Speed cameras FYI

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
BlackMale
General Member

Speed cameras FYI

Post by BlackMale » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:19 am

Now this is just for everyone’s information, I am not looking at a HUGE debate on the pro’s/cons of speeding, and/or speed cameras nor how much we love or have the police and their ethics.

I almost posted this in the WA section due to different state laws however thought that this would be more appropriate.

Yesterday while travelling back to the city after being in Rockingham I noticed that the police were actually sitting on top of the overpasses with their radar gun and aiming them down onto the highway. I assume that once they get you speeding they will jump on their bikes (which were parked right next to them) and fire straight onto the “on ramp” onto the freeway and then issue you an early x’mas present. This could be a long time WA thing however I have not see/heard about it being done before.

You have been warned.

Ben

Post by Ben » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:56 am

Could be worse - on the F3 freeway between Sydney and Newcastle they have spotter planes cruising looking for the cars going faster than the rest (typical traffic speed on the 110 zoned parts of the F3 is about 125, so any one going faster than the main traffic body is moving...)

Please watch before posting!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

dwayneb

Post by dwayneb » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:28 pm

Qld police have copped a lot of flack for doing the same thing as what Jaffa has said. On the Innercity By-pass near Suncorp Stadium end. Copper in casual clothes with a radar on a tri-pod, and radioing rego numbers to coppers waiting down the road.
Back in a Subaru, 03 Forester XS:D

subarursliberty

Post by subarursliberty » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:06 pm

MechaWagon wrote:Could be worse - on the F3 freeway between Sydney and Newcastle they have spotter planes cruising looking for the cars going faster than the rest (typical traffic speed on the 110 zoned parts of the F3 is about 125, so any one going faster than the main traffic body is moving...)
They still doing that? I thought that was back in the old days? I better slow down then.

The F3 they are everywhere. Don't blame them though.

Ben

Post by Ben » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:15 pm

subarursliberty wrote:
MechaWagon wrote:Could be worse - on the F3 freeway between Sydney and Newcastle they have spotter planes cruising looking for the cars going faster than the rest (typical traffic speed on the 110 zoned parts of the F3 is about 125, so any one going faster than the main traffic body is moving...)
They still doing that? I thought that was back in the old days? I better slow down then.

The F3 they are everywhere. Don't blame them though.
Dunno, I haven't heard of any in a while, come to think of it, 10 years or so - so hey, prob not happening!!

If anyone does get busted speeding by the above methods then they have to prove it, and if the radar is 3k's back up the road zapping other motorists they can't prove anything...

Please watch before posting!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Oversteer

Post by Oversteer » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:09 pm

Plenty of sneaky coppers about since the Traffic squad/RTA has be re-introduced in force.

The old copper with the laser pinging cars with the bike waiting is std procedure in WA....

They have a lot of new un-marked traffice cars, you can pick them cause of the fatter tyres, dark tint and lights behind the tint on the dash and rear parcel shelf. They also have the hwy patrol cars setting up traps etc

OS
MY05 GT-STI DCCD 6spd 13.88at98.7
88 FJ62 Cruiser-5.0ChevTPI TT,6psi,Hi6,044,Wolf3dV4,FMIC

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:27 pm

Oversteer wrote:They have a lot of new un-marked traffice cars, you can pick them cause of the fatter tyres, dark tint and lights behind the tint on the dash and rear parcel shelf.

And the lower suspension (FE2 - SS suspension in the case of the Holdens), pursuit wheels and K-band emissions for those of us with detectors.

They stick out like dogs balls - radar detector or not. WA cop's haven't figured out that bare aluminium rims on a brand new car give them away.
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:29 am

speaking of cop cars ,has anyone seen the new manaro hiway cruisers....top setup for a rolling disco
ImageImage

life is like a game of cricket...at some time you will get hit in the nuts

Fang

Post by Fang » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:36 am

You mean the red "Highway Patrol" ones in QLD? Nah.. havent seen them.. :lol:

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:41 am

i have seen 2 but i want to find one parked n get a photo of my car beside it.....maybe go the whole thing and ask for the lights on too...hehehehe
ImageImage

life is like a game of cricket...at some time you will get hit in the nuts

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:29 am

Thanks OS and Tim, although i would not mind finding out its da Police a little b4 i see his mags :P

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:48 pm

Those aircraft spotters were known as 'Pigs In Space' and were culled about ten years ago - too costly for keeping the planes going.

midnight

Post by midnight » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:28 pm

chubby37 wrote:speaking of cop cars ,has anyone seen the new manaro hiway cruisers....top setup for a rolling disco
No I havent seen any. But I have seen about 5-7 pretty red Holden Monros with pretty stickers and lights on them. And they look fast as well. :roll:

coupe

RTA

Post by coupe » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:07 am

Hey, my old man used to be in charge of the RTA back when they first were in West Oz :oops: :oops: .
I used to make sure i never used his name when i was pulled over.
and i never told people back then, i used to avoid the question. :lol:
Use The Fork Luke

Fury

Post by Fury » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:35 pm

MechaWagon wrote:
Could be worse - on the F3 freeway between Sydney and Newcastle they have spotter planes cruising looking for the cars going faster than the rest (typical traffic speed on the 110 zoned parts of the F3 is about 125, so any one going faster than the main traffic body is moving...)
As far as I know, there is a private contract plane that still spots for the police along this strip. It is based out of Warnervale (1/2 way along the F3 between Sydney and Newie) It's use is to spot very fast drivers that have been reported, so the Highway Patrol can intercept - instead of starting a chase. I believe it is part of a Pilot program (excuse the pun) to curb high speed chases along major arterial roads. The same contractor does the local radio traffic updates in the afternoon , giving the latest trouble spots to the people driving home from work.

A conviction was listed in the Central Coast local paper about 4 months ago. The apparent reason for the plane was officially listed to "report and update on trouble spots and users of the F3 that potentially cause danger to the public:" as I remember :roll:

There are still timing marks painted on the F3 too
Chris :cool:

'88 Vortex AWD turbo with "go hard" attitude -

WRX EJ20G and box , TD05 Turbo and 4.111 running gear.
5 Stud conversion (Crossbred Performance) Multi pot GT Legacy brakes and 17" rims
Plenty of plans... the plans are getting done slowly;).... getting there - NOT! ;)

Kaffine

Post by Kaffine » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:45 pm

The 'cop on the offramp' job came from the UK from what I remember, on the Autobahns when the cars fly by at 150+mph they would speedgun them and a cop porsche would ahve the offramp leading down to the Bahn to pick up speed so they could catch them. I supose with all the high performance WRX's now they have no choise.

p.s. anyone catch the Autobarn drift comp at Malalar on the weekend it was on 10 or sbs if I remember. Go Beau Yates
2006 the year of the Subaru 8)
sofar completed: Rear bumper replaced, central locking, next weber conversion.

Return to “Open Slather”