Brumby tie rod ends. Roadsafe brand. Help + Bursons wheel bearing kits

91Brumby

Brumby tie rod ends. Roadsafe brand. Help + Bursons wheel bearing kits

Post by 91Brumby » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:13 pm

Roadsafe tie rod L/R are opposite to current ones. What do I do? Switch left / right or use as is?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsgx0j5s4zqf8 ... 2.jpg?dl=0

:mmm:

Maybe road safe take L/R from front on instead of passenger is left and drivers is right. :mmm:

I actually hate this brand. Never good experiences but TRW ( repco) don't make tie rod ends any more apparently :(

And it gets better.... The wheel bearing kits from Bursons, supplied by Motorgear have the wrong sized seals.
The wheel hubs use a 72mm seal front and back as far as I can tell. The kit from Motorgear has a 72mm seal and a 76mm seal.
Could someone please confirm for me that the standard from wheel hubs on a brumby use the same size seal front and back? It is possible someone put a different front end on this vehicle, but I really doubt it. The bearings they supplied went in fine and the front seal seems good, but the other seal is clearly too large.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: Brumby tie rod ends. Roadsafe brand. Help + Bursons wheel bearing kits

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:48 pm

That seal issue is the difference between the MY and L series models. You’ve got an L kit on your hands. Any decent seal shop should stock what you need ;)

Tie rod ends, who knows. Just fit them in whatever orientation they’re meant to be in regardless of the L/R markings. Pretty bad if they’re wrong if a novice is learning the ropes.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

91Brumby

Re: Brumby tie rod ends. Roadsafe brand. Help + Bursons wheel bearing kits

Post by 91Brumby » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:11 pm

Thanks Bennie.

Can you confirm if the kit was specifically incorrect for a Brumby or if the Brumby can have both types of front wheel hubs?

If the kit was absolutely not correct for a Brumby, I'll insist the shop provide me the correct seals. Otherwise, I guess I am buying a couple of 72mm seals.

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”