For Sale: 1976 2wd wagon

Got something to sell ? Put it in here ...
mattw

For Sale: 1976 2wd wagon

Post by mattw » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:00 am

Item............................... 1976 2wd wagon

Description......................
In the interest of fairness, I am posting here as I have in the FB page. I'll try to get some photos up here, which isn't always easy. My ausubaru FB post now has all the pics currently available. I'd like to see this go to someone in the Suby community as a project or in support of a project, not being scrapped or parted out in the local wreckers.
Below is as posted on FB:
It is much better than I was lead to believe. It has some of the usual rust, and an interesting home spun maintenance history by the one owner from new, so don't expect everything to be as built. His ingenuity is seriously impressive. It has only just come off the road before Christmas (although is not really roadworthy in its current state), after towing a boat to Morgan and back. It is a late 76 car (so 77 spec), has had an engine and gearbox replacement in the past, with a more recent EA71. Historians will know about small end bearing issues in the early engines apparently. Engine and gearbox are very nice, the car drives beautifully despite a blown tie rod end making it wander. The original box is included. I am now the owner, but I'm out to help get a good price for the old guy, not make a profit myself. Offers and discussions via FB messenger, forum PM here, or email emmatt99@gmail.com

Condition........................... Great for its age, and 380xxx kms of conquering the world. Does have an interesting mix of home spun maintenance and mods. My grandpa would be proud.....

Location ..........................Adelaide SA

Price................................reasonable offers considered

Contact ............................ via PM here, Messenger via the FB page, or emmatt99@gmail.com

I am open to conversation of what a reasonable price may be, and offers. I nominally own the car, but DO NOT have a financial interest in the outcome. I'm doing a favour for an old fella who could do with the funds, so don't bust my arse about not declaring an asking value, and ignoring low ball offers.
Attachments
sP1010008.jpg
sP1010008.jpg (106.88 KiB) Viewed 3477 times

mattw

Post by mattw » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:09 am

engine bay
Attachments
sP1010004.jpg
sP1010004.jpg (104.29 KiB) Viewed 3470 times

Willy Fisterbottom

Post by Willy Fisterbottom » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:28 am

Hi Matt.

As per the fb post, can we have a ball park figure?

Cheers ☺

Nubaru

Post by Nubaru » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:49 am

Goodness !! There would certainly be a big number on this - like 50 cents a kilo. Whatever the old guy gets for this is not likely to affect his pension payments much :D Tell him not to spend it all in advance ! It is in need of a good soda blast to gently separate the paint from the rust and remaining Japanese steel. I bet it has that smell of rust from ten feet ?
member since 10january2014 #6191

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:19 pm

uh oh.....Willy is salivating :D

mattw

Post by mattw » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:29 pm

Nubaru wrote:Goodness !! There would certainly be a big number on this - like 50 cents a kilo. Whatever the old guy gets for this is not likely to affect his pension payments much :D Tell him not to spend it all in advance ! It is in need of a good soda blast to gently separate the paint from the rust and remaining Japanese steel. I bet it has that smell of rust from ten feet ?
Bit harsh!
It was going to the scrap metal yard but I thought I'd save it for the enthusiasts amongst us. I suggest it's worth more than scrap value to someone looking for a parts car, and if it gives the guy a few dollars more than he got from me, then he's happy. The rust that's showing is pretty much all there is, so it is still pretty solid but I doubt anyone out there will be buying it for a resto project. If it were a Gen 1 Brumby on the other hand, it would be staying with me

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:44 pm

I dunno, those old wagons back end is just a bit too ugly for my liking :neutral:
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

mattw

Post by mattw » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:59 pm

Yeah, I'm a bit so so on these too. I'd jump at a sedan or coupe as a base for a project. I'd kill for a gen 1 Brumby.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

mattw

Post by mattw » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:08 pm

By the way, in response to the multiple requests for a price I've wacked up $500 ono on the FB post. As before, open to reasonable offers. Only catch is the old fella now wants to keep the tyres (only the tyres, not the wheels) for his boat trailer. Probably figures they're worth more than the car??? I may be able to help with local logistics if required.

mattw

Post by mattw » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:09 pm

SOLD to the guy with the funny hat. 😉

Return to “For Sale”