Pedders EP1025/26 radius rod bush

steptoe
Master Member

Pedders EP1025/26 radius rod bush

Post by steptoe » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:47 am

hmmm, tried search function and google but no findy much other than they are L Series. BUT, Pedders website cat has two listings for L Series so must be two types of L Series radius rod bushes ??

Radius rod is the bar that bolts to lower control arm by two bolts 17mm heads and back at 45 degree angle to a bracket - it is at this bracket these bushes are designed for.

I recall being sold these to fit my 92 Brumby , and of course ended up going for a Super Pro listed (correctly bush that was for 92 Brumby. They fitted :)

Kept these Pedder units intending to shove in my GLTA - though it is now finished with...moving on to the Vort and they'd wanna fit - same colour as the car :) . The kit has been stored in a lunch box for 6 or 7 years and the smell upon opening - like you'd left a load of washing in the machine for a week - pwoar !

The kit comes with four bushes, 2 of ML180A and 2 of ML180B ID 19mm

just been here

http://www.superpro.com.au/?v=subaru-le ... /999500431

bit of a disappoint at first to see superpro list GENII as being 1979 to 1994 but, at least they show two kits of strut bar bushes, one for MY the other for L Series, so, they only list one kit, maybe there is only one bush set for L Series including Vort......

and two metal sleeves that reduce ID to about 14mm
Just now find this kit is also listed for the Bitsa Starion so maybe the sleeve is for their radius rod - must be only thing scrawny on a Staz !

Anyone got any part numbers to help decipher the difference of the Ls radius rods bushes listed by Pedders then ? - could save me some grief once pulled things apart

nncoolg

Post by nncoolg » Sun May 10, 2015 10:54 am

what did you think of the urethane Steptoe? do you think super pro is better than nolathane?

I gotta do my castor rod bushes too aye...
Do they urethane ones squeak once they've been in there for a while and its rained??
The trading corner : the stuff that I need ATM -
# Vortex Main Dash Surround / Bezel ANY COLOUR,
# Vortex Radio, # RHD Vortex 4speed auto digital dash,
# RH-Side parking (86+) Vortex wiper transmission,
# EA82 AWD 4EAT,
If you have them please PM me :cool:

Proton mouse

Post by Proton mouse » Sun May 10, 2015 11:09 am

From my own and friends experiences, I've found Superpro to be the better quality.
Just use plenty of the silicon grease (supplied) onto all surfaces and you wont have squeeks!
John

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun May 10, 2015 11:36 am

the bushes are still sitting in my lunchbox :)

They are red so will match the bodywork. Just wondering if the blue ones have a slipperier make up.

I did go with the blu in the end with the Brum and not a squeak.

Maybe drill and tap a silicone grease nipple into the red ones ?

And, my Vort has not been in the rain for three years so not a worry :)

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”