how dodge is this....

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
Alex
Elder Member

how dodge is this....

Post by Alex » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:42 pm

so, looking thru the paper on the weekend, found a BMW M3 e46 (2004)

the asking price is only $14,300!! wow, cos they are still worth 50-60k

the paper add only had an email address, so out of curiousity i flicked him a quick email asking for pics and if the price was correct.

This was the reply...

RE: M3‏
Sent: Tuesday, 15 June 2010 12:00:53 PM
To: [email]@hotmail.com[/email]

Thank you for the interest showed in my car, and sorry for the late reply but I have just moved to New Zealand with my job. Don't worry though, the car is still there in Australia, stored at a transport company in NT. This car was left to me in my uncle's will, and to be honest I never owned a car before and I don't even have a driver license, but I can assure you it runs as great as it looks, my uncle was all about his car, took great care of it. The price I am asking is $14.300 and it includes shipping anywhere in Australia. Because of this situation, me being in NZ, I have made special arrangements that allow me to sell the car there without me being present, so if you are still interested in it please email me back so I can explain to you how can this be done without me being there, safely for both of us.
This is a link with more pics of the car:
2004 BMW M3 E46:

http://s1022.photobucket.com/albums/af348/cruzeron/

Cheers

PS: please get back to me soon as I have 3 other people verry interested!

Okay i know its a scam, its perfectly obvious, the album has had almost 800views on photobucket, the fact that it was advertised in a wa paper, has nsw plates on it and its stored in nt.

Heard of this before, just find it bloody funny!

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:21 pm

looks like a really good buy right up there with that land offer the nice Nigerian man sent me the other day, did he ask for your bank account details and security pin the nice man in Nigeria did ......soon I shall be an oil baron

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Toyaru

Post by Toyaru » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:25 pm

I guess if the guys from NZ though, they may not be worth as much over there,
most of their imports at this age are quite cheap! even beemers...

The trick is how to pay the money and be sure to receive the car at the same time!!

dibs

Post by dibs » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:29 pm

we get scamers all the time trying to get us to pay for adds that dont exist 500 bucks a go and there from the gold coast. 1 the other day said my acount was 2 mths over due hehe .i ask them for my password and throw em a heap of shit abot who they are . theres a scamers sit on the internet have a look just for fun.

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:39 pm

dibs wrote:we get scamers all the time trying to get us to pay for adds that dont exist 500 bucks a go and there from the gold coast. 1 the other day said my acount was 2 mths over due hehe .i ask them for my password and throw em a heap of shit abot who they are . theres a scamers sit on the internet have a look just for fun.

dibs
yeah im going to play them abit haha. See what happens

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)

previously

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:30 pm

Not first time this has happened... sick of bogus ads out there..
I called one guy on H6 Gen 3 Outback about 3 months ago, was selling for $8000 but Ive seen this outback in Geelong, he wanted $8000 for it and he was overseas... get the drift?
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Yeah it seems pretty common now.
It also happens to people selling cars too - someone contacts them from overseas and tries to get them to "activate an account" by making a small deposit so they can pay you for your car. Seems pretty brazen putting something in the paper!

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:56 pm

Mate..its red hot..can see the smoke from here..don't touch the thing..the photos would be of some poor bastard car that was advertised somewhere else..and dibs, I ran into that false add scam when I was in business in Longreach twenty years ago...You're right..you just gotta call their bluff.
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:18 pm

so replied email (im just playing guys) even though its all probably computer generated but meh im having fun.

i feel sorry for the poor bastards that actually fall for this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: cruzer.on@live.com.au
Subject: RE: M3
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:48:59 +0800

so whats the go? I will be in the NT for afew days for work at the end of this week. Is it possible to have a look?

thanks

alex

________

Sent: Wednesday, 16 June 2010 11:24:57 AM
To: [email]@hotmail.com[/email]

