WTB/WTT: Forester Dual Range Center Console

For those seeking stuff - put your add here ...
nepbug

WTB/WTT: Forester Dual Range Center Console

Post by nepbug » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:23 am

EDIT: Found an Impreza one!

I'm interested in getting the center console portion for a Forester if anyone has one or can acquire one.

I am in the USA, so shipping will be fun.

If there is anything over in the US that you would like me to try and acquire as a trade or partial trade let me know. I'm not really sure exactly what we have that you don't (LHD, Badge of Ownership, Bajas, car badges that say different names, Honey BooBoo).

I still haven't acquired my dual-range gearbox so I might also need the cable, lever, grommet, plate, etc for that too. I'll know more when I get the tranny.

I'm not really sure what year I would need yet either, so some pictures of consoles would help if you have them. This will be going into a GD Impreza (2002).

KiwiL

Post by KiwiL » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:42 pm

I can't supply anything myself, but here in NZ the GD Impreza was available with a low range, so you may be able to pick up the console from an Impreza as well as a Forester. So, if possible you may be able to acquire low range parts from an Impreza of the same age as yours.

nepbug

Post by nepbug » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:39 pm

KiwiL wrote:I can't supply anything myself, but here in NZ the GD Impreza was available with a low range, so you may be able to pick up the console from an Impreza as well as a Forester. So, if possible you may be able to acquire low range parts from an Impreza of the same age as yours.
Ooh, great info. Probably tougher to find, but that will be my holy grail quest for center consoles.

I guess I'll troll eBay Australia and see if I can find any Australian salvage yard search engines online.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:31 am

PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

nepbug

Post by nepbug » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:20 pm

Thanks for the heads up onthe GD Impreza. I was able to luck out and get that trim piece out of the UK.

Now, I need to figure out the lever, cabling, grommets, etc to be able to finish it up. I think I'm going to need to find someone parting out a car or willing to go to a salvage yard to get those parts.

KiwiL

Post by KiwiL » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:29 am

Sweet, glad I could help mate. :)

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:23 am

boss wrecking in Queensland, Australia have all the parts you need if you can't get them locally.

http://www.bosswrecking.com.au/
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

nepbug

Post by nepbug » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:16 pm

vincentvega wrote:boss wrecking in Queensland, Australia have all the parts you need if you can't get them locally.

http://www.bosswrecking.com.au/
Excellent, I will contact them and see if they will ship to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

nepbug

Post by nepbug » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:33 am

Thanks for the info from everyone.

I now have all the parts needed to have an OEM D/R shifter. I've got my transmissions and I am in middle of tearing down the EA82 gearbox for the low range swap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Return to “Wanted”