Discopotato03 out of the ashes .

Got something to sell ? Put it in here ...
discopotato03

Discopotato03 out of the ashes .

Post by discopotato03 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:52 pm

As some of you would remember I had the white series 1 L RX Turbo known as Ellie . I unwittingly killed it with Subarus own upper engine cleaner and over about a year removed the tastier bits and threw the rolling chassis away .
May have seemed like sacrilege but I sunk a lot of time and money into that lil L and no one wanted to pay a token price - even before it perished .

I have been Subaru less for roughly two years but a number of its innards still grace "the cave" .
Remaining is the headless engine , the hybrid Lib/Vort/L DR locking gearbox , the R160LSD , the twin core radiator , front orange blinker lights , stainless exhaust manifold and the Spider modified to take the 3 plug style TB and TPS . I think mine was the only three plug Spider inlet manifold conversion ever made .
Think the tacho gage cluster is here assorted engine mounts .
I think the modified shift rods for that gearbox are here too .
Actually the whole Garrett turbo and crossover system to suit the spider is still here inc the dump/engine pipe .
It can only really be used as a system because things moved and nothing suits the OE components ie different mount and outlet flanges . There may be a couple of Vortex std turbo inlet pipes can't remember .

The hard part is I now work half my life in North WA which makes me even harder to track down .

If anyone's still keen on these bits I will look in here more often but I would prefer Sydney or NSW buyers because my time is limited .

Keen to get a Liberty for my wife to drive but needs to be 2nd hand and under 100,000 km . And manual and a white sedan .

Take care , cheers Adrian in Sydney .

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:01 am

have you picked up any picture transfer skills in your absence ? also nice to see you back and not lost your writing skills :)

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:38 am

the hybrid Lib/Vort/L DR locking gearbox , the R160LSD, what ratios and how much for the individual items? Especially the the R160LSD.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

FujiFan

Post by FujiFan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:49 pm

G'day Disco

I have been trying to get hold of you through coxy for the best part of two years now regarding some of these parts... Wondering wtf.

So now that you have cleared up your AWOL status lol, perhaps you could flick me a pm :)

Im located in the central coast, so easy enough for me to get to Syd.

Regards

J.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Damn, that clsd would be my pick of the gear too!

All the best with the re-homing of your old skool precious parts - and I don't mean that in jest either!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Is that R160 a rare clutch-LSD or a common viscus one? doesn't say...

discopotato03

Post by discopotato03 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:11 pm

Clutch plate OEM RX Turbo .

A .

discopotato03

Post by discopotato03 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:22 pm

I think a couple of years ago I was asking ~ 650 for the OE clutch R160 diff . Sounds steep but this is a complete bolt in assembly ready to go .
Rocking horse doo doo .

That gearbox cost me 1350 and I'm thinking a grand isn't unreasonable considering it is a hybrid of three Vortex Gen 1 Lib and L casings .
It comes with an unmolested rear exhaust mount and a complete set of modified shift and steady rods .
And it has the shift diaphragm and cable and I think I have or had a couple of sets of solenoids .
These transmissions make a world of difference to an effectively FrWD L or MY . Suddenly not a skipping screeching understeering POS any more .
Mine has the low non turbo L low range gears in it too .

A .

FujiFan

Post by FujiFan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:47 pm

Gday

Im still interested in some of those Ellie parts. Exhaust manifold, rear diff, Transmission.

Jay

vk3fjmh

Post by vk3fjmh » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:10 am

hi its james im after a vortex spider manifold do you still have yours and what parts are still for sale my mobile number is 0407 031 231

wagonist

Post by wagonist » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Would be very interested in the LSD & radiator.
I'm also often going up the Pac Hwy to SE Qld, so if someone wants something transported, could work out something.

I've seen 2 spider manifolds with 3 pin TPS, though these were still using the original throttle body on earlier cars with "black" ECU. wired up so that the full throttle switch becomes the idle switch, and vice versa. More difficult when wanting to use the later potentiometer type TPS like I'm trying to do...
Current rides:
JDM GTII Touring wagon
88 RX Turbo Full-time 4wd touring wagon project - 97 Toyota Caldina GTT (turbo 4wd WRX eater:twisted:) - Hyundai Excel Rally Car:confused::???:
Previous rides:
93 Legacy GT wagon - 85 RX Turbo Full time 4wd Touring Wagon - 85 GL AWD sedan
96 Toyota Caldina wagon

coxy

Post by coxy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:39 pm

wagonist wrote:Would be very interested in the LSD & radiator.
I'm also often going up the Pac Hwy to SE Qld, so if someone wants something transported, could work out something.

I've seen 2 spider manifolds with 3 pin TPS, though these were still using the original throttle body on earlier cars with "black" ECU. wired up so that the full throttle switch becomes the idle switch, and vice versa. More difficult when wanting to use the later potentiometer type TPS like I'm trying to do...
Which is what Adrian did on his spider manifold conversion, He still has that engine done about maybe 80K since a full rebuild by Arther Jackson ex Road and Rally Centre Datsun Guru when he was working with Stewart Wilkins out Richmond way a few years back, That EA is too good to waste and I believe he still has the Clutch plate RX LSD and I know he still has the AWD locking centre diff L series low range box that was overhauled about the same mileage as the engine give or take a little.

He should be back from the Pilbarra probably Mid January been gone about a week roughly.

vk3fjmh

Post by vk3fjmh » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:09 pm

hi *its james im after a vortex spider manifold do you still have yours and what parts are still for sale my mobile number is 0407 031 231

vk3fjmh

Post by vk3fjmh » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:01 pm

hi what do you still have for sale

Return to “For Sale”