New Aussie Flag ...

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
Bantum
General Member

New Aussie Flag ...

Post by Bantum » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:48 am

Here is something else I've been working on :

Note : Caution large image ...

Sorry if its been done before, but it had been floating around in my brain & had to come out ... :)

PDF can be downloaded here : downloads.php?do=file&id=139

Add : There is also an explanatory note with all the meanings, will have to post that as well ... ;)

Notes here : downloads.php?do=file&id=140&act=down

Cheers, Bantum ...

Bantum
General Member

Post by Bantum » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:55 am

+ Some initial sketches :

Cheers, Bantum ...

Bantum
General Member

Flag Notes ...

Post by Bantum » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:42 am

Added some notes :

Bit of an explanatory guide to the flag ... :D

Cheers, Bantum ...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:12 pm

Always a contensious issue, but I like it.

Would this come with our independence from "the mother land" or just to remove the Union Jack and acknowledge the traditional owner of our great land?

Keep up the good work mate!
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:22 pm

While I respect people's opinions and although I may not be completely entitled to comment on the Australian flag, I have huge respect for the current one. That is the flag I swore my allegiance to about 5 years ago in my citizenship ceremony.

Among other things, the thought of how many people gave their lives to protect it and what it represents makes me feel it is still a relevant and appropriate symbol of our nation.

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

Nubaru

Post by Nubaru » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:27 pm

A very modern flag you have submitted. Any significance in the number of spots ? The flag of Indonesia has significance in the number of feather of the bird (Garuda?) its wings and tail count signify day of independence 8 for August, something else for '45 I tink ?

sin keeping with issue of contention - I have always liked the flag Kathy Freeman tore around the track draped in. Simple, three colours of nice proportions, identifyingly established as part of Australia already and its use would not hurt as part of the apology to help heal ill feelings.
member since 10january2014 #6191

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:48 am

The concept is good, but I think has too much traditional red & blue which are English colours rather than Australian.
I'd change the red and blue to green background and gold stars. Change the green star to white. The black and red stay unchanged. The number of dots should increase to 18 to match the 18 regions.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:23 am

dfoyl I must ask, what are the 18 regions ? this is the first Ive even heard of it.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:28 pm

Nothing wrong with the flag they went to war for....... Lest we forget.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

Bantum
General Member

Late Replies :

Post by Bantum » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Yeah apologies for the late reply ( been away ) ... :oops:

So :
El_Freddo wrote: ... Would this come with our independence from "the mother land" or ...
That would probably be dependent on a referendum of some sort, so for the sake of KISS principle, I'll stick to just the flag for the time being ... ;)
Nubaru wrote:
... Any significance in the number of spots ? ...
There was some consideration to some sort of 'national' identity on my part, but primarily just what fitted & looked right - open to interpretation.

Note : there could be 18 or any number of dots ... :D
pezimm wrote:
... the flag I swore my allegiance to about 5 years ago in my citizenship ceremony...
Swearing on any particular flag doesn't mean that your beholden to keep it forever, I'd say it was based more on the principles & ideals that are behind the country which are to be upheld ... :cool:

In all things considered, the personal preference in these matters should be the governing theme ... :D
dfoyl wrote:
... I'd change the red and blue to green background and gold stars. Change the green star to white. The black and red stay unchanged. The number of dots should increase to 18 to match the 18 regions.
All good suggestions to be considered - I might have to redo it for next year with a different colour version, it will have do for now though ... :p

Cheers, Bantum ...

sublime

Post by sublime » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:27 pm

Hmmm... Was that your flag on the Project?
Old Boxer Tricks
1980 Brumby
1978 4WD Station Wagon
1974 DL Sedan
1974 GSR Coupe

Bantum
General Member

Other Versions ...

Post by Bantum » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:31 pm

Doubt it ... :(

If you do a quick Google search of proposed Aussie flags you'll no doubt see some that are very similar & as research indicates, features used in the design such as Stars, Dots & the Boomerang etc. are the most common elements which are universally recognized & accepted for use on an Australian Flag.

I have merely placed them in a way that is pleasing to the eye ... ;)

So I can't claim to be the sole originator of the design, just putting my spin on it as such. Welcome to add any other proposals you've seen on here ... ( I might add a few others as well ) All good debating points to see if we can come up with something that the majority like. ( You'll never get 100 % agreement )

Ciao, Bantum ...

Return to “Open Slather”