Facebook question

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
TOONGA
Elder Member

Facebook question

Post by TOONGA » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:59 am

So occasionally while using my ANDROID phone to view the site at work, my phone will be redirected to a facebook site saying the page isn't available. It doesn't matter which browser I use I get the message at least once a day.

When it happens I must clear my browsing history and sometimes restart the phone.

Ive even scanned my phone with antivirus software installed on the phone and using my desktop computer, but I have no viruses according to the software.

Anyone else being taken over by facebook ?

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:36 am

I get as far as a mention of tapatalk is required or some such crap and I bow out, rely on the old desktop PC :) where I notice when sign in sign out the bottom field of read, waiting on website http://www.facebook has always flashed by just checking up on me

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:24 am

I'm on the mobile now, have always said no to taps talk and have never signed in linked to Facebook.

I've never been directed from here to bookface and I'm currently logged in there via another window.

My phone'sbeen an iPhone 4 so will definitely be different to your setup. Have you got the bookface app installed? That could be keeping tabs on you!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:51 am

No facebook app or account as an ex-teacher I have no desire to be stalked by my "ex-students"

I get the tapatalk request as well, I've since had the the current moon app decide it was a facebook app as well. I'm thinking firefox has a problem on android, as when using google chrome Ive not had any problems at all.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:14 am

my PC runs the once much hated XP spII . Every 1nce in a while I get a reminder no support for XP beyond April 20,14 yet I still get Windows telling me not to switch off, it is updating ...... spyware ?

Return to “Open Slather”