booze bus 0.049 stuff

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
steptoe
Master Member

booze bus 0.049 stuff

Post by steptoe » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Little wonder there is confusion on blood alcohol content readings when speed limits are for an example 100 kph and posted as 100 and that is the maximum speed you may legally do, go over and that is where you commit an offence

, whereas with blood or is it breath ? BAC in NSW at least the 0.05 is described as the limit (if I can quote an RBT police officer tonight on WINs RBT show)
As we may have learned before on these shows the allowable limit for full licences with no restrictions BAC limit is actually 0.49, hit 0.50 and you are gone !

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Yeah it's the same in Victoria as well. Blow 0.049 and you're all good, but if you blow the majic 0.05 you're done for! They changed it a number of years ago now as they found there were many people blowing 0.05 and they reckoned they weren't getting the message!

0.05 Blood Alcohol LIMIT my arse!

It won't be much longer before it's 0.0 BAC anyway...

Jonno, it's a breath test that indicates Blood Alcohol Content ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

justincase41

Post by justincase41 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:16 pm

It can be blood alcohol content if said drink driver desides that the road side test (Test done on the drager unit in the back of the booze bus or back at the Police station) is incorrect and wants a trip to the hospital for a blood test. The blood test is analysed and that is the test that procedings are commenced if it exeeds 0.049. It used to be Blood alcohol content when you blew on the road side but legislation ect changed and became breath alcohol content
Current :
1992 Brumby (Future EJ20 Conversion)
2007 Toyota Prado 120
2012 Great Wall V200 (daily driver)
1997 Subaru Outback
1999 Toyota Surf (Beach Basher)
Past:
To Many to list!

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:51 pm

As I remember .05 which is actually .05 of a per cent, is 50milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood. Highest guy I ever arrested was .327 which was taken from a specimen of blood by a doctor which is more accurate. Breathalysers in Queensland used to give a certificate to two decimal places but a blood specimen from the govt lab always came back at three decimal places and was extremely accurate. Incidently he was driving a semi loaded with steel and was double parked outside a pub.

The body as I was led to understand, tries to get rid of alcohol and does it in a number of ways. Urine is the way we all think of but the blood capilaries in the lungs release alcohol into the airway and when a specimen of breath is measured is a direct relationship of the concentration of alcohol in your system and not reading whats in your mouth or stomach (why tic tacs don't work). That is why Police always ask you when you had your last drink so they are sure that the reading will be correct and not have any residual alcohol in your mouth that would give a false reading. Incidently, on the way to the police station and waiting for the breathalyser, you usually find that the blood alcohol concentration in your body will continue to rise as you are absorbing the residual alcohol in your stomach. So your reading will be probably higher somewhat than when they first pulled you over.

Just thought I would mention it from an ex Police Sergeant...Happy New year
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:31 am

El_Freddo wrote: It won't be much longer before it's 0.0 BAC anyway...
Bennie
Truck drivers are 0.0 so i just don't drink the night before i go to work

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:11 am

Think all transport , public, freight, etc are ZERO now so even a coupla piesces of raisin toast can have you treated like a criminal.
Trevor must be glad he is not back in his old job, working tonight :)

Hyperventilation used to be a trick used by , let's say, medical staff , for RBT test pass :D

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:07 pm

steptoe wrote:Think all transport , public, freight, etc are ZERO now so even a coupla piesces of raisin toast can have you treated like a criminal.
Trevor must be glad he is not back in his old job, working tonight :)

Hyperventilation used to be a trick used by , let's say, medical staff , for RBT test pass :D
Raisin toast? hahaha :mrgreen:

Imagine pleading your case before the judge..."it was only raisin toast Your Honour!" :rolleyes:
yarney wrote:Truck drivers are 0.0 so i just don't drink the night before i go to work

Jan
Excellent attitude, I just wish more truck drivers were like you. I also wish more car drivers wouldnt have "one for the road"! :(
subybrumby wrote:As I remember .05 which is actually .05 of a per cent, is 50milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood. Highest guy I ever arrested was .327 which was taken from a specimen of blood by a doctor which is more accurate. Breathalysers in Queensland used to give a certificate to two decimal places but a blood specimen from the govt lab always came back at three decimal places and was extremely accurate. Incidently he was driving a semi loaded with steel and was double parked outside a pub.

