adaptor plate for ej20 to EA82 5-speed

For those seeking stuff - put your add here ...
henpecked

adaptor plate for ej20 to EA82 5-speed

Post by henpecked » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:54 pm

Its for a MY series

I would also like the bolts and the modified L-series flywheel for the conversion.

I emailed RSR555 last year and thought it was good to go, but I think I may have dropped the ball on that communication, and have not been able to re-connect with him. Paul if you read this - please PM and we will get it all done ;)

Otherwise - does any-one else in AUS or NZ have a ready made kit ?

The US is far too pricey with the current exchange rate.

Thanks

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:08 pm

I have a plate you could borrow as a template to getting your own made (I imported it from the US during my last trip over there, as I couldn't get hold of Paul) - or I could even run it to a local waterjet cutter to have a duplicate made (no idea on cost though). I am looking for the bolts and flywheel also...
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:05 pm

Pauls off for a few weeks in a couple of days. From memory he had a couple of adaptor plates kicking around his house, I need to drop in to his and flash new firmware onto his speedo before he leaves so Il ask for you. I dont know about a modified flywheel, he usually gets them done as needed but he does have a brumby project in the workshop that I think needs it done so perhaps he can do two then. Il have a chat to him anyway and let you know.

Regards

Doug

henpecked

Post by henpecked » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:03 pm

Subydoug wrote:Pauls off for a few weeks in a couple of days. From memory he had a couple of adaptor plates kicking around his house, I need to drop in to his and flash new firmware onto his speedo before he leaves so Il ask for you. I dont know about a modified flywheel, he usually gets them done as needed but he does have a brumby project in the workshop that I think needs it done so perhaps he can do two then. Il have a chat to him anyway and let you know.

Regards

Doug
Thanks Doug, I would greatly appreciate all help you could give me on this, I'd prefer to go through Paul as he has taken the time to develop the gear. I'll just send or deposit the cash once he says he can do it.

Thanks.

if that does not work out then I'll take up Dfoyl's previous offer, but I'd prefer to give the money to Paul then a shop just copying the US design. But with luck we can both get our flywheels and bolts from Paul at the same time.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:27 pm

Or you can build your own. AndyT did a write up years ago and it's referenced in my EJ into L series how to guide ( or some name like that!).

Personally I'd recase the gearbox into an EJ casing. Not that difficult to do and it allows you to run the stock EJ clutch, flywheel and starter. I've done this twice now and I'll do it with other conversions too.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:02 am

Yeah it was easy to make one, no template required- your actual engine and gearbox make the most accurate template. Only basic tools required.

Return to “Wanted”