EJ20 wiring loom / ecu for conversion

For those seeking stuff - put your add here ...
justincase41

EJ20 wiring loom / ecu for conversion

Post by justincase41 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Howdy, chasing a wiring loom and ecu for ej swap in my brumby.
I have a 2002 Liberty EJ20 SOHC motor and a auto ecu. I need either a wiring loom and a manual ecu or just a wiring loom if that's all you have. I will be hunting someone to do the wiring conversion for me as I hate Auto electrics plus time is always an issue.

cheers
Justin
Current :
1992 Brumby (Future EJ20 Conversion)
2007 Toyota Prado 120
2012 Great Wall V200 (daily driver)
1997 Subaru Outback
1999 Toyota Surf (Beach Basher)
Past:
To Many to list!

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:44 pm

I've got an EJ22 wiring loom from a Gen 2 Liberty if that is any good to you - I think the ECU is there too but I would have to check. Can freight it to Pinkenba depot for probably $40 -but not until 11th July.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

justincase41

Post by justincase41 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:51 pm

Do you know if there is much difference between the ej20 Gen 3 and ej22 Gen 2 looms and engine sensors??
Current :
2007 Toyota Prado 120
1997 Subaru Outback
Past:
To Many to list!

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:21 pm

No idea - I imagine the engine looms are similar. Give Al at AMAuto a call - he is the Subaru wiring expert and he is in Brisbane or Qld at least :)

I have the engine that goes with it - maybe you could use the inlet manifold etc from my engine and then it will definitely work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:36 pm

I think that would be massively different.
Just looking at the EJ20 manual loom and ECU I removed this morning from a 2001 forester it doesn't look anything like the EJ22 one I have sitting in the shed.

I would offer this manual loom and ECU but I kindof expect it will sell along with the motor I have. If somebody buys the motor off me and doesn't need the loom and ECU, then I'd send it over for you.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:20 pm

AndrewT wrote:I think that would be massively different.
Just looking at the EJ20 manual loom and ECU I removed this morning from a 2001 forester it doesn't look anything like the EJ22 one I have sitting in the shed.

I would offer this manual loom and ECU but I kindof expect it will sell along with the motor I have. If somebody buys the motor off me and doesn't need the loom and ECU, then I'd send it over for you.
the ECU and loom for the EJ20 is different to the ECU and loom for the EJ22

You may be able to get an EJ20 to run on an EJ22 loom but it wouldn't run very well.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:33 am

So I've read this a few times but not sure what you're saying exactly (I know it's probably just me) but are you saying you have a Engine Loom and ECU already for your 2002 Liberty EJ201 engine but it's for an Auto EJ201 and you want to fit it to your Brumby which you want to keep manual?

If this is correct, then just talk to Al at AM Autos and he'll let you know if you can use what you already have or whether or not you need to find the manual stuff. Personally I think you should be able to use what you already have.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

justincase41

Post by justincase41 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:51 pm

RSR 555 wrote:So I've read this a few times but not sure what you're saying exactly (I know it's probably just me) but are you saying you have a Engine Loom and ECU already for your 2002 Liberty EJ201 engine but it's for an Auto EJ201 and you want to fit it to your Brumby which you want to keep manual?

If this is correct, then just talk to Al at AM Autos and he'll let you know if you can use what you already have or whether or not you need to find the manual stuff. Personally I think you should be able to use what you already have.
Yes that pretty much covers it, I have the ej20 motor with engine loom and ecu which was all removed from an auto. I want to shove this into the brumby which I want to keep the EA box and hence why i'm getting you to sort out the flywheel, adaptor plate ect. So I need the rest of the wiring loom so I can dump it onto someone else to chop and change and make is usable for my needs. I'm pretty sure I can use the auto ecu with the engine loom I already have. I will give AL a buzz tomorrow
Current :
2007 Toyota Prado 120
1997 Subaru Outback
Past:
To Many to list!

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:03 am

You shouldn't need another harness. Al will just cut down your EJ201 loom to make it work as required. Then you'll just have a few wire to connect up to your Brumby harness. Al will mark up what EJ loom wires need to connect to your harness or you can just pay an auto sparky to do for you if you're unsure. This is the easiest way for you to have it done. What other harness are you wanting?

I'm sure you've done your research but just remember your Brumby isn't EFI, so you'll need to make up the extra fuel line and mods to your radiator.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

justincase41

Post by justincase41 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:59 am

Ive done a heap of research so pretty much got most of it covered, but Im sure something else will pop up. The wiring i'm chasing is the part of the loom that runs from the ecu, under the dash, thru the firewall and to the large connecters at the back of the motor (connectors to the engine harness/loom) Here are a couple of pics of the donk, and the connectors i'm talking about. So it a nut shell I don't have the wiring loom that runs between the ecu and these connectors. Ultimately most of it will probably be chopped and changed anyway when the wiring guru's work their magic. I;m just trying to get as much of it as possible so they have plenty to work with. I will iev them a call as they may have enough bits and pieces inorder to complete the loom to my needs without me needing to hunt it down. Im also doing the wrecking yard rounds today so may get something whilst im out and about.

Current :
2007 Toyota Prado 120
1997 Subaru Outback
Past:
To Many to list!

Return to “Wanted”