Leone Royal 4wd Sedan

Got something to sell ? Put it in here ...
whatcharterboat

Leone Royal 4wd Sedan

Post by whatcharterboat » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:02 pm

Hi,

Have had this car on the road for about 6 years now but it's time to go........simply not getting enough use out of it anymore. It's still ultra reliable and just came back from a fun week on Fraser ..... awesome in sand.

It is starting to get some rust in it and I don't have the time to keep on top of it so I am not going to provide a RWC. It is for sale as is ...... Suitable for wrecking or would still do up well to keep on the road.

* 5 x Freshly powdercoated 14" Speedy wheels
* 5 x 205/70r/14 tyres. About 10,000kms only on these tyres.
* King Springs front and rear.
* Munroe Gas rear shocks. Longer units from 2wd.
* GME TX 3340 UHF radio concealed in dash. Handpiece comes out of the centre console.
* HID Headlight conversion
* 580mm double row LED light bar.
* Custom front tube bar w/recovery and Hi-lift points. LED blinkers. Made ready to take a winch.
* Custom rear tube bar w/ recovery and Hi-lift points. 2" receiver with 50mm tow bar.
* Secure Hi-lift bracket at rear.
* Rear mounted spare wheel and fibreglass coverplate with trailer socket and LED stop light and LED rego plate lights. If you want to carry Mtn bikes on the back, this coverplate can be moved behind the bikes so the rego plate is not obscured.
* 2 1/4" exhaust system with S/S muffler. Sounds really sweet. Tucked up high and out of the way.
* Twin LED work lights that mount on a 3m extension pole to illuminate a campsite. Pole bracket fixed on rear bumper.
* Rubber flares.
* Lambswool seat covers.

Photos taken last weekend below.

Happy to post more photos if required. Price will depend on how much gear the owner wants to take with the car. Obviously the UHF, lightbar, work lights, etc cost quite a bit to replace and I am happy to keep them if it helps get someone into the car at a lower price.

The gearbox and diff have been replaced in the last couple of years. All the CV shafts have been replaced not too long ago and are in good condition. The motor doesn't use a drop of oil between changes. I replaced the heater core not too long ago and it works extremely well. The Royales have ducted hot air into the back foot well too.

This was originally a 2wd Leone Royale ( 7/88 ) and I transferred all the running gear from a '87 4wd Dual-range manual L-series wagon . The 2wd Royale has much better seats than the old wagon too.

It does have some rust but easy to get at. Needs a speedo cable. The AC has been disconnected. The hood lining is now loose.

It is currently still registered and can be test driven. Plenty of spares included. Located in Noosa.

Please PM me for further details.

Kind regards
John.

Willy Fisterbottom

Post by Willy Fisterbottom » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:19 pm

That looks cool.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:01 pm

Like a seagull to a hot chip ....err, thought you were gonna buy this Willy :p ...my bad ...

Willy Fisterbottom

Post by Willy Fisterbottom » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:30 am

steptoe wrote:Like a seagull to a hot chip ....err, thought you were gonna buy this Willy :p ...my bad ...
I'm too busy buying all the Fuglies....

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:28 pm

That's a great looking L Series Sedan :) I wish you all the best with the sale and I hope that she goes to someone that will really look after her.

The mightly L Series will always have my heart <3
ImageImageImage
2012 Subaru Forester - 2.0D Premium ~ 2002 Subaru Forester - Limited (Lifted)

87rxturbo

nice

Post by 87rxturbo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:27 pm

Love the bar work,i think the front and rear would look good on mine with the spare wheel carrier and led's:)

87rxturbo

Post by 87rxturbo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:29 pm

87rxturbo wrote:Love the bar work,i think the front and rear would look good on mine with the spare wheel carrier and led's:)
not on my old red RX,i meant my wagon.

87rxturbo

Post by 87rxturbo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:40 pm

I have been toying with the idea of the twin tubes myself,preferably in chrome molly to keep the weight down over the front end, yes its not cheap,but every bit of weight saved is performance gained . Same with the LED light bar ,less wind resistance,less overhang to get caught up on off-road,and from what i've heard they perform plenty well enough for my needs. It also modernizes the style of it without making it look too agricultural which i like.

whatcharterboat

Post by whatcharterboat » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:13 pm

87rxturbo wrote:I have been toying with the idea of the twin tubes myself,preferably in chrome molly to keep the weight down over the front end, yes its not cheap,but every bit of weight saved is performance gained . Same with the LED light bar ,less wind resistance,less overhang to get caught up on off-road,and from what i've heard they perform plenty well enough for my needs. It also modernizes the style of it without making it look too agricultural which i like.
The LED bar is great especially with the HID headlights for some distance. The LED bars don't penetrate very far but the detail you can see in the first 100 metres or so is incredible but they do penetrate a long way into the bush on the side of the road. So much better for spotting roos before they jump. Almost what seems to be 180 degree spread but probably less....very wide angle anyway.

Yeah.... a chromoly bullbar would be a bit of over-capitalisation me thinks. This mild steel tube bar is mega solid but I'm glad I didn't go alloy. I have hit a few things hard and it hasn't budged.

I'm sure the front bar would fit your wagon as is but the rear bar has the spare wheel mount incorporated into it. That would require some modification to make that fit . If the wagon and the sedan run the same OEM bumpers then this one could be cut down to fit easy enough.

Regards
John.

Return to “For Sale”