Looking to buy an EA81S engine and MY interior parts

For those seeking stuff - put your add here ...
Post Reply
Lewmmarx1985
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2025 6:49 pm

Looking to buy an EA81S engine and MY interior parts

Post by Lewmmarx1985 » Thu Jun 25, 2026 12:04 pm

Hi all,

First time posting to this group. I've recently blown a head gasket in my 1991 Subaru Brumby. While I know I'll need to either have the engine rebuilt or replaced, I've been on the lookout for an upgrade. In the hopes I can keep my Brumby as stock and period correct as possible but upgrade it using some of the better performance parts made at the time, I plan on replacing the engine with an EA81S.

As well as an engine, I'm also looking to replace my dash with a MY touring wagon/GL5 long dash with analogue instrument cluster in grey as well as centre console with power window switches and radio/gearstick surrounds. I realise all rare pieces, but this seems to be the place to look.

I'm located in Victoria, Australia but am willing to travel for the right (or any) engine. I'm happy to negotiate on price but willing to pay what they're worth. Please let me know if you have one or know of someone that does. I'm very interested to know what's out there.

User avatar
El_Freddo
Master Member
Posts: 12732
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:00 am
Location: Bridgewater Vic
Contact:

Re: Looking to buy an EA81S engine and MY interior parts

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Sep 13, 2026 6:14 pm

G’day Lew,

Any luck?

For the dashboard you might need to buy a whole vehicle that’s only good for parts.

The EA81S - rarer than a hole in a hen’s tooth. But they’re out there. Trying to pry one from its owner would be the next issue.

Probably heard it already - an EJ conversion will bring you on par to what you’d spend on an EA81S - and give you a good range of supporting parts, plus better fuel economy, power etc. It’s a very nice upgrade.

Silverbullet did his with an aftermarket engine management setup, I always go for the factory management as it’s no fuss and I’m not chasing power gains.
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
Image
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

User avatar
Bantum
Senior Member
Posts: 2075
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Territory + QLD
Contact:

Re: Looking to buy an EA81S engine and MY interior parts

Post by Bantum » Mon Sep 14, 2026 1:54 am

Hi,

If you're looking for a sport ea81 - it will be difficult as they were only produced for rally / race teams in limited numbers.

As for analog dash conversions, get hold of a donner car which is the best option - again they were in limited numbers, a possible alternate would be a digital dash ...

Only place / guy that I know that may have what you're looking for is in SA - Paul Kinnear ... look him up .. :)

Cheers, Bantum ...

Post Reply

Return to “Wanted”