Ebay blues

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
subybrumby

Ebay blues

Post by subybrumby » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Well looks like I may have sold my 91 brumby today. Fella came and had a look and pending a test drive and roadworthy, she's gone. Only trouble is it has no front wheels on it and is up on stands..Why may you ask??

Last Friday, I had the day off and opened the package from ebay with my two new front brake rotors and pads..boxed package from an ebay on line shop in Brisbane. Got one side off, fitted the rotor to the hub, but then..what the heck..couldn't get it all back together...they're bloody L series rotors and pads despite being advertised as brumby..84-93. From there it all went to sh....t.

This company...(used loosely) will not answer emails...has a fineprint section where he won't refund if package is opened..and more or less just ignores you and stuff you mate. Paid by paypal so lodged a claim with them..fat lot of good, they want me to return at my cost to seller for refund...but he won't refund if package has been opened. No phonenumber...just a P.O. Box in Brisbane...postage would be expensive....the whole thing is a sham...

So going in tomorrow to see if I can get the original rotors machined if they are within limits...and get this thing sold....

Sorry, but ebay has lost me....

P.S. After the event I looked at their feedback and they have previous for this type of thing....

I'm spacing their name out to beware of on line searching but avoid......

w e s t e n f a r m e r s and o n l i n e b r a k e s ...same mob.
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post by 60766244 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:03 pm

Unlucky you got burned online like that. :\

I've had a couple of similar experiences. Since they I refuse to ever use paypal (they can confiscate your funds on a whim, and it takes months to get it back, if at all) or use ebay again.

It's all Gumtree in person or websites I can scope out a lot.

I guess you'll have to get some correct parts from somewhere else? Maybe the people you next purchase off will give you a discount if you give them the other parts?

Be sure to spread the word of the useless companies far and wide so they either clean up, or go away.
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

T.Farm.Brumby

Post by T.Farm.Brumby » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Ah that's rough mate. I have 2 rotors to fit a Brumby (no hubs) if you're interested? They came off a wreck that had only done 72,000. Aren't vented but should still be all good methinks.

Oh, PS, seeing as you're in T-ba, do you know of the Red/Maroon Brumby that the Christian college (or something like that) has as their agri. vehicle? They're selling it at the moment but there's a pretty big rust hole or two according to the cousin :( know of it/if it's any good?

Cheers,
Tom.
All The Rigs:

'86 RX Turbo "Thor"
'89 Brumby "Emma"
'89 Brumby "Brumbylicious"
'03 Outback "Uma"
'05 Forester
'14 Forester Luxury (My goodness is it schmick!)

sven '2'
General Member

Post by sven '2' » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:10 pm

subybrumby wrote:Well looks like I may have sold my 91 brumby today. Fella came and had a look and pending a test drive and roadworthy, she's gone. Only trouble is it has no front wheels on it and is up on stands..Why may you ask??

Last Friday, I had the day off and opened the package from ebay with my two new front brake rotors and pads..boxed package from an ebay on line shop in Brisbane. Got one side off, fitted the rotor to the hub, but then..what the heck..couldn't get it all back together...they're bloody L series rotors and pads despite being advertised as brumby..84-93. From there it all went to sh....t.

This company...(used loosely) will not answer emails...has a fineprint section where he won't refund if package is opened..and more or less just ignores you and stuff you mate. Paid by paypal so lodged a claim with them..fat lot of good, they want me to return at my cost to seller for refund...but he won't refund if package has been opened. No phonenumber...just a P.O. Box in Brisbane...postage would be expensive....the whole thing is a sham...

So going in tomorrow to see if I can get the original rotors machined if they are within limits...and get this thing sold....

Sorry, but ebay has lost me....

P.S. After the event I looked at their feedback and they have previous for this type of thing....

I'm spacing their name out to beware of on line searching but avoid......

w e s t e n f a r m e r s and o n l i n e b r a k e s ...same mob.
Returning the items will always be your cost - it sucks on heavy items like yours.

If the item is unused, it does not matter what the seller states in his ad at all...ebay/PP policies always trump individual 'policies' for lack of a better term. It is reasonable that the package would have to opened for fitment...

PP will help you, esp if the seller is a prick - just be sure you follow the rules to the letter (ie registered, trackable return post)

Goodluck
73 Yamaha DT3 250

08 Ford BF wagon - LPG FTMFW

14 Toyota Kluger - goodness!

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:52 pm

I am starting a web based escrow business to help you prevent this sort of thing happening. It should be up and running in the next month or so.
unfortunately it came a little too late for you :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:55 pm

roosterheads ! I bought an EA82T from a well respected supplier, so supposedly an import from Japan at the time , not as an import coz it came into the country in a vehicle as new years earlier. It had orange sealant goop - never seen it before on an 'import'.

Also felt it was my right to pull heads off to ensure not cracked - one was , and when i made a warranty claim the theatrical clint tried to make me sound a righ d!ck for having done so - told me I'd done my warranty - 'mate'

First opportunity I had I chucked the lot in the back of the Brumby drove to Sydney and let him tell me to my face just how I'd done my warranty. They were very attentive at this crack in the head and conceded it was a warranty issue and gave me $200 refund to cover the head to be welded and serviced. I had to be happy with that.

