time for a mystery item

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
maxxair

Post by maxxair » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:41 pm

if he goes pink, and stops kicking, yup, she's hot???? redclaw temp sensor lol

or give him some blutac and send him in when its cold???
Cheers, Rohan M.

Gravity.. PAH!! Watch this.:twisted:

http://www.BERSERKARU.com <For All Berserk Subarus<

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 pm

sven '2' wrote:...tell me more how this tasty crustacean will assist? Can you eat them afterwards?

Hmmmmm...yabbies
lol chook pellets also fed to yabbies

mind you once a yabbie went through the water pump it would be in small enough bits to stop the leak

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Can you keep yabbies in your radiator with chook pellets?

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:23 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Can you keep yabbies in your radiator with chook pellets?

Bennie
just out of curiosity Bennie what colour mountain mushrooms have you been eating ?

and Mr Steptoe how did you mystery block hold up?

pm sent

TOONGA

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:13 pm

TOONGA wrote:just out of curiosity Bennie what colour mountain mushrooms have you been eating ?
I wish mate! I've not seen any mushrooms kicking around the ski slopes and no one has offered me any either :evil:

I was in a jovial mood that night - all that talk of yabbies and radiators... good times ;)

Steptoe might be walking home so I wouldn't hold your breath while you wait for a reply to the PM :twisted:

Jokes

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:45 am

3.43am and I have been for a walk but not due to the black cube failing - so far so good, yet very careful not to jinx myself as I already did that last night in the work car and needed a new gas solenoid, which happened to be in my boot :)

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:45 pm

ok Ive narrowed down the place of origin for super seal to New Zealand but getting it out of the country is another matter

However I did manage to find silver seal (from the US since 1928) locally at 5 dollars for a little tube

Ive flushed my system followed the instructions and now it is a case of wait and see

TOONGA

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:36 am

Oh, didn't I come back in here to say I had been told it was made in USA ?

Got silver seal in each car for radiator repairs but not thought of trying it for the heads or whatever. It has been great for many a radiator.

The deal with chem-i-weld and super seal is that you need to run engine at hotter than normal op temp to get it to work. With chemiweld you must keep water system full or any air space and heat will block radiator tubes as advised by GUD tech dudes even though it says it won't block radiators - it won't if you keep water up to it. If you blow steam like I was you'd struggle to keep water full. I was thinking of using a disposable radiator for the job. The chemiweld stays on the shelf.

phillatdarwin

Post by phillatdarwin » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:58 pm

i had my blowing steam when the cops pull me over last week so funny the coper looking around the car and talking on his radio and the car starts to blow off and he go she looks a bit hot and i say it likes to run hot all the time
now fixed with some power stuff i buy from a shop that wear i work get all there battery of and it works better then all the rest it blocked all the head problems i have had for i think 4 times
my car is dieing a very slow death ..last time i steamed it take like 6 liters of water after cool down

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:54 am

Gees phil, if it took near 6 litres it must have been dry, 5.5 litres is supposed to be capacity, any clue as to the name of the power stuff you used. Copper pull you over for anything other than steam or just to admire your beast?

phillatdarwin

Post by phillatdarwin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:19 am

the cops stop me for a RBT and all the shit .. and when i turn it off it was steaming it head off
i will get the name of it next week when am in the area that sell it it very good stuff for a temp fix .. fixed all the hose leaks. i have a head cracked on the right hand side have been driving the car for like 2 years now and it will not die or give up . been hot lots i have lost count ..
when i buy the car i did a presser test and the 2 back pots wear only making 40psi and the front one wear 160psi .. but it not getting slower still runs like the day i buy her rugh but when u get some rpm in it runs good still get 9km to the liter i run on fuel that every one on hear not like it .But if u tune to run on it all the time it ok ..
I want to try to get some work done on my RX very soon and get it on the road as i think it will be a nice car to drive as well with power then i can rebuild the old girl .. may be a re power with some thing like a hot ea81 as i can get my hands on some chep that need a rebuild .. a nice rebuild with a heir drier bolted to it wood be nicer then a turbo more hp faster

Return to “Open Slather”