Just thought I would mention it from an ex Police Sergeant...Happy New year
Are you serious?! I hope he never drove a truck again...or a car or even a push bike with training wheels!!! :mad:

So you're the Mr.Plod mentioned on these pages lol :cool:

A happy & safe New Year to you all :mrgreen:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:20 pm

Ah yes the perils of false positives.

listerine is another one to give a false positive, mostly because it is nearly all ethanol.

Having attended a fatality and numerous other serious accidents, I believe 0.0 - 0.02 to be the best solution to making a dent on drink driving (it will never stop drink drivers)

The best way would be an in car breathalyser that stops the car from being driven when alcohol levels get above 0.02 in the car.

do I care to impliment any of these changes... nope, why even if these changes were made people would find a way around them and still drink drive.

do we need to get into the very grey area of people driving under the influence of drugs as well?

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:44 pm

nachaluva wrote:Raisin toast? hahaha :mrgreen:

Imagine pleading your case before the judge..."it was only raisin toast Your Honour!" :rolleyes:

I know a guy in Townsville who got pulled over for being over the limit and he hadn't put a bit of alcohol anywhere near his mouth or stomach, he was on his way home from work and had just finished lacquering the local bowling lanes. He had a hard time trying to convince the cops that he had not been drinking, he even offered to take a blood test to prove his point.
Peter

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi Nachaluva, the driver of the truck had started in the morning at Toowoomba and went via Oakey, Cooyar, Maidenwell, Yarraman and then we got him at Nanango. It took him all day to get that far soaking it up at all the pubs in between. I got the phone call at home because he was double parked outside a pub in the Main street of Nanango where I was stationed. When I got down there he was just moving off and heading for Goomeri. Who knows what may have happened if he had continued into the night. Could have wiped out a whole family. I went back later and drove the semi back to the Police station and remember that quite vividly because I had never driven a semi before.

And steptoe yes, I used to have to work every new years eve....remember the kiss a cop campaign...the theory was that the girls would kiss a cop at 12 and there would be inevitably no fights or vandalism if the focus was changed to kissing a cop. Eventually the police complained about it as it got out of hand and big fat ugly chicks would line up with a bit of tongue...a lot of the guys were family men and bailed out of the idea and it finished.

Tonight I am playing guitar at a pub just outside of Toowoomba run by the brother in law.
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.

sven '2'
General Member

Post by sven '2' » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:23 pm

subybrumby wrote:...big fat ugly chicks would line up with a bit of tongue...a lot of the guys were family men and bailed out of the idea and it finished.
Am disappointed you confused me with a woman!
73 Yamaha DT3 250

08 Ford BF wagon - LPG FTMFW

14 Toyota Kluger - goodness!

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:26 pm

subybrumby wrote:Hi Nachaluva, the driver of the truck had started in the morning at Toowoomba and went via Oakey, Cooyar, Maidenwell, Yarraman and then we got him at Nanango. It took him all day to get that far soaking it up at all the pubs in between. I got the phone call at home because he was double parked outside a pub in the Main street of Nanango where I was stationed. When I got down there he was just moving off and heading for Goomeri. Who knows what may have happened if he had continued into the night. Could have wiped out a whole family. I went back later and drove the semi back to the Police station and remember that quite vividly because I had never driven a semi before.

And steptoe yes, I used to have to work every new years eve....remember the kiss a cop campaign...the theory was that the girls would kiss a cop at 12 and there would be inevitably no fights or vandalism if the focus was changed to kissing a cop. Eventually the police complained about it as it got out of hand and big fat ugly chicks would line up with a bit of tongue...a lot of the guys were family men and bailed out of the idea and it finished.

Tonight I am playing guitar at a pub just outside of Toowoomba run by the brother in law.
Hahaha classic :mrgreen:

Very glad you got that driver, as you say who knows what might have happened. I'm sure when you got him he would've said he was fine. "Nah mate just had a couple"!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

fredsub

Post by fredsub » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:43 pm

TOONGA wrote:Ah yes the perils of false positives.

Having attended a fatality and numerous other serious accidents, I believe 0.0 - 0.02 to be the best solution to making a dent on drink driving (it will never stop drink drivers)

TOONGA
I tend to agree, I don't drink much myself, this has mainly occurred because
whenever I had attempted to drink much I get sick before being drunk.
Doctor tells me I have a physiology that does not digest alcohol as normal.
So anyway I realize 2 beers is enough for me to effectively not go drive.
And Never drive within 4hours of having even just one beer or wine or mostly just prefer not to drive at all then.

Wonder how many other people may be similarly easily effected and don't know it.

