14 inch 4-nut rims x 6, rusted, with rubber, as set or will split. A.C.T.

Got something to sell ? Put it in here ...
cooloothin

14 inch 4-nut rims x 6, rusted, with rubber, as set or will split. A.C.T.

Post by cooloothin » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:58 pm

UPDATE - see Gumtree ad for more specifics and extra pics. Scroll for link in comments.

Item............................... 14 inch 4-nut rims x 6, with rubber, as set or will split

Description...................... 185/70/14. 2 near new 4mm+ tread, 2 used 2mm+, 1 bald spare, 1 brand new spare. 2x 9yo speedy rims, 4x older-than-that similar rims. 2x dunlop, 2x daytona, 1x bridgestone turanza, 1x something.. will check last one again later.

Condition........................... see pics. Rims rusted. :neutral:

Location .......................... canberra [edit: can deliver in 350km radius]

Price................................ neg. Would have sold them 100ea before the rust fiasco. There's probably $400 in rubber here, and a steal if you're willing to sandblast the rims or use as is. If split, price would depend on condition of the ones you want

Contact ............................ by forum on this thread or pm

i bought 4 of them from waggaClint on here in 2007 for $400 including good rubber, and did about 5000k around nw wa over two weeks in 2007. mostly bitumen in the end. a few hundred k of dirt. so they're still pretty good. they've literally sat in the shed since as I'm disorganized and dreamed of still using them til I parted with my ea81 in 2013 :( i also bought two brand new rims and tyres to match at the time in 07.

The tragic part is they weren't sitting on sealed concrete, and I put a laminate board over the top and used it as a shelf. When I finally lifted the board after a few years I found moisture had created a seal between the rubber and laminate, and the rims started rusting. Wish I had before shots but its rhetorical now. Hot tip, store your rims somewhere dry.

Bald on top, new on bottom

'new' speedy rims on left, sunnies other four.

Just some evidence of tyre use
RIP: stock '84 Sportswagon 4sp SR (sold after 13 years loyal service, to the wreckers for $100 :( )

'08 79V Forester X 5sp DR + subaxtreme bullbar, sump guard, Yoko geo ATS, kybs & 1inch kings (daily driver and go-anywhere tourer)

coopa1

Post by coopa1 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:56 am

Are these rims and tyres still for sale

cooloothin

Post by cooloothin » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:17 pm

coopa1 wrote:Are these rims and tyres still for sale
Hi coopa1, yes they are. Ask away if you have questions or pm me.
RIP: stock '84 Sportswagon 4sp SR (sold after 13 years loyal service, to the wreckers for $100 :( )

'08 79V Forester X 5sp DR + subaxtreme bullbar, sump guard, Yoko geo ATS, kybs & 1inch kings (daily driver and go-anywhere tourer)

cooloothin

Post by cooloothin » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:20 pm

cooloothin wrote:Hi coopa1, yes they are. Ask away if you have questions or pm me.
Your profile says wodonga.. I could trailer them that far for a reasonable offer.

Sent from Tapatalk

cooloothin

Post by cooloothin » Wed May 11, 2016 9:08 am

After low interest on here - coopa1 I didn't hear back from you unless Pump aren't working thru Tapatalk app - these are now on gumtree with more info and split prices

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/curtin/w ... 1112600872

set price: $300

Sent from Tapatalk

cooloothin

Post by cooloothin » Wed May 11, 2016 9:09 am

Bah.. PMs not pump. Thanks autocorrect.

Sent from Tapatalk

cooloothin

Post by cooloothin » Sun May 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Turns out a lot of the tired look of these was grime. Here's a half/half shot after some work with a green plastic kitchen scourer and some car wash. Image

Return to “For Sale”