cb custom dash

How to get from A to B & devices used ...
fredsub

cb custom dash

Post by fredsub » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:51 pm

thought you guys might be interested in this.
Its my 2nd go, and its made to fit a GME tx3200. Its a PITA to install, but maybe that'l stop opportunists from ripping it off too

Don't ask how much time this has taken ,the first shape didn't work out, the cb fitted too tight and the antennae cable didn't fit. Now the the antennae cable has a bit of a bend still, but fits heaps better.
This one I took out again and rebended the edge shorter. 1.5mm galvanised plate is pita to flaten and rebend tho. So use this info if you want to repeat this.

Its painted with that hammerd black paint stuff, which I've also had to redo - do use a primer, otherwise it don't stick to galv plate steel.

my revised dimensions

ImageImage

The sheet to which the CB is scewed upon is welded

notice the shape at the rear, it bolts thru to the dash bolts that are in that location, you'll need longer bolts tho, 10mm bolt, 30-40mm long

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:47 pm

Can u hear the speaker ok with that... i know the speaker is built into the unit with that model. I have extension speakers built into my roof lining on the roof.

Maybe it would have looked a little neater using a DIN mounting lit to suit the tx3200.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

fredsub

Post by fredsub » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:40 am

SuBaRiNo wrote:
Maybe it would have looked a little neater using a DIN mounting lit to suit the tx3200.

Dave
neater you say! :twisted:
thing about DIN mounting is easy to put in, but also easy prey to theif...and I didn't want to keep putting it in and out all the time. Its fixed in for good, and can't be removed without unbolting everything.
Eg I could've mounted it in the change draw...but where'd I keep the change then? and it would be too easy to remove.
besides the unit also conveniently mounts a 2A 5V + 3.3V switching PSU for phone,gps,etc,etc

I've made use of the under dash speaker that was there for the radio orignally...but sound is still a bit muffled (dash carpet I guess) so I like that roof mount idea...maybe one of those flush flat type speakers you can get these days eh?

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:32 pm

Good work on making it so it's not able to get stolen easy.... looks like it's in a vault. lol

For the speaker i used a Nokia phone Handsfree kit speaker. These are rather thin so they fit almost anywhere. I had also thought about using the factory speaker but i had to remove that some time back to fit more toys. I belive GME also make a speaker that is a similar size... i think the part number is SPK07.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

Return to “Navigation”