Nokia 6110 Navigator and GeoCaching

How to get from A to B & devices used ...
stephendean

Nokia 6110 Navigator and GeoCaching

Post by stephendean » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:49 pm

Have had this phone for a while. I have found the navigation software quite useful. But have found a great piece of free software for those forum users into GeoCaching. For those who do not know what Geocaching is, it is a form of treasure hunt using GPS devices. You look for things etc hidden at certain GPS coordinates. It can be fun and it certainly gets you out and about. To find out more go to http://www.geocaching.com/. Well the software that makes it possible to geocache with the built in GPS software on the phone is available from http://www.geocachenavigator.com/ and is called Geocache Navigator and is free. This software makes us of the GPs functions of the phone and also connects to the web so find caches near your location. So you need to be aware that you will be downloading data and your phone company may charge for the data. You can also input the coordinates yourself therefore not downloading data. I have tried over the last couple of weekends and it works a treat, I was even amazed at how accurate the GPS unit in the phone was.
It now looks like I have a new hobby and a way of seeing our great country.:)

fingrd

Post by fingrd » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:49 am

Just a quick quiry, when changing in a new memory card i have lost the australian map, which now really sucks ass, dont know if u know what the file is called or anything but ive been trying to get this back for a few months now with no end yet

cheers

ChPLAT

Post by ChPLAT » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:27 pm

just put the old card back in your phone and copy all the files off it to your computer. Switch to the bigger card and paste em back on the new one?

that's what i would do at least.
-Chris
Past rides-
1989 Brumby

Current ride-
MY06 Liberty 2.5i Sedan

madmat

Post by madmat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:34 pm

i love my 6110 Nav
Great fun off road. Now lives in FIJI as a mobile dentists truck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:59 pm

trying that geo cache thingy now:) doubt there will be anything within 500km of me though, nah make it a 1000km.... stupid perth:)
09 Forester XT Touring Wagon

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:01 pm

i lie, there's 10 within 2 miles:)
09 Forester XT Touring Wagon

Return to “Navigation”