not in stock at Bunnings :(

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
steptoe
Master Member

not in stock at Bunnings :(

Post by steptoe » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:12 pm

Went over to Bunnings looking for this stuff refered to in the article

couldn't find any myself :(

As is often the case, you find something good, stick to it, and stock up on it, coz sure as eggs the company will be bought out, supply choked and a replacement come in from off shore if there is a buck in it !

Very universal use this DDT stuff - one product does most applications.Marketing today want one product for this, another for another small task .Sigh......

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:23 pm

The amazing thing is it is happening to headache tablets. Just went and stocked up on a bunch of Herron Gold, in the future it will be aspirin (useless) or off to the GP to get a script. Crazy...
I've tried the cheaper brands made in India (thanks Coles for supporting Australian jobs), but struggle to get them down. Can't beat Herron, but the only place I can find them now is IGA.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:12 pm

Don't forget lice ... I had a DDT lice soloution rubbed through my hair as a child.

Probably explains a fair bit. :)

I'm pretty sure the world health organization had something to do with the removal of DDT from Bunnings in the very early 70's maybe late 60's.

it even has a place on schedule X

Nice :)

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:42 pm

actually glad Jules made comment - bet you not had lice since ! - was gonna ask if it was still available in WA and by no means any suggestion WA is behind the eastern states in anything except say 2 hours coz I am 25% west aussie :) Was wondering due to the differing laws on poisons n stuff between the sides. I guess not.

I found some support for DDT not actually being responsible for all it is blamed for....shoot, was it DDT in RID ?

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:46 pm

dfoyl wrote:The amazing thing is it is happening to headache tablets. Just went and stocked up on a bunch of Herron Gold, in the future it will be aspirin (useless) or off to the GP to get a script. Crazy...
I've tried the cheaper brands made in India (thanks Coles for supporting Australian jobs), but struggle to get them down. Can't beat Herron, but the only place I can find them now is IGA.
Where are all Dr Karls listeners gonna get their baby panadol to solve most of lifes problems during parenthood , and the age old fixes of panadol are gonna go the same way as indian root pills, bex ....

Wasn't it the number of panadols available in supermarkets being restricted to just 12 rather than being restricted to prescription only ?

Good old Centrums are made in PRC - good old synthesised vitamins :)

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:04 pm

>Wasn't it the number of panadols available in supermarkets being restricted to just 12 rather than being restricted to prescription only ?

They dropped the number per pack to being 20 or less last year, which is why the 24 packs dropped down to 20 (though the pack size and price didn't change). Not sure how that's going to stop the abusers, as they'll just go round over and over til they get enough. My IGA didn't blink when I put 4 x 20 packs through. I am sure I read they were going to make all paracetamol pharmacy-only.

I think GSK (GlaxoSmithKline) manufacturing is now closed down, and they were about the last manufacturer of medicine in Australia. Not sure where Herron get their stock made now.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

Nubaru

Post by Nubaru » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:03 pm

oh fugger, just read on the pack of aldi special paracetamols of which there was a carton full of 20's , made somewhere in the india. Can't even post them next door for the purchase price, not unless one was to crush them up and lose the dose rate :)
member since 10january2014 #6191

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:22 pm

At least DDT kept the bloody white ants at bay, not like today where they wreck hundreds if not thousands of homes because we have nothing to kill the bastards off. :twisted: :twisted:

P.S. DDT has been banned here since 1987. :shock:
Peter

KiwiL

Post by KiwiL » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:35 am

Nah the reason for the panadols is that over 20 is usually enough to make your liver die - it's a pretty nasty death that takes several days.
People don't actually abuse Panadol I don't think...

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:16 pm

I bought some really good hand wipes from Marsters (Bucket o Towels) they even get cv grease off
As usual you cant buy them in Australia any more :evil:

Jan

If you know of others that will move grease let me know
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:22 am

if those hand towels got cv grease off, gotta ask what they did to your hands, or if used as a baby bum wipe - yer kid would really thank you later in life I bet !! I find need something as severe as wax n grease remover to do away with cv grease , others use paper towel for the bulky cv grease first.

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:05 pm

They are for trade work not babys bum:-)

Sent from my C6603
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

Return to “Open Slather”