Post 3 photos of your workplace.

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
purp

Post by purp » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:09 am

olddog642 wrote:
purp wrote:I work in an office at the moment, which isn't terrible exciting. But here are some very serious pics...

Hey Doc. looks like Canberra Hospital to me
:evil::twisted:

Nah, it is Woden; but not the hospital. Close though :)

The mars and snickers worked really well (surprisingly). I was afraid someone would get third degree burns from red hot molten caramel...

It was a slow Friday, to early to be drinking (in the office) and the idea just came to us.

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:40 pm

1111giles wrote:Hey - do you need a shiney new Wire EDM or Sink EDM to help your tool room do its stuff ? :D if so check out what I sell as part of my job.
Clicky the linky http://www.sodick.org or this one for our UK direct site http://www.sodi-techedm.co.uk & you might even be able to find a piccy of me in there ! :p:;)
They've already got both of those! Sodick as well, you probably sold it to them :D Wire cutter gets used alot, sink EDM not so much but it's useful when a tap breaks off in a huge die ;)
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:46 am

Silverbullet wrote:They've already got both of those! Sodick as well, you probably sold it to them :D Wire cutter gets used alot, sink EDM not so much but it's useful when a tap breaks off in a huge die ;)
SWEET ! :D Sodick have about 50% global market share and our UK MD contemplated emigrating to Oz to sell Sodick there I'm told. Dont know why he didnt but 21 years later he is going grat guns here in the UK and Europe.
Is the machine green green cream or silver and do you know the model number eg AG400 or A320 plastered on the front ? maybe a picture ??;)
The latest silver machines are Linear motor driven - fantastic accuracy and reliability - Typical Japanese !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.
*Scooby MV / Brumby - Current project & pet truck Weber Carby'd Ea81.Air/Con.4WDiscs.Speedliner tub. Foz seats. Digital Sound. Floodlit interior light. Cobra Security. Gear Shifter Lock + loadsa new parts.
SVX - Silky Sexy & Smooth - just like me ;)
GLF (MY series) Hatchy - "Project 2012"
*Fozzie 2.0 Forester Sport - Wifey's daily driver
*Ozzie Outback Diesel SE nav Spec 2012 MY 6 speeder - My daily driver
* 'Half Cut' Oz Brumby its now totally in bits !:mrgreen

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:03 pm

Hehe, the wire cutter is not the newest model by the looks of it (it's black I think) it does have the model number on the front but I can't remember it off the top of my head. Small world ;)
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:47 am

I'm not sure if many of you remember my job

that was my job until my last holiday when I trained another guy to do it and when I got back, it was decided by the TPTB's that I would be better at something else WTF????

so this is my new office

and this is the view from the roof just before sunrise

not sure where I will be in 3 weeks time when the building is finished. I heard a very un-nerving conversation which basically said that the boss wants to sack everyone and start with a new bunch of workers.

It's a good thing I already have 2 interviews for jobs similar to my old one :)

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:27 am

Alex wrote:i cant really show photos
Cant you snap a few photos of the construction?
taza wrote:Can't post pics either as I work at client companies doing IT work
Snap a photo of the room you are in, maybe one of the inside of a PC you are working on.
Silverbullet wrote:Well I might get some strange looks from everyone if I went round the press shop taking photos
Nobody seemed to mind me taking photos of the house i was in.
steptoe wrote:Some untidy buggers around leaving shtuff around for the sparky to crack his ankl on !! The builder needs to put a bit of fear in some of the workers esp if he has a skip provided. Is that the ocean in the background ? aa-aaaagh ....... relaxing eh ?
Yeah at the moment, that pile is our skip bin. And yes that is the ocean, a little hazy, but normally we can see an island on the horizon
steptoe wrote:Thought I'd bend yer rules a little
I knew you would

Purp, Toonga and Richie-Rich, this is the style of photos I was after

3 more from me, this was an industrial shed I was working in a few weeks ago

Yes that is a rally spec EVO that will be competing in the next round of the ARC
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

alang

Post by alang » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:01 pm

The last job i had was driving trucks carting steel from Newcastle to Sydney and all over the state with the odd trip to Melbourne. this is one of the prime movers i use to drive has a cat 500hp rated for B double work the other prime movers having sleepers for country trips and interstate trip mainly used the kenworth for bringing rolled steel plates out off Wollongong to customers in the Newcastle area and coils of wire or d bar to Sydney

I am now working as a carer

olddog642

Along time ago

Post by olddog642 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:05 pm

I can't post pics of where I was many decades ago but here are a couple that I lifted from a file. They are about 4-5 thousand miles away and abandoned the ones I was at are still active. No names but somebody may recognize them.
Hylton:twisted::evil:
Attachments
old installation (2).jpg
old installation (2).jpg (54.05 KiB) Viewed 1687 times
old installation.jpg
old installation.jpg (67.72 KiB) Viewed 1688 times

alang

Post by alang » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:11 pm

TOONGA wrote:I'm not sure if many of you remember my job

that was my job until my last holiday when I trained another guy to do it and when I got back, it was decided by the TPTB's that I would be better at something else WTF????

so this is my new office

and this is the view from the roof just before sunrise

not sure where I will be in 3 weeks time when the building is finished. I heard a very un-nerving conversation which basically said that the boss wants to sack everyone and start with a new bunch of workers.

It's a good thing I already have 2 interviews for jobs similar to my old one :)

TOONGA
Loks like the new office could have its ups and downs lol

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:31 am

Here's a shot from the top of my work... and no I did not take this pic :-( I get wobbly legs just looking up from the bottom

Here's my taxi to work

Here's something that I woke up to on my going home day :-( This took 3 days to replace the gearbox
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:52 am

:envious: even of Jules bin job and lift space - could do with some of those full size calming holiday scenes though

Return to “Open Slather”