Queensland members

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
olddog642

Queensland members

Post by olddog642 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:49 pm

G'day fellow members,
just wondering if anybody has heard how are the Queensland members fairing after the drama of the past couple of weeks.
Hylton:twisted:

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:26 am

i think most of us are ok!! i dont know anyone directly that has been affected by any flooding, i know we have a few members in townsville so i hope they are fairing ok!!
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:57 am

I can fairly confidently saying we are all ok.... Cyclone Anthony now tropically low went through bowen. There is only a report of one house roof lost and trees, etc down and some other minor house damage. We only got some drissle this morning, nothing else....

However the real problem is Yasi is heading our way, it is a Cat 4 at the moment and looking like it could intensify! But we live in NQLD you have to be prepared for it! And it may have cyclones but the 340 days of sunshine a year sure make up for it.. :P

But thanks for the concern. :)
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:15 pm

Mate. Yasi looks bad...all you fellas up there in the north hang on tight..its gonna get rough and you take care...all the best and good luck.
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:24 am

Yasi is looking bad, heading towards Cairns now...
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:19 pm

It is going to be a wild ride, lol! The crazy winds have started already! And the Yasi lines up with a high tide... Luckily i have a bit of height on my house. :)
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Matt wrote:It is going to be a wild ride, lol! The crazy winds have started already! And the Yasi lines up with a high tide... Luckily i have a bit of height on my house. :)
Best of luck!

Don't forget to try and take some pics/video, you'd be surprised what you'll catch and how you will value that in the coming years...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Camera Fully charged and ready to go.. and Waterproof to boot... :)
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

rubisubi

Post by rubisubi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:35 pm

I'd be loading up the subi and heading for the hills ;)

FROG
General Member

Post by FROG » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:42 pm

good luck fellas
keep your heads down
ImageImageImageImageImage
GRAB THE VIN FROM DONOR VEHICLES
AUSubaru member specials
Brumby EA81 Oil Pump kit (4 x 'o'rings + gasket) posted Australia wide $22!
Brumby sloppy shifter bush kit $44 posted
email me
http://www.domsmotors.com.au
NOW DISTRIBUTING FOR SUBAXTREME BASH PLATES, NUDGE AND BULLBARS

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:08 am

Just an update, still no power for most of townsville. Water is now all sorted. :) and i had a death in the family barry the barry passed away yesterday due to lack of oxygen thanks to no power. But the ergon guys have been working flat out. I swear ever second car is one of theses. :) and they have another 100 people starting this morning. :) but most importantly most of the pubs are back open and operational! Typical north qld! Got their priorties right! Lol! :)
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:43 am

good to see everything is getting back on track.

the reason the pubs get opened up so quickly after a disaster is so people have a network where they can talk freely with little fear of being mocked for having emotions, and once the amber fluid flows it is way easier to talk someone into repairing 90 kilometres of broken fencing :)

TOONGA

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Return to “Open Slather”