ea82t

For those seeking stuff - put your add here ...
vk3fjmh

ea82t

Post by vk3fjmh » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:52 pm

hi im after ea82t mpfi gen 3 heads....-ea82 with the square around-
and also i have an ea82t with the 3 plug ecu
ive checked everything i can think of
from startup to 1/4 warmup it goes good under 7 psi boost
above 1/4 warmup terrible poping coffing spluttering no power then dies. turn off engine let it sit for a minute restart goes good again up to 1/4 warmup then its back
any one had the same

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:23 am

Have you read the codes from the ECU?

I don't know about the 3 plug/flapper Afm system but it might have a coolant sensor on the thermostat housing that could be dodgy. I vaguely remember these things being a pita when they're on their way out.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:55 am

yep.sort of. mine was more nice start, then developed a miss once touched throttle. let it sit either unning or not,restart was fine again until touch throttle. Did everything posible tune up wise including swap in serviced measured injectors. The see u next tuesdays near you that did the heads reckoned it was not their work - try new hydraulic lifters, I did, made their problem worse. They failed to check and find marshmallow soft valve springs on the offending cylinder. I found once I got driving things were fine until I pushed it between auto shifts would fail to close a valve in time and got intake backfire - a lot of fun when running propane through the turbo (clamps and hoses all over the road, stripey undies etc)new genuine valve springs fixed the problem.

vk3fjmh

Post by vk3fjmh » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:21 pm

ok thanks el-freddo i tryed putting a 5k ohm trimpot across the temp sensor then went for a drive it seems to have made a differance for the better ill go to the auto store and buy a new sensor

Return to “Wanted”