Turbo Ej18/22 motor and parts QLD

Got something to sell ? Put it in here ...
Insane

Turbo Ej18/22 motor and parts QLD

Post by Insane » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:22 pm

Selling what was going to be a turbo EJ18 motor. I didnt buy any of these parts but I believe them all to be in good condition. (came with my car)

There is a complete EJ18 3 plug with engine section of wiring harness only.
Complete EJ22. Manifold has had bolts removed and timing covers, not sure why.
EJ aftermarket stainless turbo exhaust manifold.
The only turbo i have is an old Leone turbo. was hoping to keep that for building my other motor as a setup dummy till i bought a new one.

An EJ18 has relatively high compression so by putting EJ22 heads on it make a great ratio for running higher boost. Adding that to the aftermarket turbo manifold and a turbo would be fun.

Not sure on price. Ebay prices suggest somewhere around 1k for the manifold and ej18 together but i don't know. open to offers. will put up pics tomorrow, to dark for photos now.

Located Ipswich area QLD, can deliver south east qld if needed.

Insane

Post by Insane » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:54 pm

EJ18 turns freely. belived to be in very good condition
Image[/URL]

EJ20
Image[/URL]

Manifold
Image[/URL]

other crap that might be of use....
Image[/URL]

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Being realistic :

Exhaust manifold : $150 (sold one exactly the same a few weeks ago and thats all I could get for it)

EJ18 : $100 - no-one wants a 1.8 when they can get 2.0 or 2.2 litres

EJ22 manifold : $20 - if you're lucky and don't have to give it away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane

Post by Insane » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:55 pm

Sorry, I wasn't intending to make my fortune on this stuff. It is taking up a sizeable portion of my garage and want it gone. I saw one the same manifold on ebay for 650 with a dump and this one is brand new, same with the ej18 for 400. I figured with a COMPLETE EJ22 thrown in it might be close to the money i suggested. Like I said, open to offers.

Feel free to offer reasonable prices. ie, no $1 for the lot crap please.

Was that an offer?

Insane

Post by Insane » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:02 pm

OK, so, I hate selling stuff. Would rather sell it to someone who knows what they are looking at. I will consider all offers. if no one is interested in the next few days it goes up on the ebays in parts. $600? lower? if you are interested, PM me.

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:03 am

Can you clarify exactly what is forsale?

1 x standard non turbo EJ18 motor complete with wiring, missing timing covers ?

1 x standard turbo EJ20 motor, partially dismantled, missing turbo, timing belt, alternator etc. Unknown year/ version. (photo says ej20 and it looks like an ej20, but the advert says ej22 numerous times??).

1 x stainless ej20 exhaust manifold

1 x other stuff ??

Insane

Post by Insane » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:22 am

Sorry. Complete ej18 but has no timing belt covers could be in this mess somewhere but they aren't on the motor. (there was two Ute loads of parts. If you can find stuff that goes with the motors you can have it. Pretty sure there is at least 1 ecu in here too one sensor has libertywritten on it so Shrug) the ej22 is complete but the inlet manifold bolts have been removed. It has no timing belt or timing belt covers. It must have been originally an auto as the torque converter is still on the back. There is multiple stray parts to go with it if someone takes the lot. Some stuff like coil packs filters and things are new in the box. If someone wants they can come around pick through and offer cash for stuff. There is a stainless steel manifold to suit an Ej. There is also a dump pipe here but it's made of steel and looks like it might be a home made job... There's brake callipers, drive shafts, a full box of wiring harnesses, air boxes, flex plates, throttle bodies, a complete Na ea82 exhaust with turbo tip, a spare radiator, a scorpion rim, ea 4 speed box, and more... No ej20 sorry. I made a typo...

Insane

Post by Insane » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:24 am

Oh, I have seen a couple of power steering pumps but no alternators that I have noticed.

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:41 am

oh right I see, silly me of course it's not a ej20 turbo it's not even DOHC.

okay so it's an n/a EJ18 and an n/a EJ22 and an exhaust manifold and some other stuff.

hey I'd suggest putting up a concise list of everything with a corresponding photo - bits will probably sell like hot cakes then.

1 x ej22 motor, condition description, pic
1 x ej18 motor, condition description, pic
1 x ej exhaust manifold, condition description, pic
1 x throttle body, condition description, pic

you could even use the standard forsale advert template at the top of the forsale thread.

Insane

Post by Insane » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:03 pm

I have two carports full... The list would be about 3A4 pages long without photos. And considering I have no idea how much it's worth or even if some of the stuff belongs to a subaru letalone model year etc.it makes it hard... Thats why I was hoping to sell the bigger stuff and whoever took that could pick through/have the rest. Generally in my experience, unless it's worth over 500 it's not worth the drama of selling by the time you deal with criticism, stupid offers, people wanting parts off complete items etc. And then if something doesent work quite as expected or they break it you have that drama too...

So, the big stuff is listed, sorry for the odd typo. The rest if you think there may be something you want here for cheap cash (any confusion we can ring a wrecker and I'll charge less, maybe half) otherwise the manifold and motors will feature on eBay and the rest will go to the scrappers.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:22 pm

Have a look at how this member made his for sale ad

showthread.php?t=25391

You could do the same with the ad you already have.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Insane

Post by Insane » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:12 pm

Don't worry about it guys. Again, I apologise for not meeting all of your standards. This is why I couldn't be bothered with the small stuff. Had some big stuff, and let you know that if you were local and were after a bargain the small stuff was there... Was trying to offer it to someone who could use it but after this I think I just might to a scrap run. Sorry again.

Could a moderator please delete this thread. This stuff is no longer for sale.

Return to “For Sale”