Wanted Scorpion Rims x 5

For those seeking stuff - put your add here ...
Kalbarri_baru

Wanted Scorpion Rims x 5

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:24 pm

There were quite a few Scorpion rims produced by Scorpion Subaru about 4 years ago, There would have to be a few old L Series still floating around with these rims.

If your L Series / Leone or Brumby is damaged or unregistered and has some Scorpion rims and you would like some extra cash then PM me with some photos, Top dollar will be paid for tidy Scorpion rims.

Cheers

WayneO....................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bantum
General Member

Post by Bantum » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:52 am

There was a set on Gumtree not too long ago, sorry you didn't get them as they wanted a lot of $ for them ... :(

Another possible source with a similar rim would be this lot :

More details here : http://www.easternwheelworks.com.au/subaru-wheels.htm

Note : they're not Scorpion's, but are similar ... ;)

It might be worth a call ( to eastern wheel works ) to see if they still do them ... :)

Ciao, Bantum ...

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:50 am

Scorpion don't make them anymore

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

phil nelis

Post by phil nelis » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:55 am

I contacted the owner of scorpion myself and he has destroyed the jigs for the wheels and he also told me he is not interested in doing any mod work on early subaru`s anymore as people don`t want to pay to get quality work done. I wholeheartedly pleaded with him to make me a set of wheels and i offered to pay him $1000 for 6 wheels and he just said no. So, i have found a couple of his and am in the process of talking to custom fabricators about making some. I know how good a rim they are, that`s why i am doing this.

phil nelis

Post by phil nelis » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:57 am

Thanks for the link Andrew. I`ll contact them as well.

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:58 pm

phil nelis wrote:I wholeheartedly pleaded with him to make me a set of wheels and i offered to pay him $1000 for 6 wheels and he just said no. So, i have found a couple of his and am in the process of talking to custom fabricators about making some. I know how good a rim they are, that`s why i am doing this.
Give me a PM if you have success duplicating the Scorpion rims $1000 for six rims with same specs (I'm There), I am sure you will find some more takers on that deal.

Cheers

WayneO............
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:01 pm

Bantum wrote:Another possible source with a similar rim would be this lot :

More details here : http://www.easternwheelworks.com.au/subaru-wheels.htm

Note : they're not Scorpion's, but are similar ... ;)

It might be worth a call ( to eastern wheel works ) to see if they still do them ... :)

Ciao, Bantum ...
Cheers Bloke, hey they have the same feel as the Scorpions but do you know if they do them in white and not chrome ??, will ring them anyway but after the new year.

Cheers

WayneO..............
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Kalbarri_baru wrote:There would have to be a few old L Series still floating around with these rims.
There was one on gumtree a few months back in Adelaide with a set of at least 4 rims on it for $2G. I was tempted but didn't have the money or the time.
phil nelis wrote:I wholeheartedly pleaded with him to make me a set of wheels and i offered to pay him $1000 for 6 wheels and he just said no.
He used to charge $180 to $200 a rim about 10 years ago, so $1000 for six rims would have come up just short.

Basically he's moved on from the old stuff unfortunately. I'm after another set of 5 second hand ones if I can find them. There was another set on a subi in queensland but the dude wouldn't separate them :(

Let us know how you go with the fabrication ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

phil nelis

Post by phil nelis » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:49 pm

I have got 2 scorpion rims and a brumby hub, an L series hub and a drum brake hub from both as well. I am going to see if i can do a 14`` and a 15`` in both offsets. Have 2 meetings already set up with fabricators so here`s hoping we can come up with the right wheels at a competitive price.

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:21 pm

phil nelis wrote:I have got 2 scorpion rims and a brumby hub, an L series hub and a drum brake hub from both as well. I am going to see if i can do a 14`` and a 15`` in both offsets. Have 2 meetings already set up with fabricators so here`s hoping we can come up with the right wheels at a competitive price.
All the best with that and waiting with anticipation, hope others show some interest to make it worth while for the fabricators.

Cheers

WayneO.................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:16 pm

I would be interested in a set of 5 for my wagon if they can make them in any quantity, could probably set aside $1000 or $1200. Just plain steel would be fine for me since I plan to powder coat them a different color anyway. Was really hoping to stumble across a set of used Scorpions for my resto, they are the perfect wheel for the look I want :)
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:31 pm

Maybe change the design slightly so there is no copyright issues?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:34 pm

If the design was changed, how will that fit in with my current run of scorpions? I can't have that!

Surely someone's not going to hold this to a copy right - otherwise they'd still be producing them!!

Cheers

Bennie

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:08 pm

El_Freddo wrote:If the design was changed, how will that fit in with my current run of scorpions? I can't have that!
You buy 4 new ones ;)

Surely someone's not going to hold this to a copy right - otherwise they'd still be producing them!! [/QUOTE]

You don't have to be in production to hold copyrights.. isn't this the case of the 5 stud conversion kits?? or have I heard something wrong?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:25 pm

define copyright ?

according to everything I have read over the years copyright is for the life of the "author" + 70 years after.

copyright is normally only infringed if royalties are not paid or the item is pirated then sold en-mass with no royalties paid.

were these items actually copyrighted or is it just a "copyright" clause they have put on the product?

more reading here

http://www.copyright.org.au/find-an-answer/

I'm wondering if scorpion rims would come under the fair dealings clause

bhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa.

If as stated in the earlier posts that the original manufacturer has destroyed the jigs, you may find his copyright has been annulled with the destruction of said manufacturing components.

good luck with it

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Coryright won't be "annulled" just because he has distroyed the jigs but either way, why would you want to make them the same and have the possibility of copyright issues. Just change it so you never have the hassle but each to their own.

How about we have everyone on here come up with a "AUSubaru design" and then produce those?

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:31 pm

Change the logo on the rim perhaps, then it would not be an exact copy, or just ask the original owner if he would mind if someone else made a copy, I am sure he was / is a Subaru enthusiast and would not object.

Cheers

Wayne
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Bantum wrote:T

Another possible source with a similar rim would be this lot :

I like, I like a lot
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:48 pm

Gannon wrote:I like, I like a lot
Well there is that option also, not a big fan of the large centre caps though, the Scorpion centres looked great, will get in contact with these guys after the new years, Cheers Gannon.

Hey Phil did you have the centre caps for those Scorpions ur taking to the fabricator ??????.

Cheers

WayneO....................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:03 pm

Kalbarri_baru wrote:Well there is that option also, not a big fan of the large centre caps though, the Scorpion centres looked great, will get in contact with these guys after the new years, Cheers Gannon.

Hey Phil did you have the centre caps for those Scorpions ur taking to the fabricator ??????.
I've got a set that I never got around to fitting to Ruby Scoo - I'm pretty sure they're the large ones similar to what you find on the "speedies" 13 inch rims. I've also got a set of them.

I'll get a pic later in the week ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Wanted”