my bloody phone ..wtf is chat ?

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
steptoe
Master Member

my bloody phone ..wtf is chat ?

Post by steptoe » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:19 pm

and how and why is chat coming through at me ?

Suspect it is spam - I don't know anyone that has ever even uttered the term in reference to a phone !!

Probably tryin' to tell me I have cleaned up in the Scottish lottery again

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:07 am

do you know which version of chat app your phone has (viber , skype etc) if you can find it you can either disable or delete it.

or fix it with one of these

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:41 am

Do you have any teenage daughters who may have grabbed your phone to chat with their friends? Lol. Get them to fix it...

Toonga, thats a great lookin BFH :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:46 am

it certainly won't be backchat , that's for sure !

It is a hu.ar.we u8350 through woolies prepaid optus network, little green man suppose to be an android. Have printed out the 72 page user manual and think it says 'chat' once in its entirety. Thinking chat is another term for something else. Think I need a 72 page manual for woolies network. Is it Safeways mobile in Victoria ?

Have to give this phone credit for one thing - it is tough, already thrown it about - it bounces, releasing energy by ejecting battery and cover, bends a little and that is it.
It runs a different google keeps trying to offer me coffee houses or food houses, the enlarge screen text disappears just when I want it.

Once I figure what turns chat off will do, maybe network provider has some tips ....

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:50 am

nachaluva wrote:Do you have any teenage daughters who may have grabbed your phone to chat with their friends? Lol. Get them to fix it...

Toonga, thats a great lookin BFH :cool:
No, thankfully :) , they'd likely have their headsets on and gaming with unknown boys somewhere around the nieghbourhood (ie the world) headphones on and not surface until dinnertime - and have their own phones - ah, with no credit left ....I see where your suggestion is coming from :D

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:45 am

Loving Tonga's BFH suggestion Jonno !
Chat here is like a free messenger system - Blackberrys here call it BBM (BlackBerry Messeger) its a type in text like system.
Just got my dad a Samsung tuff phone which looks like you can lob it off a tower and it would survive. My Iphone though is fragile so its wrapped in a protective sleeve / cover !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.
*Scooby MV / Brumby - Current project & pet truck Weber Carby'd Ea81.Air/Con.4WDiscs.Speedliner tub. Foz seats. Digital Sound. Floodlit interior light. Cobra Security. Gear Shifter Lock + loadsa new parts.
SVX - Silky Sexy & Smooth - just like me ;)
GLF (MY series) Hatchy - "Project 2012"
*Fozzie 2.0 Forester Sport - Wifey's daily driver
*Ozzie Outback Diesel SE nav Spec 2012 MY 6 speeder - My daily driver
* 'Half Cut' Oz Brumby its now totally in bits !:mrgreen

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 am

Jonno I think you need to do yourself a favor; ditch this incomprehensible chinese phone and get something a bit more user friendly :o I replaced my ancient Sony Ericsson with a full touch screen phone and came to realize you really don't need buttons. I've heard people whinge about Android OS being hard to use and poorly laid out but I haven't found any problems.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Chat is a feature on some phones that make it much easier to text message when you've got a mate that you're texting back and forth constantly for that time.

There should be a way to turn that off to revert back to the original texting format.

Or you could step up and get a modern phone, I've had mine less than 6 months and there's not a chance I'd go back :D :(

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:05 pm

The old Alcatel LCD grey screen is standing by at the ready...

The new phone bought in May ? is handy for work coming in on my gmail - I admit.

This chat sh!t is google talk , have found how to block those who wanna talk, sorry , chat to me, fuggem, tell 'em I'm not there, not to auto sign me in when on, unchecked a few more boxes and we'll see if they leave me in peace.

Might just google their talk to see what it is in detail. I am over backwards forward texting , esp on this wierd arse keyboard that lights up and fades out the keys !
thanks for the input peeps

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:14 am

You need a BFH...

Then a new phone. Get a smart phone - I love the Iphone I've got, even though others bag it out!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Open Slather”