But your right, it will not stop THE drink drivers, because they are irrational and mostly likely alcoholics. Can only hope that RBT eventually catches up with them. They present a hazard to everyone else on the road.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:55 pm

yarney wrote:Truck drivers are 0.0 so i just don't drink the night before i go to work
Good policy Jan! I thought as much about the truck driving limit...
subybrumby wrote:As I remember .05 which is actually .05 of a per cent, is 50milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood. Highest guy I ever arrested was .327 which was taken from a specimen of blood by a doctor which is more accurate. Breathalysers in Queensland used to give a certificate to two decimal places but a blood specimen from the govt lab always came back at three decimal places and was extremely accurate. Incidently he was driving a semi loaded with steel and was double parked outside a pub.
That's gold - but not in a good way!
subybrumby wrote:I went back later and drove the semi back to the Police station and remember that quite vividly because I had never driven a semi before.
The good ol' days!!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:32 pm

Special powers bestowed upon Trev to drive a vehicle he not licenced to drive :)

alang

Post by alang » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:56 pm

truck drivers in NSW is 0.02 (bac) they had a two teens hit and killed near port macquarie the driver failed the road side rbt but passed the test at the station they let him go pending more enquiries the driver was traveling between two cars and move to the left and hit the teens. did you know if you eat a number of cherry ripe choc bars it can make you go over the limit.

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:30 pm

Um...a little off topic but the truck had to be shifted so no drama about that. I could bore you with all the legal rah rah that was current at the time when I was in (Many years ago) but the Criminal Code over rides the State Acts anyway in respect of criminal liability and extraordinary circumstances etc etc. The drivers license that I have has classes that were issued to me by myself. In other words, in the days when Police issued drivers licenses, we just upgraded our license to what we wanted. So I have open motor cycle and heavy truck, bus license etc because when I renewed my license at some time, I put those on it. I never gave myself a semi trailer license because I never thought I would ever need it and didn't think at that stage that I would ever be leaving the Police Force. Incidently (and I probably shouldn't be telling you this...sshhh), but when photographic licenses first came out, we put one of my chihuahua dogs up on the counter of a particular country police station and took its photo and issued it with a qld drivers license. The dog has long since died but I still have the license here somewhere, it was obviously just never entered into the system but just using one of the photgraphic blanks that we used to type in ourselves. Would be all hi tech now. So there was the license with my dogs photo on it, height 8cm date of birth etc and conditions were "run about town" I'll see if I can find it here sometime.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:29 pm

Still the way in remote places surely, a trip to the don.... arr :) Police Station to upgrade or even just get a licence, any licence

Gawd, may need an eye test soon as i thought I saw a policewoman pushing a shopping trolley with the bulk donut packs recently, turned out to be 18 eggs in similar packaging :)

That truck was a Nissan Patrol or Ford Maverick. Having done a lot of night driving, some peole have no regard for their own safety when walking on the roadside or trying to cross between traffic. If you want a ride it is not a good idea to force the driver to stop by getting in front on the road, shocks the poop out of the motorist. Sometimes wonder if tired and walking along a road at night you might head off track and into the beam of the lights of approaching cars, just coz you can see better.

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:28 pm

subybrumby wrote:Um...a little off topic but the truck had to be shifted so no drama about that. I could bore you with all the legal rah rah that was current at the time when I was in (Many years ago) but the Criminal Code over rides the State Acts anyway in respect of criminal liability and extraordinary circumstances etc etc. The drivers license that I have has classes that were issued to me by myself. In other words, in the days when Police issued drivers licenses, we just upgraded our license to what we wanted. So I have open motor cycle and heavy truck, bus license etc because when I renewed my license at some time, I put those on it. I never gave myself a semi trailer license because I never thought I would ever need it and didn't think at that stage that I would ever be leaving the Police Force. Incidently (and I probably shouldn't be telling you this...sshhh), but when photographic licenses first came out, we put one of my chihuahua dogs up on the counter of a particular country police station and took its photo and issued it with a qld drivers license. The dog has long since died but I still have the license here somewhere, it was obviously just never entered into the system but just using one of the photgraphic blanks that we used to type in ourselves. Would be all hi tech now. So there was the license with my dogs photo on it, height 8cm date of birth etc and conditions were "run about town" I'll see if I can find it here sometime.
Hahaha classic. Would be great if you could show it to us but I'm wondering how wise it would be to put something like that on the interweb..you know, repercussions & all that. Great laugh though :mrgreen:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:30 am

yeah, maybe PM only :D

Return to “Open Slather”