master cylinder

For those seeking stuff - put your add here ...
edb

master cylinder

Post by edb » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:38 pm

hi
looking for amaster cylinder for brumby 1990
anyone?
thankes

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:51 pm

I have one complete with a booster but Im in WA. Can't you get a rebuild kit for it?

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:30 am

I also have one (or 2) in WA :)

You should also be able to source one from any MY Series wagon, sedan or coupe with vented front discs (from memory 83 onwards) or any Gen2 Brumby up to 92.

Have you looked in the 'For Sale' section? and/or Gumtree?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

edb

Post by edb » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:35 am

Can you get a rebuild kit for it?

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:08 am

Man, there is or was a resleeve service that REPCO used to ,maybe still, sent brake stuff to so you get a stainless steel resleeve and kit through almost any hydraulic brake component - was Lismore, but look up brake resleeving services, or any good brake centre can get it sent off or do a simple rekit in house

Proton mouse

Post by Proton mouse » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:30 am

Have had a few master cylinders and boosters reconditioned over the years by BHSS here in Brisbane. I've always been happy with their work. They list a subsidiary distributor in Lismore so wonder if it is the same as you speak of Steptoe?

http://www.bhss.com.au/Default.htm

coxy

Post by coxy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:05 pm

My experience with resleeving is people who once did it do not even admit to having done it these days.

If the cylinder is OK kits are available and I use a Dremel with a polishing mop to polish the inside of the cylinder because you cannot hone an alloy cylinder it is the wrong finish, but a polished finish is perfect.

Always change Brake Fluid every 12 months because it is Hygroscopic which means it absorbs water and that causes the corrosion.

Another tip is when a master cylinder is old do not bleed it by stroking full length of the cylinder as any wear lip will then destroy the seals, open the bleed nipples and using a clean 600mlk Coke etc bottle full of brake fluid it can be upended into the Fluid reservoir and will not spill over but will keep the fluid topped up.

Then just allow gravity to do it's job and wash the spilt fluid off with water when finished works every time and saves the cylinder from seal failure on an older vehicle.

MY-Wagon

Would an 84 Wagon one be the same?

Post by MY-Wagon » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:16 pm

I have an 84 wagon master cylinder that I just took out to swap for a liberty one. It was working when I took it out. I am still using the vacuum booster though.
I'm in brisbane north

Return to “Wanted”