Before leaving Australia I have prearranged the deal with Clickandbuy http://www.clickandbuy.com, so that there will be no need for me to be there!
I will need your full name, shipping address and phone number so I can register the transaction with Clickandbuy, after that they will contact you with the payment details. You will make a 50% deposit directly to Clickandbuy and they will hold the money secure until you receive and inspect the car for 5 days. The shipping will start right after Clickandbuy will receive your deposit, and it is paid by me! If you decide that after inspecting it you want to return it, than they will ship it back without any expenses for you and they will refund your money in 24h, but if you decide to keep it than the money will be transferred to me and you will have to pay the rest of the balance.
I am waiting for a quick response since I have 2 other people very interested in the car as well
cheers
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)

previously

brumbybear

Post by brumbybear » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Hmm there has to be a way to scam the scammers lol a bit of payback would be funny to see lol
Im looking for a cheap second hand 2-4" lift kit for my brumby... if u have one pm me plz

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:52 pm

im pretty sure its 419 eater or somthing
its a load of people scamming the scammers
some of it is pretty good really.

best i heard of was some nigerian guy who wanted to give my mates dad some money, but as his wife owns everything he doesnt have a bank account and required a deposit of 70$ to open it, (this was my mates dad telling the nigerian) so the nigeran sent him 70$ to open the account, and then he would put millions of dollars into it.
well he got his 70$ the nigeran got nothing.

dibs

Post by dibs » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:38 pm

i got an idea but i want to talk to the scam cops i recon i could con one of em i recon 1 that got me would love cash

hehehe

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:23 pm

yeah
give him some shit about needing money sent in a brown paper bag to fix your car to get to the bank???

justin35

Post by justin35 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:21 pm

have had the same thing and others similar every time i advertise,they either wont you to pay into their western union account(that one was good....they say they payed money into your paypal account and even send a fake email from paypall with paypall asking that you need to pay a shipping fee of $800 into his western union account then they release your money from paypal,,,all a scam) and send emails to your account to try and hack your comp for details,,i lead him on to get his western union account details as they need to be correct for them to collect the money then reported it all and sent all emails to the company i was advertising thru(at there request)best one was a late model hsv commodore advertised on gumtree mint cond for $4000 he said same thing i pay him and shipping company will deliver to me,,emailed him back that i have reported it to the australian fraud investigation ,,,,he stopped emailing me and pulled his ad straight away...i know there scams but those poor people who dont think and get ripped..

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:09 pm

Interesting. I've never come across something like this. Love your work alex. My house mates found it interesting too. Wish there was an easy way to scam the scammers as others have already said.

They really do sound too good to be true - but a 50% deposit??? They're crazy! But at that "price" I guess there are people out there that are willing pay that amount!

I'll be keeping a closer eye out now!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:29 am

wow it just gets better. They actually attached an actual rev form thing from the queensland government. So now, the add was placed in a WA paper, the car has NSW plates on it, its got a QLD rev form and its stored in NT...LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: cruzer.on@live.com.au
Subject: RE: M3
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:26:06 +0800

I will be making no deposits until i see the car. I would also like VIN numbers and motor number to do a revs check.

Sent: Thursday, 17 June 2010 12:32:02 AM
To: @hotmail.com
1 attachment
RRS988968...pdf (76.5 KB)

It is stored at http://www.LH-Cargo.com.au.tt ! The person that wants to see it, must have a reservation first, made by me, the owner of the car, and also, he will have to pay for packing and unpacking the car, wich is now sealed in a cargo container.If someone decides to see it, let me know!
Also, if by the time you decide to go see it, someone else decides to pay the deposit to Clickandbuy and book it, than you must know I will not waste the oportunity, and I do have 3 other people verry interested! Remember also you'll have 5 days to inspect it anyway...

Let me know your decision

PS: I have attacjed the REVS for you to see
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)

previously

brumbybear

Post by brumbybear » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:56 am

damn dont they realise how stupid it all looks advertised in WA , regd in NSW , stored in NT and a revs check from QLD....... next its either sumfing from SA , TAS or ACT..... which one??? lmao ... my money is on SA lol
Im looking for a cheap second hand 2-4" lift kit for my brumby... if u have one pm me plz

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:54 am

who ever is running this scam comes from somewhere in the English as second language world.

how do I know? too many years of ESL teaching, this person is making the same gramatical errors most of my students make in an intermediate or avanced class.

I love the way it has gone from 3 people interested to 2 now 3 again

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:54 pm

hmm
id phone the company and let them know somones using them in a scam

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:55 pm

Toongas right...the phrasing is from somewhere else..reminds me a little bit of the wording in the nigerian scams a bit..but definitely off shore I would bet.
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Open Slather”