few announcements.

Go wild here with what ever takes your fancy ...
vidler
General Member

few announcements.

Post by vidler » Thu May 01, 2008 6:37 pm

yeah got a few things to tell everyone, whilst i was in QLD (surfers paradise), i proposed to the girlfriend of 4 and a bit years, did this while zorb balling (inside a giant blow up ball filled with water rolling down a hill:) she said yes so now im engaged...

also put an offer on a house and that was accepted so going through the final stages of getting finance (cross fingers) and then i'll also be a home owner. That happens to be just around the corner of subarino's new residence:)

house needs some work coz its a reposessed druggie house thats been run down a bit, but should come up a treat:)

so lots of action in my corner at the moment.
09 Forester XT Touring Wagon

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu May 01, 2008 6:57 pm

Congratulations Jay!

Good luck on the finance, Subarine might put some funds forward to get "his" metal fabricator closer to him ;)

Well done once again, all the best for the future.

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Thu May 01, 2008 6:58 pm

Congratulations and congratulations.

So have you set a date?

Buying a house is probably one of the best decisions you will ever make
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Thu May 01, 2008 7:37 pm

congrats mate, so did you have a ring??
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Thu May 01, 2008 7:39 pm

big congrats Jay!!

All the best to you and your otherhalf for the future!

Alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Thu May 01, 2008 8:06 pm

Congratulations to you both.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Thu May 01, 2008 8:11 pm

well well well!!! finally stepped up and acted like a man!!!(joking :)) congradulations from stace and i

will be round to check out the new house dont u worry ;)

dave
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Thu May 01, 2008 8:12 pm

Congrats to you two.
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Fri May 02, 2008 8:51 am

thanks to all for congrats etc. Yeah had a ring, saved up in secret in an attached account ive had for years. Got one custom made from a few idea's she'd given me. just about lost it in the zorb ball though, opened the box upside down:)

house isn't confirmed at this stage, waiting to hear about finance but that shouldnt be a problem, then after that they have to inspect and approve the house, going through keystart which is a government assisted scheme for first home buyers etc.

in between finance ind inspection ill be round there cleaning up the gardens making it a bit more presentable.

then i just need to find somewhere to put a nice big shed on it. got side access with undercover parking for about 4 cars and a 3x3m brick workshop attached to the back of that, but thats no where near big enough for all my crap:) behind that is a big space, but its up about a metre, so i think im gonna have to demolish the current storage shed, get a bob cat and dig out that level, smack in a retaining wall, put a pad down and whack a shed on it:) or something along those lines.

my brains ticking overtime at the moment.

PS, the Gold Coast is SO much more fun than perth. run a muck for 6 days solid, went to all the theme parks, went to the Draculus show (themed resuraunt with show, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED), had a heap of brilliant food, had cocktails in -10 degrees out of ice cups, went to INFINITY (a cool laser show with mirrors everywhere). Definately jealous of the constant surf and general life style. Will be visiting again for sure.

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Fri May 02, 2008 9:24 am

Congratulations Jay and Caitlin, wishing you a happy and prosperous future together.

Congratulations and kudos on getting approved for a house, huge step in the right direction there too.
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Fri May 02, 2008 3:39 pm

if u need a bobcat and truck you know my phone number jay ;)
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Fri May 02, 2008 8:08 pm

Congratulations to you both

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Fri May 02, 2008 8:19 pm

Suparoo wrote:Congratulations and congratulations.

Buying a house is probably one of the best decisions you will ever make
Congratulations to both you and your Fiancee mate! :cool:

Deciding which Suby to buy is a better decision to have to make :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Peter

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:17 am

all my house stuff has been approved, getting the keys on the 24th, moved in by the 7th july, then going crazy with a sledgie in the bathroom straight away.

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:22 am

vidler wrote:all my house stuff has been approved, getting the keys on the 24th, moved in by the 7th july, then going crazy with a sledgie in the bathroom straight away.
hey wow Jay I must have missed this thread. Congrats to you both, it's a long time coming! Good luck with the new house too. Be careful with the sledge hammer plans, I know about those, make sure you have everything you need to rebuild it BEFORE you start knocking it down :)

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:53 pm

Dracula's restaurant on the GC is absolutely amazing, ive been 3 times now.

Got some pics of the house before you start knocking it down?

Also,... BEWARE of ASBESTOS in old houses.

The best way to identify asbestos is it looks like fibro, but has a 'golf ball' like pattern on the back. It also is more brittle and doesnt break away in layers like fibro does.

If your gonna be demolishing asbestos, best bet is to grab yourself a good quality respirator (the ones with the round filters) and wet all the walls before you start. (make sure you turn off the power before you drag the garden hose inside!) Then when you finish, jump in the shower with your clothes still on to wet any dust that may have collected on your clothes before you remove them

You can never be too careful

Good luck
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:07 pm

Suparoo wrote:Dracula's restaurant on the GC is absolutely amazing, ive been 3 times now.

Got some pics of the house before you start knocking it down?

Also,... BEWARE of ASBESTOS in old houses.

The best way to identify asbestos is it looks like fibro, but has a 'golf ball' like pattern on the back. It also is more brittle and doesnt break away in layers like fibro does.

If your gonna be demolishing asbestos, best bet is to grab yourself a good quality respirator (the ones with the round filters) and wet all the walls before you start. (make sure you turn off the power before you drag the garden hose inside!) Then when you finish, jump in the shower with your clothes still on to wet any dust that may have collected on your clothes before you remove them

You can never be too careful

Good luck
i might pinch a full face respirator from work if i come across any. its all brick and tile inside and out, nothing i've seen so far resembles what could be asbestos but i know they used to put it an paint, concrete, mortar etc etc back in the day.

Hey andrew, what was that builder you used and would you recommend him? looking at taking out a wall. unsure if its a weight bearing wall till we get the plans off the coucil

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:58 pm

seems like ive missed this thread completely too- congrats Jay and Caity. Life changing year for ya, all the best.

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:38 pm

okay so we got the keys about 4pm this arvo. dropped off and unloaded trailer load number 1, got the front and back lawn mowed and whipper snippered, raked up a crap load of leaves, filled the bin with sh1t ready for bin day. looks a heap better already. Flying out in the morning so cant do much else till wednesday next week, but will be assaulting it pretty hard for 6 days solid. Got an electrician coming this saturday for safety check, replace the old ceramic fuses with circuit breakers, wire in a heat light and fan in the bathroom, 15a outlet in the shed for my welders.

I gotta climb in the roof with a rubbish bag and rip out the security camera cables n stuff.

Ill post some pics next week when the garden is done.

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:46 pm

*claps*

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

Return to “Open Slather”