Australian Anthem in Islamic

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
El_Freddo
Master Member

Australian Anthem in Islamic

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:30 pm

G'day all.

Dunno how true this is or if anyone else has heard about it. I got this email today from a mate:
National Anthem

I am sorry, but after hearing they want to sing the National Anthem in Arabic - enough is enough.

Nowhere or at no other time in our nation's history, did they sing it in Italian, Japanese, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German, Portuguese, Greek, or any other language because of immigration. It was written in English, and should be sung word for word the way it was written.

The news broadcasts even gave the translation --- not even close.

I am not sorry if this offends anyone, this is MY COUNTRY -- IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP --- please pass this along.

I am not against immigration -- just come in like everyone else. Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the past -- and LONG LIVE Australia !

PART OF THE PROBLEM.

Think about this: If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone ----YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM !!!!

Will we only remain the Country of Choice and still be Australia if we stop the changes being forced on us by the people from other countries who have come to live in Australia, because it is the Country of Choice??

Think about it!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT!!!

It is time for Australians to SPEAK UP!!

If you agree -- pass this along; if you don't agree -- delete it, but don’t you dare whinge later!
I personally don't agree with it and am wondering if the whole thing about what's been said in regards to the idea of some extremists claiming that oz will be an islamic country by 2020 - is this the first step?

Over the top I know, but I thought I'd share anyway as I do enjoy our Australia as it is - just gotta change some vehicle mod laws, taxes and we'd be sweet ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:38 pm

sadly this email has a grain of truth in it

with a large influx of arabic speaking people into Western Australia it was put forward as a solution to ease racial problems in some of the schools here
(my younger brother told me about this 2 years ago)

as i understand it there is no way it is going to happen but having said that

care to sing the NZ national anthem on ANZAC day?

http://www.3news.co.nz/Aussies-to-sing- ... fault.aspx

the Queensland government has made a motion to have this happen

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Looks like its for real, I did get something like this and thought it was a spam/joke...

Not another one I said to myself and I am not being racist...

Kinda had enough tho of whats going on at this moment..
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi Guys, You are very very lucky living in AUS as you have a priminister who appears to want to defend your Country's identity and chosen and established way of life. Here in the UK some of our citys have already been surrendered to immigrants who - due to the suicidal immigration policy's of sucessive UK govenrments have quite literally taken over large swathes of places like Bradford, Blackburn, Luton etc. And have large and growing populations in Towns like Halifax and Huddersfield, Keighley etc etc.
I have no problem with a controlled number of immigrants entering the UK for the betterment of the UK - BUT here we have a flood which is now beyond control, due to the resident nationalised immigrants breeding like rabbits, and being able to marry abroad and return with their new expanded family!!!! Crazy!!!
Add to this the attitude of said immigrants (have you heard about the recent planned march against our fallen troops returned home from Afganistan?) The now (banned) muslim group were prepared to cause unrest and insult to the families of these brave guys. All they will do is rename and regroup.
I really could go on and on about this - but please take the warning, I fear its too late for the UK so ensure that you stick to your controls.
For the record, I am NOT racist in any way - however I am only speaking what the majority of indigineous English people think. I am sure the majority of you Guys may feel the same. Keep your controls in place to keep your identity and freedom.
Rant over.
All the best. Giles.
ps. Anyone know where I can get a COMPLETE air con kit for a Brumby??? Not available in UK at all. But would love to have A/C on my truck. Must be 100% complete. If anyone can help pls get in touch...Thanks!

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:42 pm

ANZAC does stand for the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps, and all they were proposing is teaching people the words to the New Zealand anthem which is already played alongside the Australian one at the Anzac ceremonies they were referring to. They are not suggesting that it would replace singing the Australian one.

I would suggest been carefull about informing yourself on issues on the basis of any sort of internet publication (email, website etc) or even well respected news media. Firstly, what is the context within which they were making this proposal? Who is making? Why are they doing it, and who would it apply to? Who benefits from the sort of reaction that an email like this creates and what is their agenda?

Same goes for the climate debate. Oil reserves, etc. E.g. that email someone posted up a few months ago about that massive oil reserve in America.

