the "squirts" and rice water fix

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
steptoe
Master Member

the "squirts" and rice water fix

Post by steptoe » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:32 pm

Man, cannot describe how bad things got the other night - was gonna call for help if things got worse. Near bloody passed out , breaking out into a sweat after just making the bog and back at 2am. My intake system was fast rejecting any attempts at nutrition - good or bad and bypass my digestive system.
Long heard that the water drained off boiled rice - more the submersed rather than inmmersion cooking method though or you won't have any water to drain off!
Cannot believe just how quick my system was to react to just the smallest amount of foul tasting rice water. Ten minutes and cramping was gone, sipped two 200ml glasses of the oh so yummy stuff over next few hours and then a test of the system

I give this remedy a 10 out of 10

No visit to a doc, hospital or other, no chemist time or pricing - just 50cents worth of Aussie grown white rice, 6 to 8 cups of water, cook rice according to instructions on packet (if you need) don't rinse the rice first, think that takes some of the good filth away.

The remainder of it still in the fridge and has remained formula in suspense and no sediment has formed

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Good advise, nothing worse than going out and sharting in ya dacks, it's happened to me 4 - 5 times now..............Never trust a fart when you are over 50!!!!
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:43 pm

Sounds like you have a bout of this dreaded gastro thats going around. Its highly contagious & very very nasty! Apart from a severe case of the runs, a bout of projectile vomiting that never seemed to end broke my "no-spew" record going back more than a decade!! :(

Good to hear your rice water remedy fix helped :D We used "Gastro Stop" & found it to be very good also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:49 pm

yes..saw an add on tv that says diarohea is inconvenient....Obviously hasn't had it when your out on your afternoon walk..2klms from home ...jumping through neighbours fences, fighting dogs and charging through undergrowth and vines only to get to your back door and finally find it locked...trousers off as you speed down the hallway...inconvenience be buggered...

Mate, I'll remember your remedy
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post by 60766244 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Got the dreaded Gastro only a few weeks before my Year 12 exams.

Been to Bali a dozen times, eaten local food, drank local water, never, ever got sick. :rolleyes:

Then got Gastro out of the blue! :confused:

Took a drug called GastroStrop and within 15 minutes I was good, stopped needing to do anything for about 4 days. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the rice method!

P.S. I came here thinking you had a "Unique" way of dealing with a radiator leak. ;)
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:19 pm

more important leak I can tell you and how easy is it to knock up on a trip if someone gets some on them or shares the ability in close confines. Latest is not food thing but vapour droplets in breath apparently. Never had it so bad, never such an easy fix - an ancient Spanish grandmothers fix my mate reckons ! Got me back to regularity as they call it next day :)

Dr Pepper and its unique fruity taste helped with hydration for a moment beforehand, but just help the apple with follow through effect.

No rice in stock at home and the trip to the shop was a very careful mission I can tell you :phew:

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:16 pm

I'm writing all these down...anyone use charcocaps???
1989 Subaru Brumby - EA82T 5speed box. 4wheel disc, electric Windows plus other goodies.
Future Plans- Seat upgrade and Possible EJ20T implant.

Daily Driver Stock 1991 Brumby.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:12 pm

I wonder if you could just suck the dry rice bits - er , ? ? pods...?? grains - eediot !!

Is the boiling just to kill any bacteria first praps?

I noticed when i did it first way, rinse in cold water twice, then only bit more watter than rice cook up - a lot of white dust washed out, whereas the second cook up to finally get rice water - no first rinse twice.

No idea why you'd eat rice though -blegch !

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat May 11, 2013 12:52 am

steptoe wrote:...heard that the water drained off boiled rice - more the submersed rather than inmmersion cooking method though or you won't have any water to drain off!
Cannot believe just how quick my system was to react to just the smallest amount of foul tasting rice water. Ten minutes and cramping was gone, sipped two 200ml glasses of the oh so yummy stuff over next few hours and then a test of the system

I give this remedy a 10 out of 10
I'm guessing that this really works?! Crazy, I would have never have thought it did anything! Going to have to remember this bit of trivia - trivia until I need it!

Do you boil the water with the rice or just wash the starch out of the rice and use that water??

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat May 11, 2013 6:50 am

no, don't wash the grains first. Use the most water V grains formula on the packet, drain off the water to sip - guzzle it if you can :D

Ancient Spanish/Incas/Mayans/Mackadonski method apparently !

Return to “Open Slather”