Sell FS: '97 JDM Outback with goodies

Got something to sell ? Put it in here ...
ScubyRoo

Sell FS: '97 JDM Outback with goodies

Post by ScubyRoo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:34 am

My JDM '97 Outback is up for sale as I am moving overseas. A very very very regretful sale after investing a lot of time and money into this car. It is only a few steps away from being a very capable machine.

It has been used as an offroad vehicle, and has its issues, thus the low selling price. Rego expires June 29th and I will not be renewing it. 335,000km on the odometer. Located in Frankston, Victoria.

Price is $6000, open to offers. There is some custom work I can do for you, and if you want this done it will be a few hundred more to cover the cost of materials.

Please note this car is a hail-damaged vehicle. As you will be able to see in the photos, the damage is hardly noticable, however it means that you will only be able to get 3rd party insurance from most companies (unless you get the hail damage fixed). I didn't mind as it's a bush car, not a show car and I drive carefully these days.

Things that need fixing:
  • Gearbox front diff is on its way out. $250 and a few hours work will see an SF5 forest box from the wreckers in this car and your problem is solved.
  • Rear suspension bushings need replacing
  • Front left suspension top securing nut thread is deteriorating, needs to be tightened every few weeks
  • Hole in exhaust somewhere, not noticeable in cab, nor can you smell anything outside, just a slight puffing sound on idle.
  • Rough idle – doesn't affect the drive, just rough when stationary – likely caused by below
  • No reverse lights – I wired the switches wrong when I replaced the last gearbox so idle switch and reverse switch are incorrect. This would be fixed when installing a new gearbox.
  • Cruise control (aftermarket) is intermittent – easily fixed by resoldering the connections or sending to a sparky if you don't know how to do it.
  • Crack in windscreen (quoted $250 from National Windscreens for a new one)
  • Missing rear bumper (note below)
  • Front left seatbelt doesn't retract easily (needs to be fed)
The rear bumper was torn off by a trailer accident and a nasty water bar. You have two options – custom rear tire carrier for extra money (it's half finished at the moment), or the standard rear bumper from a wreckers.

Things that make this car unique:
JDM features such as:
Heated mirrors that also fold
  • Dual electric sunroofs
  • Climate control
  • JDM cluster
  • Cargo net that is based out of the rear seats – never seen anything like it in ADM cars, it's awesome! Great for camping.
  • 2.5L JDM engine - runs well, lots of torque - platnum NGK plugs don't need to be changed for another 75,000k (same as timing belt). Burns a little bit of oil, I change at 5000km so usually doesn't bother me.
Modifications:
  • Hard core bull bar made by Irving in WA – airbag compliant, fully legal – worth about $2000 and no longer available.
  • Roolite 180 spotties - great lights, excellent performance.
  • Phillips +50% bulbs installed in headlights
  • Custom hand made metal radiator protector/fascia under bull bar – greatly improves approach angle, I haven't seen another one like (because I made it). Est. value $500
  • Sump guard which covers front of car to jack plate – custom made, steel, EXTREMELY strong. Est. value $350
  • MY00 wrx 16” wheels – clear 4 pots. Worth $600
  • 5x 215/65/16 (largest legal size) Geolandar AT-S all terrain tyres with 90% tread left – Worth over $1000
  • HD King Springs all around (I think they're worth about $600?)
  • Converted to 4.11 drive to accommodate for increased tire size. Tyre/4.11 combination has been carefully considered and IMO is perfect.
  • All body spacers required for a 2” body lift (custom made to measure by a friend, these replace all existing spacers to create a 2” lift in addition to existing spacers; i.e. existing 1” spacer is replaced by new 3” spacer and so on – you just need bolts). This isn't available commercially, priceless!
  • Tow bar
  • VLSD rear diff (not installed) included with car.
  • Rear diff breather tube into cargo area
  • Cargo area tie down points
  • Dark legal tint
  • Pioneer head unit with direct control on iPods (not iPhones though) and 2x AUX. Good quality JVC front speakers with splits, cheap sony x-plods in rear.
Note: the lift kit does not include the strut tops. I still need to make these, can will do so for a bit of extra cash to cover the cost of the steel and my time worth it.

Pictures:
(please note the roof racks are not included)

My handywork... The headers you can just see there (also JDM) are covered when the sump guard is installed:

MY00 wrx wheels (clear 4 pots) with 215/65/16 Geolander AT-S tires:

Climate control and Pioneer head unit:

JDM Cluster with 335,000km

Please contact as below:
Owen Fidler
owenfidler @ gmail . com
0406 003 763

Return to “For Sale”