Milky bar kid strikes again

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
Outback bloke

Milky bar kid strikes again

Post by Outback bloke » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:15 pm

Good one Mr Rudd. Thanks so much. Top idea fighting inflation by upping the tax on pre-mixed drinks. I didn't want to enjoy a cold can after work any more any way. That gutless Mr Howard was too soft on us wasn't he. He should have taxed us much harder all along. Keep that inflation going the way it is. I am in the mood for another recession. You're doing well.

Time already to get rid of this clown.

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:23 pm

took the words out my mouth Brett!

useless suck hole he is!

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:34 pm

Drunk kids won't give a stuff about paying another dollar per drink!!! Mathematics doesn't come to the fore when you're full of soup and bad manners on the weekend...

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:43 pm

tax cuts only to get additional taxes..what a system

who the hell voted for him neway
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

dibs

Post by dibs » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:10 pm

NOT MEEEEEEEEEEEE . dibs

CPOCSM

Post by CPOCSM » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:35 pm

subybrumby wrote:Drunk kids won't give a stuff about paying another dollar per drink!!! Mathematics doesn't come to the fore when you're full of soup and bad manners on the weekend...

Just means they have to knock that little bit more off out of my wallet or rob a couple of more houses...I didnt vote for Cruddy nor will the people who put him there in the first place come the next election...they are all crooked...and he has just lost the youth vote too...hahahahaha
Rob Forsyth

fredsub

Post by fredsub » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:00 am

CPOCSM wrote:.... nor will the people who put him there in the first place come the next election...they are all crooked...and he has just lost the youth vote too...hahahahaha
hope your right, but there is still a lot of sheep that think the sky is falling down - aka its now climate change!! (going by geological history, an ice age is more likely within 1000yrs, even thats a 1 in 500 chance...)
but we WILL run out of petrochemical sources we can pump from the ground, so there will be nuclear power in the future, so there is still a lot of dills that need to get there head out of their rs.

We can only hope we don't as typically need to suffer excruciating pain before we change the government back to sensibility.
BTW,if I ever met Howard i'd be damned pissed with him, cause that pineapple head should have resigned years ago, its all his fault we have to bear the tossers of the labour party now.

PeeJay

Post by PeeJay » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:28 pm

fredsub wrote:BTW,if I ever met Howard i'd be damned pissed with him, cause that pineapple head should have resigned years ago, its all his fault we have to bear the tossers of the labour party now.
Hopefully Mr Costello will have 2nd thoughts about leaving politics, he had some good brains that guy.

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:39 pm

just heard today theyre thinknig about a 300% increase in tax on beer and wine.....WTF FOR??

none of this will stop binge drinking.
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

Cam

Post by Cam » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Yay prohibition next? or legal age increased, there'll be riots... with me in them...

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:17 pm

My partner works in a bottleshop and the majority of youths that buy alcohol for parties buy cheap spirits that they can mix themselves or even shot.
Targeting premixed drinks with a 5% alcohol content is ridiculous, containing 95% non-alcohol means you can only drink so many before your tummy fills up.
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:28 pm

as long as they dont touch my 9% mckenna and import becks i dont care! Mmm thirsty now

Alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:39 pm

Yeah I don't rekon it will stop binge drinking.
People who binge drink will simply accept that it now costs more money and skimp on spending in other areas of their lives if required.
The main thing this will cause is outrage amongst people who enjoy these drinks in moderation.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:42 pm

It is getting worse isn't it? 300% rise on tax. Beyond just being stupid it is criminal. If the petrol companies decided they wanted 300% more profit there would be hell to pay but it seems it is ok for the "government for the people" to put their hand in my back pocket and take what they like.

Any one point me in the direction of a still?

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:04 pm

look here brett....
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:08 pm

I don't agree with this either, I think there are much smarter ways of going about this, however Rudd hasn't lost my vote...

*I don't know anything bout politics and wont pretend to, but not seeing that blithering, Xenophobic old man Howard on my telly screen...

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:10 am

Alex wrote:as long as they dont touch my 9% mckenna and import becks i dont care! Mmm thirsty now

Alex
well actually alex, ryan told me the other day that they are taking the 9%ers off the shelves soon because the alchol content is more than 2 std drinks. stock up buddy!

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:02 am

Well he could have put the prices up on beer , cigs, bread, milk or up the price more on fuel instead of the pop drinks .. would that make anyone feel better.Alcohol as far as i am concerned is a luxury not a necessity .How else is the government going to get back the dollars spent to send the troops over sea's.
As for the price of fuel. I personally see it as a way to get the dollars for the troops over sea's ,,and the price the fuel company's are asking. If the company's ask a price for fuel , ya have to pay it . What are you going to do. Not buy it.

That is where the fuel company's have us by the short and curly's.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

subiwidow

Post by subiwidow » Thu May 01, 2008 6:07 am

As for the price of fuel. I personally see it as a way to get the dollars for the troops over sea's ,,and the price the fuel company's are asking. If the company's ask a price for fuel , ya have to pay it . What are you going to do. Not buy it.

I didn't realize the fuel companies gave any money to help out with the troops, I was under the impression they were making them selves very rich. Weren't the troops meant to be comming home ages ago. :???:

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Thu May 01, 2008 6:19 am

Yep, another Rudd policy to get the troops home. I wonder what percentage of the people that voted for him fell for that one.

I always thought that it was meant to be the working class people that the Labour party represented yet it is that working class person that they are now putting in most trouble. New taxes, higher cost of living, unstable economy, down turn in the building industry are all leading to one thing. Higher unemployment, families losing homes and at the worst another recession.

Seems that "Xenophobic old man Howard" and that disgusting Mr Costello may just have been doing things right. Pity there was so many non-thinking voters around last election that picked the PM on looks and charisma rather than policy and past performance.

Let's just hope that the memory bank is working next time the elections roll around.

Return to “Open Slather”