The idea that we will be singing the Australian anthem in arabic is absurb, it won't happen and it never will for a list of reasons so long that i won't both mentioning them. It is simply too impractical to even serisouly contemplate it. I imagine that most arabic speaking Australians would also find it odd, considering we don't sing it in any other language. Seems to me like a bit of racist propoganda circulating to generate hate againsts muslims.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Just to make one point about the title of this thread Islam isn't a language it is a religion and a lifestyle like Christianity or Judaism

Arabic is the language used for prayers in the religion of Islam so the title should read the Australian National Anthem in Arabic not that I hope it ever happens

sorry just being a Society and Environment teacher

TOONGA

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:46 pm

As a soldier I have wondered every ANZAC day why there wasn't a Australian and NewZealand national anthem played on ANZAC day. It only fair that we remember the kiwi's who fought alon side us every step of the way.

On the original note, makes me really angry they even suggested it. Make em all speak english.

Hey Giles, I'm sitting 5m from an ex British Parra who tells me that a battalion that has had the freedom of the city to one of the English cities and they are now banned from carrying the ST Georges cross flag for fear of insulting the muslims. How wrong I that?

Cheers

Chris

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:28 am

Chris - That saddens me but doesn't really surprise me. The national and local governments in Britain are now soft to the core and come up with these crazy local by-laws.
Its about time we took a long hard look at what we stand for and use the Aussie national model here. You may be surprised to hear that its very rare to see either a Union flag or the St Georges Flag flying here !!! In Scotland they fly their flag in abundance !
I think our power centres have become too diluted by immigrants - example, my local authority(Halifax) and that of the 2 nearest (Huddersfield and Bradford) have immigrant muslim leaders/mayors!!! They then can dictate and control from within from a position of strength.
DONT LET IT HAPPEN IN AUSTRAILIA. BE FAIR - BUT FIRM.
Celebrate together your AUS and NZ troops sacrifices... maybe we all should all now stick together in this strange world we now find ourselves in.....
All the best!
Giles.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:44 am

Our countries and our languages continue to evolve, we are witnessing some quick or noticeable bits of that evolution

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:56 am

1111giles wrote:Chris - That saddens me but doesn't really surprise me. The national and local governments in Britain are now soft to the core and come up with these crazy local by-laws.
Its about time we took a long hard look at what we stand for and use the Aussie national model here. You may be surprised to hear that its very rare to see either a Union flag or the St Georges Flag flying here !!! In Scotland they fly their flag in abundance !
I think our power centres have become too diluted by immigrants - example, my local authority(Halifax) and that of the 2 nearest (Huddersfield and Bradford) have immigrant muslim leaders/mayors!!! They then can dictate and control from within from a position of strength.
DONT LET IT HAPPEN IN AUSTRAILIA. BE FAIR - BUT FIRM.
Celebrate together your AUS and NZ troops sacrifices... maybe we all should all now stick together in this strange world we now find ourselves in.....
All the best!
Giles.
Now, that is a creative and wonderful view :rolleyes:

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:34 pm

Giles I am told in MANY counties it is in fact Illegal to fly even the Union Jack in the window of your own house. The police will come and force you to remove it!

Have fun trying that here.

Cheers

Chris

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Phew!!! Heavy thread..I'm going back to watch TV.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:27 pm

subybrumby wrote:Phew!!! Heavy thread..I'm going back to watch TV.
Yep not wrong there

sadly as a first generation Muslim (yep don't hold it against me please) I was born in WA 44 years ago and became a Muslim for many reasons none to do with terrorism or hardline tactics

the Islamic community in nearly every country Ive been to or lived in, has done little to nothing to distance themselves from the bloodshed and terrorism.

It embarrasses the crap out of me when extremists and hardliners make a stand that has nothing at all to do with Islam.

the Australian National Anthem will always be sung in its native tongue and I hope it always is.

my rant over

TOONGA

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Damn right! When they start singing there (muslim, etc) national anthem in english then we should think about singing ours in there language. They live australia deal with customs and traditions, either put up or shut up. Total agree with TOONGA! Every one has there own beliefs and should be able to follow them inside the law and with out forcing it on others. If they don't like it their are free to leave Australia and never come back!!! I bet they couldn't even get away with them saying that in their own country.. That's my 2 cents worth anyway!
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:05 am

lovey80 wrote:Giles I am told in MANY counties it is in fact Illegal to fly even the Union Jack in the window of your own house. The police will come and force you to remove it!

Have fun trying that here.

Cheers

Chris
Id love to see the Police try to do this on some of the more .... shall we say....rougher housing estates in England !!! ( I drove down a tough estate a couple months back in South Leeds even the women look as hard as Bollocks!) - I do recall hearing something about this sometime back. Crazy!

