Best Speeding Ticket

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:09 pm

mud_king91 wrote:have to ask how did this go from speeding ticket to machining ?
I think it happened only a few posts in :mrgreen:

Yeah NC's are a crucial part these days but the manual machines still have their place and always will. What's quicker; chucking a block in a vice on a manual machine and shaving a few mill off and away you go or chucking it in the NC, setting your Z height, finding you don't have the right tool in the machine, setting the tool height for the job you want and writing even a few lines of G-code? Then again manual machines can't cut a perfect radius and 3D profiles in a matter of minutes.

Talking about speeding tickets once again I really hope I don't get one in the mail in a week or two; Was coming home last week and out of a roundabout that goes into an 80 zone I decided to keep going (because the car wanted to :rolleyes:) Slowed back down and only a couple hundred meters up the road there were TWO cars with the equipment on the front! :eek: I've never seen one whilst driving myself and I never go over. The one time I do and there's two waiting...
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

mud_king91

Post by mud_king91 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Silverbullet wrote:I think it happened only a few posts in :mrgreen:

Yeah NC's are a crucial part these days but the manual machines still have their place and always will. What's quicker; chucking a block in a vice on a manual machine and shaving a few mill off and away you go or chucking it in the NC, setting your Z height, finding you don't have the right tool in the machine, setting the tool height for the job you want and writing even a few lines of G-code? Then again manual machines can't cut a perfect radius and 3D profiles in a matter of minutes.

Talking about speeding tickets once again I really hope I don't get one in the mail in a week or two; Was coming home last week and out of a roundabout that goes into an 80 zone I decided to keep going (because the car wanted to :rolleyes:) Slowed back down and only a couple hundred meters up the road there were TWO cars with the equipment on the front! :eek: I've never seen one whilst driving myself and I never go over. The one time I do and there's two waiting...
i have a red light photo somewhere of me going through the lights sideways in my mercedes ill have to find it just polished her to lol
GROWING OLD IS COMPULSORY... GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

WTB
BRUMBY, FORESTER prefferably GT

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Slowed back down and only a couple hundred meters up the road there were TWO cars with the equipment on the front! :eek: I've never seen one whilst driving myself and I never go over. The one time I do and there's two waiting...
Yeah, that's Murphy's law.

But if there was two of them together, in vic this is against the rules for them and all speeding tickets have to be counted as null and void. It happened on the Hume a few years ago when two operators were too close together.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:07 am

C'mon Guy's speeding tickets just give $$$ back to the Gov.:(
Machining puts $$$ in YOUR pocket.:mrgreen:

As some of you may well know I sell machine tools having cut my teeth originally on the shop floor - on a wide selection of both manual and CNC machines.
Manual stuff will always be needed, its just the good solid British stuff is getting thinner on the ground these days (even here) In Halifax where I live the town was number 2 in the whole of the UK (to Birmingham) as a manufacturing center for Machine tools - Asquith, Boxford, Butler, Newall, Town, Archdale, Kitchen & Walker etc etc All made here in Halifax.
There still are some still made locally today - Asquith, Boxford, and some smaller makes.
I now sell machines from Japan - SODICK if your interested check this web site out http://www.sodick.org and if you want accuracy in particular check the AP250 wire erosion machine. Cuts by spark in a oil flooded bath and can use wire for spark cutting at 0.03mm dia and hold .001mm (one micron = 1 thousand of 1 mm ) easily ! Temp controlled enviro required. Surface finish - read mirror !!! literally see your reflection stuff. Can be programmed directly from a 2d dxf file or 3d parasolid cad file. (or g codes if you must) in seconds ! without error !
Truly fantastic stuff - if you need or are into this kind of thing !
:D
ps Any one want a really nice 4 foot Kitchen Walker Radial arm drill ? Shipping could be a pita though :???:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.
*Scooby MV / Brumby - Current project & pet truck Weber Carby'd Ea81.Air/Con.4WDiscs.Speedliner tub. Foz seats. Digital Sound. Floodlit interior light. Cobra Security. Gear Shifter Lock + loadsa new parts.
SVX - Silky Sexy & Smooth - just like me ;)
GLF (MY series) Hatchy - "Project 2012"
*Fozzie 2.0 Forester Sport - Wifey's daily driver
*Ozzie Outback Diesel SE nav Spec 2012 MY 6 speeder - My daily driver
* 'Half Cut' Oz Brumby its now totally in bits !:mrgreen

