarino whenever I find an issue with the forum as he is my line to Andy T who runs the site. From what I was told it was a hack that took the forum down.

Dunno why they do it or what they get out of it, glad it’s back though!
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
Image
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

User avatar
Bantum
Senior Member
Posts: 2075
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Territory + QLD
Contact:

Back yo future ...

Post by Bantum » Sat Sep 12, 2026 8:59 pm

And were back again ,,,

Seem like theres a determined body wanting our site ...

Xoia, Bantum ...

User avatar
Subyroo
Junior Member
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:00 am
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: Site Outage

Post by Subyroo » Sun Sep 13, 2026 12:28 pm

El_Freddo wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 17, 2026 1:33 am
I contact Subarino whenever I find an issue with the forum as he is my line to Andy T who runs the site.
Is that the only way we can contact Admin when the site is down?
Seems like an old and convoluted process to me. :roll:

User avatar
El_Freddo
Master Member
Posts: 12732
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:00 am
Location: Bridgewater Vic
Contact:

Re: Site Outage

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Sep 13, 2026 5:27 pm

That’s what I know. Otherwise hit him up on bookface.

Glad to see the forum back, and hopefully the new check in with weed out unwanted traffic.

I recently read an article about AI using an old archived forum or something of the like as a message board to communicate between themselves. Dunno what for, probably plotting to erase us to solve global warming…

Anyway, the forum is back!
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
Image
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

User avatar
Subyroo
Junior Member
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:00 am
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: Site Outage

Post by Subyroo » Sun Sep 13, 2026 6:47 pm

I got rid of bookface, as I got sick and tired of trying to weed out the AI crap. :evil: :evil:

User avatar
El_Freddo
Master Member
Posts: 12732
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:00 am
Location: Bridgewater Vic
Contact:

Re: Site Outage

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Sep 13, 2026 7:14 pm

There’s plenty of that around. I’m over the AI slop infiltrating every aspect of online life. YouTube is full of it too. Once it starts looping around on the same info using a monotone voice you can be sure it’s AI generated slop.

Which sucks because there are many ppl out there that don’t know the difference.

I just cleared all the member requests since before the site went down. I’ll be interested to see if the new check slows interest in joining as many requests are just advertisers and scammers trying to divert traffic from the forum to their site…
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
Image
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

User avatar
Bantum
Senior Member
Posts: 2075
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Territory + QLD
Contact:

Hacked ...

Post by Bantum » Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:05 am

I heard that hackers were attempting to take over the site using Ai - dunno for what purpose, but if thats true - its the advancement of smart tech where it seems that we are all doomed if they escape their bounds & consider eliminatering us all ...

Scary future - Bantum ...

User avatar
Subyroo
Junior Member
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:00 am
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: Site Outage

Post by Subyroo » Sun Sep 20, 2026 1:51 pm

Has anybody else been getting a notice saying too many attempts to log in or words to that effect?
Plus I did a check on Down for Everyone or Just Me" and it said the site was suspended. :o :o

User avatar
El_Freddo
Master Member
Posts: 12732
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:00 am
Location: Bridgewater Vic
Contact:

Re: Site Outage

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Sep 20, 2026 2:40 pm

Yep I get that message too Subyroo - I’ve found to avoid it, I click on where I want to go only ONCE, then wait, even if I change my mind I wait for the page I clicked to opens. Then go to where I wanted to. A bit frustrating but I guess bot or AI users move quick through the forum, or there’s some sort of bug/glitch.

Dunno what the suspended message means.
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
Image
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Post Reply

Return to “Open Slather”