A visit at your leisure some time may not hurt ?

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Item does not match description. Small claims tribunal. Seller to refund money including return freight.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:44 pm

Hey thanks everyone...well Paypal says they are still investigating and waiting for a reply from him apparently. I've still got the L series rotors and pads here and for sure if I let them go, I will have nothing.

I'm pretty sure this guy burns himself with one ebay account and then just moves onto another as he has two running at the moment. News at the moment is that my orginal rotors are being machined and will be ready in the morning. Will buy more pads from REPCO or where ever and get this car moving. Buyer is happy but wants to see it together and test drive which is fair enough.

The car was advertised on Gumtree....this is my first hiccup with EBAY and I have bought a lot including parts and musical equipment.

This bloke on EBAy has fineprint refund policy...any package returned that is opened and not in original condition will get no refund. Of course I opened it....

Will look into Brumby at Christian College...just up the road...

Thanks Everyone..on my feet again and ..moving forward..
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:00 pm

This is the reason I only spend small amounts of money at a time on ebay. I'd never buy anything more than maybe a couple hundred bucks, and look at the seller closely.

If nothing happens with the refund maybe you could sell them on (advertised properly this time) and get your money back?
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:18 pm

sven '2' wrote:Returning the items will always be your cost - it sucks on heavy items like yours.

PP will help you, esp if the seller is a prick - just be sure you follow the rules to the letter (ie registered, trackable return post)
subybrumby wrote:well Paypal says they are still investigating and waiting for a reply from him apparently
As Sven says do everything exactly as requested by PayPal, esp tracking no & if the seller wont play ball & refund then PP will!

I bought a phone through eBay that wouldnt even turn on, had a cracked screen & the seller was being a total bitch. She made an offer of 50% refund which I refused then PP ordered a full refund. Just follow the rules, it takes time but its worth it.

Good luck mate ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

T.Farm.Brumby

Post by T.Farm.Brumby » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:16 am

subybrumby wrote: Will look into Brumby at Christian College...just up the road...

Cheers :D Really appreciate it

Landbruiser shit itself so I convinced the old man to get a Brumby to replace it, pretty much the same thing ;)
All The Rigs:

'86 RX Turbo "Thor"
'89 Brumby "Emma"
'89 Brumby "Brumbylicious"
'03 Outback "Uma"
'05 Forester
'14 Forester Luxury (My goodness is it schmick!)

sven '2'
General Member

Post by sven '2' » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:54 am

subybrumby wrote: This bloke on EBAy has fineprint refund policy...any package returned that is opened and not in original condition will get no refund. Of course I opened it....
It (really) does not matter what he says - as long as you return the goods unused, undamaged, his policy is irrelevant.

Sellers also put in restocking fees, pay with 24 hours etc - none of it is applicable. On ebay, is ebay rules (which reflect consumer law where applicable).

PayPal will back you up 'items not as described' Where most people go wrong is that they fail to follow the directions from PP...

Nijia edit

from website

If the item is not as described/wrong item received: We offer Replacement or Refund for the value of the original order when the following steps are followed completely. 1)Contact us within 3 days of delivery. 2) Follow the directions of any corresponding email. You may be asked to provide an explanation of how the item does not meet the original description, or in the case of wrong item, provide the part number of the incorrect item received. You may also be required to return the item via a registered courier

The fingerprint policy looks at apply if the buyer makes a mistake

...unfitted and in its original packaging and condition. A handling charge of 15% may be applied for damaged packaging.

Good luck - I know these are only words, and it does not stop the seller acting like a tool
73 Yamaha DT3 250

08 Ford BF wagon - LPG FTMFW

14 Toyota Kluger - goodness!

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:03 am

Given he has supplied you , assuming they are L series spec not Brumby spec and we can help prove that in quoting from factory manuals or Gregories. Dunno where the bits have to be before PP vacuums his account and restores it to yours. Consumer affairs/ fair trading make the rules not the supplier...hope you did not just rip into the box top off, hook into with thumbs and used a nice sharp blade to cut the seal , open up so you can prserve the boxes ?

Mummy'sLibertyWagon

Post by Mummy'sLibertyWagon » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi All! Yes, I know this thread is a year old, but I found it (and immediately joined your site) because I was just doing a general web search for WestenFarmers contact details.
Yep, you guessed it - I've just been burned by them as well. Ordered front discs and pads for my mum's BG wagon (277mm wide rotors?), but received parts for Forester, Impreza WRX (294mm I think).
Politely worded e'mail sent, requesting exchange. Silence for 5 days now...
Looks like I'll be buying from elsewhere, and trying to recoup my losses by trying to on-sell the mistaken items myself. (sigh....)

Or maybe I should have a chat to the Qld government's Office of Fair Trading...!

Catchyas later!

MLW.

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:06 pm

I had a problem with a seller recently and PP had the money back in my account within about a week.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

Return to “Open Slather”