ULP tipped to hit $1.70/L!

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
Silverbullet

ULP tipped to hit $1.70/L!

Post by Silverbullet » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Well that's what I hear on the radio in Adelaide anyway, hopefully it was the same people who said the Aussie dollar would get to $1.20 US.

I know some of us (not me :oops:) who drive around in Rexies and the like have to fill up on 98 which is nearing that price anyway, but if regular gets to this price I'm starting to think I should convert the ute to electric power :| Seriously, if I replaced the fuel tank with Lithium ferrous cells, I could easily get 60k of range up to 60-70km/h probably. Plug it in every night, don't waste money on petrol while I spend an hour every day idling at traffic lights, and save the petrol car for going to the beach or camping trips.

I know in Europe and the UK petrol is over $2 a litre equivalent so what am I complaining about? Well in Germany a case of decent beer is 5 Euros and you can rent a nice apartment for 350 a month, including gas bill. Has anyone else noticed how we get screwed from every direction on the price of stuff in this country? And it goes up every 3 months!?!?

/rant :roll:
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Silverbullet wrote: I know in Europe and the UK petrol is over $2 a litre equivalent so what am I complaining about? Well in Germany a case of decent beer is 5 Euros and you can rent a nice apartment for 350 a month, including gas bill. Has anyone else noticed how we get screwed from every direction on the price of stuff in this country? And it goes up every 3 months!?!?
Yep i have noticed we get screwed every which way! Was watching a US discussion on smart phones...Galaxy III & iPhone 5 both under $200!!! :(

Here a bottle of water costs more than the same volume of milk or petrol!

& the politicians recently gave themselves a decent payrise!!! GRRRRR :evil:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

subabooba

Post by subabooba » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:22 pm

Don't disagree in general but those phone prices are on plans, we actually do better, usually get them for free. About the only thing we don't get screwed on! :)

The electric car question is an interesting one, lots of new electric models coming this year and next, with fuel on the up and up, they might really take off a lot faster than expected.

Hope so, I'll be starting a collection of STi's that I'll pick up for a few hundred bucks each because no one wants petrol cars anymore! :P

Post by 60766244 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:52 pm

I already pay $1.70 most times at the pump wanting since Maple drinks Premium.

You should see the horrendous prices for fuel and housing in the Pilbara...

I saw a basic 3x1 house in Newman for rent the other day with the price set at $2100 a week!

I know it's a mining town... But I fell over laughing!

Edit: P.s. I should add some of the "Call me w/ phone number" tabs cut at the bottom had been removed.
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:14 pm

That's what I'm talking about, everyone charges/wants top dollar because they can get away with it. Or maybe everyone is happy to pay top dollar to live in this beautiful country. Where will it end? :(

Oh another example; a bottle of a well known, Australian made wine is cheaper in Europe than it is here. What does that tell ya?
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:47 pm

I'm paying around $1.75 in Perth here for BP 98... I know up home(in the bush of WA lol) I'd be paying $2.00 for octane 98 fuel. It's just stupid... I will be looking at getting motorbike or postie bike(110cc or 250cc) for the easy of day to day traffic and for fuel economy. Even while getting 9l to the 100km with the EJ25 Foz it still all adds up...

Everything is top dollar in this country. God we just payed $490k for a 3x1 unit in a prime and convenient location in Perth.

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Filled up earlier today in Kalbarri W.A with premium @ $1.91 per litre :cry:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:11 pm

^ Oh I take it back, i thought it was over $2.00 a litre in Barri for premium...

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:53 pm

taza wrote:I'm paying around $1.75 in Perth here for BP 98... I know up home(in the bush of WA lol) I'd be paying $2.00 for octane 98 fuel. It's just stupid... I will be looking at getting motorbike or postie bike(110cc or 250cc) for the easy of day to day traffic and for fuel economy. Even while getting 9l to the 100km with the EJ25 Foz it still all adds up...

Everything is top dollar in this country. God we just payed $490k for a 3x1 unit in a prime and convenient location in Perth.
at the top of the cycle 98 is rarely over $1.70 in perth, the most i have ever paid was $1.69 for my old passat which had to be ran on 98.

Bought a year old i45 the other week with a 2.4l 4cyclinder and averaged 5.5l/100km on our trip down to Margret river last weekend. Sits on 7.5l/100km in normal combined driving. Stoked.

Dont quote me, but im pretty sure our average salary is alot higher than other countries. Im sure its all pretty even at the end of the day!
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Post by 60766244 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:13 pm

Yeah we definitely earn a lot more than other countries. I hear stories about how much most Kiwi's make an hour and I shudder.
Suppose we all best get mining jobs. ;) I know I love mine...

Brumby's lucky to get 9.5L to the 100km these days and I'm starting to consider selling up for something a bit cheaper to run. Wouldn't mind more range also...

I'm also working on getting an electric motorbike off the ground for all my short trips about town and visiting people.

I heard on ABC the other day they pay $2.80 a liter for 91 on Norfolk Island... D:
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Well $300 a week on apprentice wages is alot :(

In NZ though you can buy a can of coke and a meat pie for 1$ each, that 2 bloody bucks while here a pie alone is a min of $4.50 and a coke $3.20 plus!

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:47 pm

thats right most things even out with our high wages- but high living cost.
too right taza luckily i don't have to travel far to work, otherwise it could cost more to go to work!
2004 subaru forester -gone
1999 subaru forester- no more :(
1989 subaru brumby- sold!
2008 zook jimny -sold!
2003 mitsubishi pajero - missus car
2013 nissan d22- set up for long distant touring

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:33 pm

I thought it was a bit rich to hear the price of natural gas is going up to stay in line with global pricing....despite the fact it's mined and extracted HERE don't you think it should be cheaper here? :mad:
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:09 pm

Silverbullet wrote:That's what I'm talking about, everyone charges/wants top dollar because they can get away with it. Or maybe everyone is happy to pay top dollar to live in this beautiful country. Where will it end? :(
I dunno when it will end - either in our dollar dropping out and employment falling through for a lot of people, or some sort of revolt.

The addition of CPT added by our pollies to living expenses doesn't help! Also everyone trying to get the most money while getting the best deals doesn't really help. There are also probably a lot of people out there living outside their means in one way or another...
Alex wrote:Dont quote me, but im pretty sure our average salary is alot higher than other countries. Im sure its all pretty even at the end of the day!
Yeah it is - mainly due to unions pushing all the time for wage increases - sometimes when not really necessary. This has a ripple effect in some ways that certainly doesn't help the situation. The bubble has to burst at some point. It also follows with what I've said above about wages and best deals...
Silverbullet wrote:I thought it was a bit rich to hear the price of natural gas is going up to stay in line with global pricing....despite the fact it's mined and extracted HERE don't you think it should be cheaper here? :mad:
Well, this is what happens with our stupid government that sells it to Japan/China that then sell it back to us at whatever price they want. It's down right scary! Particularly if this trend keeps up - foreign countries will own our soil before to long...

I hate this shit.

Back on the original thing of $1.70 for fuel - the media has a lot to answer for this too - buttering us up so we're ready for it when it does occur, plus it makes for some good sales in newspapers and good numbers in viewership etc

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Open Slather”