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:22 am

TOONGA wrote:Yep not wrong there

sadly as a first generation Muslim (yep don't hold it against me please) I was born in WA 44 years ago and became a Muslim for many reasons none to do with terrorism or hardline tactics

the Islamic community in nearly every country Ive been to or lived in, has done little to nothing to distance themselves from the bloodshed and terrorism.

It embarrasses the crap out of me when extremists and hardliners make a stand that has nothing at all to do with Islam.

the Australian National Anthem will always be sung in its native tongue and I hope it always is.

my rant over

TOONGA
Hey Toonga no probs with ya !!
I have many good friends who are 'Genuine' Muslims and are very good people.
I actually think that the word Muslim has now itself been hijacked by the extremists.
We should in fact call these extremists by a completely different name (maybe something like...bigoted murderers) - that would not only wee wee them off, but disconnect them from the moderate muslims who simply wish to live their lives in peace and harmony.
We can all be accused of not doing anything to stop or say 'NO' to whats going on around us. Thats why we are all really the same.
Cheers
Giles.

Subaman

Post by Subaman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Acording to our government Australians want Australia to be a multicultural country - I am Australian, and I dont ever recall being asked.

Personally , I dont care who comes to live here, just leave your violence at home ,obey our laws and respect our ways.

Cheers
Grant

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Subaman wrote:Acording to our government Australians want Australia to be a multicultural country - I am Australian, and I dont ever recall being asked.

Personally , I dont care who comes to live here, just leave your violence at home ,obey our laws and respect our ways.
Well said!

This is an interesting thread - I didn't start it to offend anyone, just to see if anyone else has heard more about the content of the email.

Interesting read - and I'm sorry to hear what has happened to your neighbourhood Giles. I doubt I'd have that "problem" where I live as people who migrate over here tend to settle in their native community that sets up in one of the suburbs - I'm in the sticks...

Interesting to hear that Toonga, thanks for sharing mate!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rob83ke70

Post by rob83ke70 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:44 pm

geez.... getting me all stirred up!

people are people - some are nice, some are absolute arseholes and a waste of space. doesn't matter what you look like, where you come from, or what language you speak. I don't care if people can't speak english. I don't car if people dress different or look different. I just really really wish that we'd all accept people for who they are! Australia is *supposed* to be multicultural, so we shouldn't have a "way of life" a "language" or any of that stuff - its all being made up my racist extremists trying to keep australia "white" or some such rubbish.

The great australian myth of the "fair go" normally gets my blood boiling - as if everyone gets a fair go!!! I've seen too much racism and people being arseholes....

my former employer reckoned "indians are the scourge of the earth" and his son reckoned that "we should kill all asians" and that "they should f*** back off to where they came from" - no objections from his dad (I worked with both of them together). - absolutely disgusting!

I'm white anglo saxon english speaking "australian" and getting more and more ashamed to be so.

as far as the original topic of the australian anthem being sung in arabic - not "islamic" - that is a reference to religion not language! - its probably a load of crap. I see emails and things floating around like that and its started by white extremists to promote racism.

I can't possibly say how sad/ashamed/disturbed all of this makes me feel. The thing that I love most about australia is that it is multicultural!

anyway I've said my piece and everybody is entitled to their own opinions.

Robert.

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 am

i dont care if this is seen as racist or whatever but...

the story the other day on the news about that woman wearing the full head piece whilst driving, doing something illegal(cant remember what) and getting pulled over. She would not remove the full head vail for the officer to identify her. THIS IS JUST REDICULOUS. They should not be allowed to drive in this horrid thing from a safety perspective. Then the cop got accused of being racist bla bla bla. Seriously piss off, this hits a serious nerve in me.

We(australians) are expected to respect immigrants cultures and stuff, but its a two way street, respect our culture, its a privelidge to be living in australia, not a right. We are one of the most multicultural countries in the world and we still get hammered.

Im not afraid to say this because its true, there are areas around perth wigh high numbers of Africans and they are turning those previously nice and respected areas into the third world country they came from. Im willing to give them a shot but seriously show some respect for our culture and our way of life and at least try and take a small part of this on board. Probably speaking english is the biggest one for me. What if they needed assistance from police or ambulance or something and there was no way for them to communicate with emergency services.

now go listen to kevin bloody wilson and get your okka on. I know i am!

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Return to “Open Slather”