Outback trailing arm mounts (97-99)

For those seeking stuff - put your add here ...
Liberty Valance

Outback trailing arm mounts (97-99)

Post by Liberty Valance » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:58 pm

I am happy to pay for parts and postage.

Required to push rear wheels further back on a lifted Gen 1 Liberty.

Subaman

Post by Subaman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:04 pm

Hey mate, if you cant find second hand ones, get in touch with 'frog' here on the message board and see what he can do for you, they arent all that expensive for a new set, the part numbers are
2 0 5 2 0 A C 0 3 0 ----- RH
2 0 5 2 0 A C 0 4 0 ----- LH

Cheers Grant

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:23 am

Theres one in wreckers in melb - if you still havent got them yet let me know
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

Liberty Valance

Post by Liberty Valance » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:34 am

I was just about to message Frog but I do like the idea of finding parts from a wreck. I will PM you to discuss.

Liberty Valance

Post by Liberty Valance » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:41 am

Subaman wrote:Hey mate, if you cant find second hand ones, get in touch with 'frog' here on the message board and see what he can do for you, they arent all that expensive for a new set, the part numbers are
2 0 5 2 0 A C 0 3 0 ----- RH
2 0 5 2 0 A C 0 4 0 ----- LH

Cheers Grant
Thanks Grant, I will certainly get in touch with Frog if I can't find a used set.

By the way is that a First Gen Liberty in your avatar pic?
What size tyres are you running?

I currently have 215/60/16's on my sedan but want to go BFG 215/70's which is the reason I need the outback trailing arm mounts.

FROG
General Member

Post by FROG » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:31 pm

$60.30 each side
showing 1 x LH in stock at warehouse the right hand nil stock but Ive found one at another dealer so add a little postage for me to get it here
pm replied to also
ImageImageImageImageImage
GRAB THE VIN FROM DONOR VEHICLES
AUSubaru member specials
Brumby EA81 Oil Pump kit (4 x 'o'rings + gasket) posted Australia wide $22!
Brumby sloppy shifter bush kit $44 posted
email me
http://www.domsmotors.com.au
NOW DISTRIBUTING FOR SUBAXTREME BASH PLATES, NUDGE AND BULLBARS

woody.t

Post by woody.t » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:41 pm

Liberty Valance wrote:Thanks Grant, I will certainly get in touch with Frog if I can't find a used set.

By the way is that a First Gen Liberty in your avatar pic?
What size tyres are you running?

I currently have 215/60/16's on my sedan but want to go BFG 215/70's which is the reason I need the outback trailing arm mounts.
you'll need a lift kit aswell i'd say man.. i have 215/65 bridgestone at/r's on just outbacks struts and lifted springs with the trailing arms and it's really close.
"the wisest of men followed the stars"
<a href="http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthrea ... 200">CHLOE THE LIBERTY</a>
to do list:
-3" strut, 2" body lift uni mid-year break

Liberty Valance

Post by Liberty Valance » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:26 pm

woody.t wrote:you'll need a lift kit aswell i'd say man.. i have 215/65 bridgestone at/r's on just outbacks struts and lifted springs with the trailing arms and it's really close.
Hi Woody,

I am already running a 50mm body lift, SG Forester springs on KYB Stuts and 16" rims from a GT forester.
This has resulted in 6 inches of lift so the 215/70/16's should fit under the body !

Now it's just a case of recentering the rear wheels which I'm hoping to do with different trailing arm mounts.
I though it would be nice if someone who is running the same setup could confirm if outback mounts will do the job.

Thanks, Scott

Subaman

Post by Subaman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:28 am

Yeah mate, first gen Lib, I was running 212/75 15`s, with outback struts and 30mm lift springs, I know a bloke who had the same size tyres on his unlifted Lib, but they rubbed like a bastard ofcourse. I never ran the outback mounts on the back of that car, I just made the lift blocks an inch bigger where the mounts sit.

Liberty Valance

Post by Liberty Valance » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:23 pm

Now I'm second guessing myself a bit.

AR, you may be able answer this question...
Do the 97-99 Outback trailing arm mounts have the pivot bolt set 8mm further back or are the mounts 80mm taller than standard liberty?

I have read too many forum posts and got myself confused. The end result I require is to set the rear wheel a little further back closer to the centre of the wheel arch in order to accommodate some real rubber.

Here's a photo of the unfinished project for good measure.

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:36 pm

the brackets are 1" taller to suit the 1" body blocks on a factory outback.

as grant said you can achieve the same by just running a 3" lift block on an otherwise 2" kit
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

Liberty Valance

Post by Liberty Valance » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:37 pm

vincentvega wrote:the brackets are 1" taller to suit the 1" body blocks on a factory outback.

as grant said you can achieve the same by just running a 3" lift block on an otherwise 2" kit
I guess I'll look at that option. Second hand mounts are proving a little difficult to obtain. Any idea much further back the wheel sits using this method?

(I'm still think I've seen a photo somewhere of a liberty mount and outback mount side by side which shows the pivot bolt further back but maybe they were incorrectly labelled)

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:48 pm

moved my wheels back about 8mm from memory. that was a long time ago though so i could be wrong.

If you really want to go down this route just buy new ones. They cost about $100 / set.

The other option is to have someone cut and shut your trailing arms. This has been done before and gives you the best ground clearance. Just need to consider the ramifications of a failed weld..
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

Subaman

Post by Subaman » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:39 am

Yeah Dane is right, I have recently put them on my car, after months of hunting, I manage to find a second hand set locally for $50 bucks, and they moved the wheel back roughly 10mm. I sat them beside my standard brackets and there was no difference to the location of the bolt hole, it just sits lower.

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:24 pm

I was running 215/75/15 with Outback trailing arm mount and found that the wheels rubbed on the back side of the guard where the mud flap is. I took stock mud flaps off and had some thin ones put on, the tyres still rubbed when you went down a dip with a bit of speed
I just noticed you don't have mud flaps :roll: i did also cut a small piece off the front part of the guard but didn't touch the outside corner it gave me a bit more room
You need all the room you can get so the mud can get out, it's a bugger when you have to dig the mud out to stop the wheel rubbing got a pic of it

Jan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

Liberty Valance

Post by Liberty Valance » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:15 pm

Thanks Jan, I plan to put some mud flaps on once I sort the tyres out.

Did you have trouble with the 215/75/15's scrubbing on the body on full steering lock?

Nice picture by the way, that's a lot of mud !

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:47 am

Liberty Valance wrote:Thanks Jan, I plan to put some mud flaps on once I sort the tyres out.

Did you have trouble with the 215/75/15's scrubbing on the body on full steering lock?

Nice picture by the way, that's a lot of mud !
Yes just a bit of rub with WRX wheels, Forester wheel offset is better you shouldn't get to much rub

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:33 am

I have forester wheels and they rub on full lock with 205/75R15

Just grind off any sharp parts on your lift kit block. You wont do any damage to the tyres or car as long as the surfaces are smooth. I have a nice shiny patch on my chassis that i hit with a bit of black spray every now and then ;)

Return to “Wanted”