CocaCola ZERO

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
MUDRAT

CocaCola ZERO

Post by MUDRAT » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:31 am

Is this not the best stuff in the world?!? Used to be a big Diet Coke drinker, but since having ZERO Diet Coke will never be the same. I just hope it's here to stay.
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

Fang

Post by Fang » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:19 am

I agree Mudrat - I believe Pepsi Max has a tough contender!

stinky

Post by stinky » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:28 am

Yeah I'm pretty happy with it ... although like diet coke I can only drink about a can of it at a time ... unlike real coke which I could drink all the time ... Mind you, thinking about it, it's probably a feature not a bug.

coupe

numbers

Post by coupe » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:55 am

Hi Gang .
When you buy anything with sweetener in it, look at the date numbers on the neck of the bottle.
Always buy the one with the longest date time on it.
This will reduce the problem that nutrasweet has with age causing the production of Formaldehide because they use ethenol to bind the formulation.
Use The Fork Luke

TW83

Post by TW83 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:24 pm

Personally i think it tastes just as bad as all the other diet drinks.
Also watched a docu a few years back that went on about the replacement sweetner giving you a disease that makes you fat. Apparently Coca Cola donates millions each year to the diseases related charity to keep them quiet about the problem. So i'll choose to keep drinking plain old coke.

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:34 pm

I've just bought my first and last bottle of this vile concoction. Whats worse is after my first sip I was so disgusted at the taste that I decided to alter it a bit with a shot of Hennessey VSOP.

Now I've wasted my Hennessey, my initial $2.60 outlay and my time. I wonder if I can sell the rest of it on eBay?
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:05 am

I haven't tried it yet but i find diet coke disgusting

I prefer to stay away from artifical sweeteners cos the sweetener is phenylalanine. And plain old Phenyl is sold as a harsh disenfectant used to clean wheelie bins

I may be way off course with this theory but i stand by it

Gannon
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Fang

Post by Fang » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:13 am

Hehe Gannon - I don't know know if real coke is much better for your guts

Coke Zero is like a compromise between Diet and Normal coke - similar to Pepsi Max

bluesteel

Post by bluesteel » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:21 pm

noooooooooooooo :(

horrible stuff :(

still got that sweetner aftertaste :(

what a waste of money!!

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:13 pm

I'm sorry if anyone wasted their money on this stuff after reading my post - send me an invoice and I'll reimburse you. 8)

I LOVE it, can't get enough. Chemicals and all.
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:07 pm

Coke comes on its own now does it ? Well I'll be a polar bear in a snow storm. I was under the impression it always came with something else in the can with it. You learn something new every day, or so the saying goes.

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:17 pm

I agree that normal coke is prob bad 4 ya guts, but i drink it

the fact that i know phenyl is toxic, and the fact that diet soft drinks taste horriable, i stay away from them.

I love to eat the fat off bacon and pork (its the best part) and many people say it cloggs ya arteries

But i suppose 'each to their own' Im not gonna condone anyone for drinking it, even my girlfriend drinks diet coke :wink:
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:22 pm

Yes, Phenyl is toxic even the several ppb found in a can of CokaCola ZERO, however I'd prefer to ingest that than the quantity of sugar that comes in a can of Coke - not to mention what that sugar's doing to your teeth!!

Sorry don't mean to harp on your case Suparoo - not aiming at you - but it's funny how people get about the so-called toxins found in sweeteners yet don't think twice before having a cigarette or a drag on a joint.

PeeJay

Post by PeeJay » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:56 pm

It's ok because they are using light cigarettes which are healthy! :lol:

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:22 pm

MUDRAT wrote:it's funny how people get about the so-called toxins found in sweeteners yet don't think twice before having a cigarette or a drag on a joint.
I couldn't agree with you more (BTW i dont smoke),.. i live on a dairy farm and am surprised by people who tell us that our milk is fattening and unhealthy, while their overweight kids are eating a packet of chips in the car (true story)

Silly aint it :P

Gannon.

coupe

sucks and blows

Post by coupe » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:51 pm

Im waiting for good friend of mine to finally die from terminal lung
cancer it has spread past any hope :( :( :( :( :( :( :( .
So im of the opinion that if you dont want to have to quit then dont start in the first place....its not rocket science ...
But like everything bad or good in life try moderation and you will, in most cases rarely have any worries :) :) .
Being a Chef in a hospital i get to hear some dozzys every day.
I see the fatties (including me) the thinies,the vegies,the druggies,
and all the nuts in the rainbow :roll: :roll: .
Im told by trained dietians you cant eat this and that and you have to watch that and this...as they eat there bucket of chips or choccy bar :roll:
A really good one is ..Eat more soya it fixes everything including the kitchen sink :wink: ..Too bad that the western gene pool (us) dont have the gene that allows our body to absorb soya so we get the benefit where asian people do 8O ..
Then theres the food techs who can make anything taste and look like
heaven on a plate ..too bad if you become a chemical number in the process. :twisted: :twisted:
Teres only one cure for our ills
.....SEX...lots an lots an lots... :D :D :D :D
and the hell with moderation :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Use The Fork Luke

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:40 pm

Coke zero/diet... an oxymoron. Stupid.

Return to “Open Slather”