Cr0ss**** kit

For those seeking stuff - put your add here ...
mrwalker500

Cr0ss**** kit

Post by mrwalker500 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi I am looking for this kit to convert rear wheels to bigger brakes and 5 studs on my Brumby. I will be converting fronts to WRX or similar.:rolleyes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wife, 'Oh that's nice, it can be our sons first car'
Me, 'Yes I will make it strong and safe' ...and fast, but there is no way a 17 year old is going to drive it.:lol:

mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:37 am

I have sourced some xt6 hubs and plates, so I don't need these now, thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Me, 'Yes I will make it strong and safe' ...and fast, but there is no way a 17 year old is going to drive it.:lol:

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:30 pm

mrwalker500 wrote:I have sourced some xt6 hubs and plates, so I don't need these now, thanks
I take it you got them out of America?

and well done as they are getting rare now.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:39 am

Cr0ssBread kits are probably alot rarer heh

mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:29 pm

Yes, I got them out of the US, like hens teeth and not cheap with current exchange rate, but they are sweeeet!
Through my research it seems the cr0ssbread kits are like hens teeth in a haystack!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:25 pm

If they are as rusty as mine were you'll have to rip out the studs and replace them. They are a unique size to the XT6...I wonder if the ********* ones used a more commonly available size...
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:45 pm

dfoyl wrote:If they are as rusty as mine were you'll have to rip out the studs and replace them. They are a unique size to the XT6...I wonder if the ********* ones used a more commonly available size...
I haven't had a good look, I will post a photo and you might give some advice. He did say he would make sure all the studs were good or he would replace them. BTW, I haven't rung the wreckers yet as I have been away for work, but I try this week and let you know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:20 pm

Here is a photo of the XT6 hubs and backing plates I picked up. I reckon the stubs look pretty good. The backing plates have a thin metal wrapping 'plate' on the back with is slightly rusted away, but otherwise they are good. I will clean them up and paint with caliper paint, more pics to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:40 am

They do look good. With the backing plates I think you're not going to be able to do much as they will be way too small for any modern EJ rotor - 255.78mm is the XT6 rear size, and the smallest EJ is 266mm. If you are using a WRX donor you're likely going to be using that size or the larger 290mm. One option might be to make your own version of the kartboy adaptors (as used by people fitting the WRX 2 pots to other Subaru's with OEM 1 pot rears).
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:33 am

The most important part are the XT6 hubs, all of the part from the other doner vehicles brakes can be used.

For example the liberty / impreza / WRX backing plate can be re-drilled to match or the XT6 backing plate centre can be grafted to the the liberty / impreza / WRX backing plate. The Xbread kit used the doner vehicles backing plate which was from memory re-drilled and had a plate as well that covered the extra holes.

With the new brakes don't forget that you will need a better brake booster as well.

It is all fun and games :)

TOONGA

mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:18 pm

Thanks men. I think the transplant grafted mix might be a good as the XT6 plates have the right original configuration for the MY suspension. I have a look at kart boys diy. Cheers

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mrwalker500

Cr0ss**** kit

Post by mrwalker500 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:20 pm

I measured the backing plates and they are 325mm across at widest point. The approx distance from the Centre of the plate to the caliper hanger mounting bolt is approximately 100mm. So I reckon it just a matter of getting the right size hanger/ bracket for the discs I use? With the backing plate being that large, shouldn't that allow me to use 266mm or 290mm discs?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:52 pm

mrwalker500 wrote:I measured the backing plates and they are 325mm across at widest point. The approx distance from the Centre of the plate to the caliper hanger mounting bolt is approximately 100mm. So I reckon it just a matter of getting the right size hanger/ bracket for the discs I use? With the backing plate being that large, shouldn't that allow me to use 266mm or 290mm discs?

Yes you should be able to use a disc that size. The problem will lie in getting the calliper to mount up to the XT6 mount holes.

TOONGA

mattw

Post by mattw » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:30 pm

How did you go about getting the XT6 hubs out of the US? Got a contact your willing to pm?
I've been hunting around for one of the options for brake upgrades for my Brumby, be it the RX 4 stud rears, the X bread kit, or XT6 based solution.

mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:51 pm

mattw wrote:How did you go about getting the XT6 hubs out of the US? Got a contact your willing to pm?

I've been hunting around for one of the options for brake upgrades for my Brumby, be it the RX 4 stud rears, the X bread kit, or XT6 based solution.

I sent a PM, I like the Subaru factory solution.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:20 pm

xt6 hubs after a lick of caliper paint. Does anyone know what the 5 big holes are for? Heat dissipation?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Wanted”