Rentals in SE QLD

Testing and what ever here.
Goon

Rentals in SE QLD

Post by Goon » Mon May 26, 2008 11:47 am

Gday again,

dunno if I'm posting this in the right place but-
Who else currently renting has had a gutful of overpriced, unsafe and poorly managed rentals in the Bris metro area? Got called home from work early Friday to face "the new" property manager, to be informed rent is going up by $120 a week.. not unusual I know, but with no arrears, no complaints and not even lodging one of 18 complaints about the current shoebox and the total lack of repairs/maintenance which was listed on the original entry report, my family and I have been given 2 choices; 3 months at $350/week and shove off, or start $370/week for 6 months only, after which rent WILL increase to $400/week. We are choosing option 3, get the ***K out of Bris and live in a new 4 bedder near Caboolture for $300 So my Boss has verbally abused me about travel time, emergency call outs etc, the RTA tells us we can apply to make the agent follow protocol- APPLY?-FOR HIM TO FOLLOW THE LAW?

STUFF THE BOSS, THE RTA AND THE NEW AGENT. WE ARE OUTTA HERE.

Sorry to be vocal about this, prolly don't belong here as a topic, just thought that anyone else in the same boat should know their rights when it comes to this stuff, the RTA is nothing more a consultative committee at times, they do know the definitions of rights and responsibilities but as usual it's all about business, right?

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Mon May 26, 2008 2:48 pm

I have only rented twice in my lifetime and never wish to do it again, the hoops the Real Estate Agents make you jump through just to get on the list is bad enough.
The agents who had photocopies of my passport - bank accounts - electricity account etc were stunned when I asked for all of the copies back after being unsuccessful in my applications with them, I trust nobody least of all those one rung on the ladder above rock spiders.
Peter

Fang

Post by Fang » Mon May 26, 2008 3:23 pm

I am renting in Lawnton now - and mine went up $30 in six months. I thought there was a law saying you can't put it by more than 10% in one period? I know your pain mate. There needs to be some hard and fast rules laid down on landlords and real estates.

Goon

Post by Goon » Mon May 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Well just got back from giving two weeks notice, the agent was absolutely gobsmacked to hear we are moving out-the missus did mention something about his soul burning in hell for all eternity- or something to that effect! After his initial shock he tried to reason that with fuel prices on the rise it made more sense to stay where we are now, how close everything is, especially the bay"you don't want to move from the seaside do you?"

Sorry buddy i say to him, if you believe it's the ants pants being next to polluting industries day and night, kids locked inside asbestos lined hotboxes, fishing in the remaining legal zones of moreton bay (what is it now, 8% left?)- then you go right ahead and move in.

WE GOT THE USUAL RESPONSE OF - NEVER FIND ANYTHING CHEAPER CLOSE BY, BETTER FILL OUT THESE FORMS, OR YOU'LL BE BLACKLISTED FOR NOT FOLLOWING A CONTRACT!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen ar****le! we have not had a fixed contract for two bl**dy years! STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE!!!

Anyway, if you are having similar dramas i do recommend you check with the RTA (qld) and check that you are being treated fairly. The rules only apply if you too follow them.

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Mon May 26, 2008 4:38 pm

I've only ever rented off people I knew. Guess I was lucky that way.
There is only one thing you must do in your life. Everything else is a choice.

INEEDABEER

Post by INEEDABEER » Mon May 26, 2008 5:31 pm

In Hervey Bay we pay $300 for a 4 b/room house with a big shed.Tell the boss to shove it and move up here.
]Hey I know Jack Schitte!
[/SIZE]

Return to “Sandbox”