L Series Rack Ends

For those seeking stuff - put your add here ...
Matt
General Member

L Series Rack Ends

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:51 pm

Chasing rack ends (QTY 2) to suit a non power steering, it must have the following characteristics

female socket end with a 16mm Female (AKA hole in it, interal thread, etc)

14mm thread on the other end.

overlength is 300mm. :)

The part number which is not longer available is RE 7012.

These are no longer available geniunine before anyone suggests the awesome Andy.
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:50 pm

are PS and MS different to each other, or are you just being specific in case they are ?

Rock are sure to have them in the land of everything...

Did you ever tell how you went in searching for 4 pin module or whatever to resolve an issue with your turbo ?

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:40 pm

I believe the power steering ones have male socket end. It is for my ute and i know you could buy them 2 years ago, but now it seems impossible :(

And if by ROCK you mean Repco, no they cant supply them.

And never found the module, and still haven't got to the bottom of the drama. :(
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:34 pm

sorry, meant rockauto.com in USA

Last time i looked, modules were about $300 there

I can check on the power steering gender some time - I know I recall comparing manual MY with PS L and they were different gender so could not fit one model to the other.

Hey Matt, how long ago did you get those perspex headlight protectors on Claudia? never seen them on any other MY

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:40 am

They came with the car and are genuine item :) Talk the teh Rick and Ross about them.
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:22 am

ah, lucky :)

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:28 pm

I've got a complete non power steer rack out of an RX Turbo I converted some years ago if you want it Matt.
Settlement Creek Racing

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:49 pm

Thanks Brumbyrunner but i dont know what ends that should have on it, as there seems to be more male socket ends out there. :( Would you be able to look for me, if it isnt to much trouble?
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:59 pm

L series rack ends should still be available aftermarket. I've got a set in the shed waiting to go in... Been a few years now!

Is it just the MY racks that are different between the ps and non-ps racks? Or does this difference still apply to the L series racks?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:43 am

It is different in both models unfortunately and you can still buy MY / Brumby's ones for both models.
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

z1000st

Rack ends

Post by z1000st » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:58 am

Just been down this path with my L series. The rack ends with the female ends are apparently Brumby fitment. Found out that my L had a Brumby rack fitted sometime in the past. Couldn't source the ends to fit so I fitted a proper L series rack. Rebuild parts are readily available for them from Bursons. Ends are RE876. Tie rods TE701LB and TE701RB. Also fitted a new rack end bush which are only available genuine Subaru. This is all for non PS setup.

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:23 pm

I know mine is a brumby rack lol cause it is a Brumby. And i dont want to play around any more as i half way through converting it to powersteering as the Manual bushes for the rack are not available.
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:01 pm

OK, I can help a bit here as I was looking at a manual Brumby rack, and L power steer rack ends to see if they would fit together. No way Jose. Was a same sex issue, think they were both female ?
EDIT
OK. Rack ends from power steering L's have male appendage, so too the MY manual steering rack

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:39 am

I have had the right combo in my ute for like 5 years or so and replaced the rack ends a couple times...
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Matt wrote:Thanks Brumbyrunner but i dont know what ends that should have on it, as there seems to be more male socket ends out there. :( Would you be able to look for me, if it isnt to much trouble?
The tie-rod ends in this L series rack have female threads where they connect to the rack-ends, just like Liberty/Impreza ones. You want 'em?
Settlement Creek Racing

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:47 pm

The ones i am after look like this Stuart. I have found some second hand ones that will get me moving again, but want a new set on the self :) And yes i can buy them from here but the frieght is redicilous like $130 for 2. And they wont tell me the total length as well, cause there is 250mm and 300mm long ones.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1033226
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

Return to “Wanted”