Osama Bin Laden Dead !!

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
RSR 555
Elder Member

Osama Bin Laden Dead !!

Post by RSR 555 » Mon May 02, 2011 5:46 pm

Just heard it today in the car on the 11am news.. man that's good news for the troops overseas.. hope it wont be too long before they can come home.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

FROG
General Member

Post by FROG » Mon May 02, 2011 6:16 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Just heard it today in the car on the 11am news.. man that's good news for the troops overseas.. hope it wont be too long before they can come home.
Hell yeah
That took way too long
ImageImageImageImageImage
GRAB THE VIN FROM DONOR VEHICLES
AUSubaru member specials
Brumby EA81 Oil Pump kit (4 x 'o'rings + gasket) posted Australia wide $22!
Brumby sloppy shifter bush kit $44 posted
email me
http://www.domsmotors.com.au
NOW DISTRIBUTING FOR SUBAXTREME BASH PLATES, NUDGE AND BULLBARS

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Mon May 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Couldn't quite believe it myself. Apparently it happened a couple of weeks ago and they were just confirming it was him?

But Gillard herself said it pretty much wouldn't affect our role in Afghanistan, it will probably even make Al Queda even more violent and vengeful :(
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

skrewd

Post by skrewd » Mon May 02, 2011 6:30 pm

So why would they bury his body out in the sea where it will never be seen again.?? Thats what i dont get, Wouldnt you think they would've of paraded him through the streets of America in an open coffin for all to spit at.??

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon May 02, 2011 6:44 pm

One less dude to celebrate on the 10th of March

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Mon May 02, 2011 7:26 pm

skrewd wrote:So why would they bury his body out in the sea where it will never be seen again.?? Thats what i dont get, Wouldnt you think they would've of paraded him through the streets of America in an open coffin for all to spit at.??
1. So it would be harder for his followers to obtain his body and worship his remains.

2. his body by Islamic rites (even though his actions have nothing to do with Islam) should've been buried before the next prayer cycle. so he could be re-united with his soul, by disposing of him the way he will be disembodied for eternity.

3. Parading him through the streets of America invites more terrorists to "jihad" (even if it is the wrong usage of the word) in the name of his cause

Im just glad he is dead

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Tue May 03, 2011 12:45 am

i doubt that'l help bring the troops back, but glad to hear he is no longer.

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Tue May 03, 2011 9:55 am

hide and seek champion?
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Tue May 03, 2011 9:56 am

His epitaph should read:
Herein lies Osama Bin Ladin
Hide-and-go-seek Champion, 2001-2011
Glad he's gone, but how its going to affect the war of terror, i mean on terror, I mean terrorists, I mean the world, oh wait I mean on Islam, oh bugger... what are fighting again?

It seems a lightly hollow achievement though... a friend's facebook status this morning:
‎"Joyfully celebrating the killing of a killer, who joyfully celebrated killing, carries an irony that I hope will not be lost on us" --Brian McLaren. Cheering the death of my enemies says as much about me as it does of my enemies. I truly hope we all are praying for peace.
My prayers are with our forces in Afghanistan.

Owen.
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Tue May 03, 2011 9:58 am

Alex wrote:hide and seek champion?
Damn you alex, you stole my thunder.

Whoever found him must have dominated at Where's Wally as a kid.
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue May 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Ah whatever. I really think it was a pointless pursuit. America has killed more of their own trying to find this fella than this fella killed in the september 11 attacks.

The irony lies in the fact that america put this guy where he was in the first place.

This could be a long shot - but it could be the start of WW3 if the terrorist acts weren't the beginning... Apparently it was good for the US on the stock market - go figure! Maybe the sale of black market weapons has just increased...

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue May 03, 2011 5:38 pm

skrewd wrote:So why would they bury his body out in the sea where it will never be seen again.?? Thats what i dont get, Wouldnt you think they would've of paraded him through the streets of America in an open coffin for all to spit at.??
Yeah I'm suss on this one as well. And I find it sad that there are people out there en-mass publicly celebrating his dead - I thought we'd left the dark ages in the dark ages. I also think its a shame on humanity that our world leaders are also celebrating his death, regardless of how it happened.
TOONGA wrote:1. So it would be harder for his followers to obtain his body and worship his remains.

2. his body by Islamic rites (even though his actions have nothing to do with Islam) should've been buried before the next prayer cycle. so he could be re-united with his soul, by disposing of him the way he will be disembodied for eternity.

3. Parading him through the streets of America invites more terrorists to "jihad" (even if it is the wrong usage of the word) in the name of his cause
The second point just makes this some sort of religious war on both sides, although most worshippers of islam would not agree with what he did/does, unfortunately they seem to have been painted with the same brush by the west.

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Tue May 03, 2011 5:42 pm

Alex wrote:hide and seek champion?
LOL Alex I was going to post this yesterday

but I got side tracked with my other response

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Tue May 03, 2011 7:46 pm

El_Freddo wrote:I find it sad that there are people out there en-mass publicly celebrating his dead - I thought we'd left the dark ages in the dark ages. I also think its a shame on humanity that our world leaders are also celebrating his death, regardless of how it happened.
+1 my friend. As I said on another forum, this is turning out to be just the continuation of the hate cycle: There will be retaliation, which will lead to another man-hunt, then some more retaliation, more man-hunt... You get the gist.

Cheers,
Pedro.

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

Mr Top Hat

Post by Mr Top Hat » Tue May 03, 2011 9:14 pm

i don't think hes dead i think Obama used this to distract everyone from accusations that he wasn't born in America.

no dna tests or anything (they were going to but somehow didnt) this whole story is suss

the us government is trying prove that the deaths of thousands of people over there was worth it.
1990 L series wagon Ej22

i didn't realize this image was so large :-O

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:13 am

El_Freddo wrote:Ah whatever. I really think it was a pointless pursuit. America has killed more of their own trying to find this fella than this fella killed in the september 11 attacks.

Bennie
Really?? more than 3000 soldiers is hard to believe but even if 1 person was killed that is one more than needs to be but you have to remember the families and friends of all those lives lost in 911 need to know that their lives meant something and for America not to do anything would open the flood gates for other extremists. I know I wouldn't stop hounding the Australian Govt if some wacko killed any members of my family.
El_Freddo wrote:Yeah I'm suss on this one as well. And I find it sad that there are people out there en-mass publicly celebrating his dead - I thought we'd left the dark ages in the dark ages. I also think its a shame on humanity that our world leaders are also celebrating his death, regardless of how it happened.

Bennie
pezimm wrote:+1 my friend. As I said on another forum, this is turning out to be just the continuation of the hate cycle: There will be retaliation, which will lead to another man-hunt, then some more retaliation, more man-hunt... You get the gist.

Cheers,
Pedro.
You would be happy to if you heard justice was done on the killer of your family member.

War is the worst ever kind of retaliation that we should ever come to but these people like Osama need to know that the world leaders wont stand for this shit.

I'm sorry if this upsets people but these are just my views ;)

Mrs Gillard please listen to Mr Bob Brown and bring are troops home
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Wed May 04, 2011 12:04 pm

I think the number of american soldiers killed in the "war on terror" even after Bush's "missiona accomplished" speech has been over 4300 so far.
heh, but this 1 person (Osama) was just a very tiny part of what this war is about anyway.
I guess, for people who think he was the only reason, then I think the figures are roughly 10 years, 919,967 deaths (including local civilians etc) and $1,188,263,000,000 that it cost to get him - worth it?
Give it another week and all the media/internet sensationalism will dull down.

At least Obama's speech was short and sweet;
http://i.imgur.com/IDsF2.gif

Return to “Open Slather”