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:42 pm

1111giles wrote:C'mon Guy's speeding tickets just give $$$ back to the Gov.:(
Machining puts $$$ in YOUR pocket.:mrgreen:

As some of you may well know I sell machine tools having cut my teeth originally on the shop floor - on a wide selection of both manual and CNC machines.
Manual stuff will always be needed, its just the good solid British stuff is getting thinner on the ground these days (even here) In Halifax where I live the town was number 2 in the whole of the UK (to Birmingham) as a manufacturing center for Machine tools - Asquith, Boxford, Butler, Newall, Town, Archdale, Kitchen & Walker etc etc All made here in Halifax.
There still are some still made locally today - Asquith, Boxford, and some smaller makes.
I now sell machines from Japan - SODICK if your interested check this web site out http://www.sodick.org and if you want accuracy in particular check the AP250 wire erosion machine. Cuts by spark in a oil flooded bath and can use wire for spark cutting at 0.03mm dia and hold .001mm (one micron = 1 thousand of 1 mm ) easily ! Temp controlled enviro required. Surface finish - read mirror !!! literally see your reflection stuff. Can be programmed directly from a 2d dxf file or 3d parasolid cad file. (or g codes if you must) in seconds ! without error !
Truly fantastic stuff - if you need or are into this kind of thing !
:D
ps Any one want a really nice 4 foot Kitchen Walker Radial arm drill ? Shipping could be a pita though :???:

Ah yes, Halifax England, Kitchen walker, those names ring a few bells :-D The big radial arm drill (8 foot machine) at work I was talking about is a Kitchen Walker. I'm pretty sure the giant surface grinder is as well but I'd have to check. And there is also a Sodick wire erosion machine in it's own room (the coolant absolutely stinks) surrounded by boxes of the spent wire. One of the smaller grinders was also made in England, and most of the magnet tables were made in Sheffield.

I do love British machines, tools and tooling they are something else when you compare to the Asian machines. They just ooze quality feel :) If I ever find a small old lathe even if it needs repair for a reasonable price I'll be very tempted to buy it (when I have the space) If it was made in England.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

revmax

Post by revmax » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:19 pm

Giles, we still use some VERY OLD British machines at work today. 2 off 8ft K&W Radials
2 off Webster & Bennett borers 1 60" 1 72"
http://www.wesknm.com.au/
the RC aerial photo is one of mine.
"THE BRUMBY ! , Your not taking the Brumby I just dry cleaned the mud flaps."
Current
00 Outback with class, SOHC EJ25 auto 240,068ks
"B1" 90 Brumby with character 271,800K EA81 (But soon 5speed,103,000k EJ202)
"B2" wrecked and crushed
"B3" 89 Bush Bashing Brumby (BeeRumBee) Kept a Bucca
"B4" 89 Black Brumby (wam balam ) Kept at Kempsey
"B5" 92 Brumby (sold it)
"B6" 88 Beige Brumby
"W1" 83 wagon 308,000 AC and alot of rust repairs. (Wanda)
Brumby Trailer (Sulky)
LUV THAT BRUM !
RevMax Hobbies

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:05 pm

1. Love the article way funny, a nice way of telling the cops to bog off !!
2. the story of the Police vs Workcover is one I use every year with my apprentices to show the power of Workcover vs the idiot (anyone who does not follow the law)
3. what I like about going to work is walking into my workshop and looking firstly at the big McPherson lathe, the 8 Colchester lathes (2000's, 2500's and the little student), the TOS, Pacific and Bridgeport milling machines, the Asquith radial drill, the Elliot pedestal drill and all the other machinery (guillotine, bending machine, welding machines, pedestal grinders, my office and lastly my nice clean supervisors toilet (sorry)
I figure if I ever need to know if I need to change jobs I will know I need to do something if one morning I walk in and dont find myself in awe of what is available to me, appreciate all this and I cant see training apprentices has any worth. On sunday I will have been in the NSW power industry 33 years. It only seems like yesterday I started.
Regarding machinery, at home I have a Myford lathe my father swapped for a motorbike and side car about 60 year ago and a Takang lathe which has feed and a lead screw and an Atlas drilling milling machine. Pity I cant use the Takang as I dont have a 15 amps power source in the shed yet.
P.S. It is interesting how this post went from speeding to workshop machinery.

Return to “Open Slather”