Subaru enthusiast to fix up my old Rx turbo Melbourne

For those seeking stuff - put your add here ...
colwyn

Subaru enthusiast to fix up my old Rx turbo Melbourne

Post by colwyn » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:12 am

I've recently registered my Manual 87 Rx turbo and after 3 days of hammering it around the snowfields its good enough to take it to the next step of tiding it up and keeping it going mechanically.

For that Im looking for someone or a workshop that's happy to do the work at a decent discounted price. Im getting a bit long in the tooth to do much work myself and ive had a injury to my hand. I work full time so space time is limited.

Ideally suit someone who already has/or has access to a huge spare parts base who can swap over items that are looking a bit long in the tooth and knows the tricks and bits about whats needed and whats not or even someone who might have a old rx not running that i can buy for a spare parts horse.

Subaru has lift kit, full time box, intercooler and power steering.

I live Melbourne Victoria.

For eg atm i need a new clutch, wouldnt mind the bits for the diff lock to get going also.

Ive used in the past Lucas Automotive subabits but there full priced shops and would rather pay someone a cash rate to do it when they have time. there was a member here that did some work for me about 8 years ago, though cant remember him anymore.

Picture is of the RX up in the Snow around Bright Victoria last weekend, it even blends in, got to say i burnt the clutch out bc is was so cold i could run 17 pound of boost and had to reverse up a sleep incline on a forest trail, mate the suby did it but at a price.

Suggestions, even if you can point me to a place 'you know' is wreaking a L series EFI as there harder to find now! Centre road wreakers used to have 10 now barely 1 a year.
Attachments
rx snow.jpg
rx snow.jpg (76.87 KiB) Viewed 1193 times

Johnny T

Post by Johnny T » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:59 pm

pm sent

colwyn

Post by colwyn » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:03 am

Ta, i noticed Subawrecks having a sale so will call them for a spare parts basket.

Return to “Wanted”